1210 users online (237 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

women suffer more holiday stress

Survey: Women suffer more stress during holidays
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A national stress survey the association conducted in January showed one in four people in the United States agrees that "when I am feeling down or facing a problem, I turn to food to help me feel better." The October survey showed that the proportion increases to one in three people during the holidays.

Comfort eating and unhealthy drinking increases among men too, but is more common among women. Forty-one percent of women in the survey agreed that they eat for comfort during the holidays, compared with 31 percent during the rest of the year. Among men, 25 percent report holiday-season comfort eating, compared with 19 percent during the year, according to the survey.

The holiday season is the most emotional time of the year for many Americans, particularly for women who often feel pressured to make it special to those they care about, said Sharon Gordetsky, a psychologist who specializes in children, families and issues of female development.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories...21806039.shtml

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 12-19-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Women suffer more stress during holidays

No joke
    Wonder why

My thoughts exactly.

I think most of us already knew this!

Duh!

I am stressed and exhausted. I won't get a rest until after the 30th or 31st.....bah humbug!

Survey???

Just when did they do a survey on this? I suppose questions of stress didnt have to be asked. Just hang around us gals for a few days and its very noticable we're stressed!!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I'm surprised they had to do a survey to know this. We women have known it all of our adult lives...lol.

It's probably a man who gave the survey..His wife is washing his shorts,taking care of the kids and makin his dinner and X-mas shopping. DUH !!!!!!! OF COURSE WERE STRESSED!@

I know my husband is really calm during this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by julia
    It's probably a man who gave the survey..His wife is washing his shorts,taking care of the kids and makin his dinner and X-mas shopping. DUH !!!!!!! OF COURSE WERE STRESSED!@
    And after his wife has doen the washing, shopping, cooking, baking, wrapping, decorating, booked the kennel, cleaned the house and planned all the travel, he realizes it's almost Christmas on December 23rd at about 10 pm, and says to his wife - "so let's talk about Christmas - what should we get the kids?"

I have know this for years, I can't stand this aspect of Christmas, the stress, gimme gimme gimme attitudes, disfuctional families...

In-Laws

And dont forget trying to plan a Christmas trip to visit family and you spend most of it traveling from in-laws to in-laws (who dont have children and could do the traveling easier) and dealing with tired cranky little ones!

Quote Originally Posted by sandraladeda
    And after his wife has doen the washing, shopping, cooking, baking, wrapping, decorating, booked the kennel, cleaned the house and planned all the travel, he realizes it's almost Christmas on December 23rd at about 10 pm, and says to his wife - "so let's talk about Christmas - what should we get the kids?"
    Lol. My husband would stop at the local shopquik gas/grocery and get everyone a 6 pack and a cigarette lighter with a dragon head on it. My poor kids would have never had a thing. My husband freaks that I shop online, like the people at the store are just sitting waiting to serve us with exactly what we need in the perfect color and size. Such a moron. I hate the malls, parking and people and they never have it. It's easier to shop online. IMO. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Exactly 2sisters I can't stand it either. I get stomach cramps thinking of all the greed. I think the perfect Christmas would be waking up going to church to celebrate the reason for Christmas then off to a homeless shelter to serve a Christmas meal and hand out much needed things to the less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    I have know this for years, I can't stand this aspect of Christmas, the stress, gimme gimme gimme attitudes, disfuctional families...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast