Dog run over by train, uninjured

cwiz24

Reaction score
It's Max, the wonderdog
First, he sneaked out of the yard. Then he showed up on the train tracks. Then he went under the moving train.

By Mac Daniel, Globe Staff
December 19, 2006

Robin Lennon knew her five-year-old pug, Max, was a curious dog with a touch of wanderlust; the dog had disappeared from her Walpole backyard before. But when he vanished on Friday, he was not found in any of the usual places. Not the Norwood dog pound, where he'd turned up the last time, and not the blocks around her house.

"My stomach was in knots," she said.

Lennon, 44, had such a bad feeling about what might have happened that she concealed the escape from her 16-year-old daughter, Liane, fearing how much it would upset her.

Max was indeed in danger. That morning, as a commuter rail train roared into Walpole station, engineer Kym Berry saw a small dog by the side of the tracks peering at the approaching train. To her horror, the dog leapt onto the tracks and sprinted in front of the train, as though to outrun it. Berry blew the horn and slammed on the emergency brake, to no avail.

"He never stopped running," she said. "We just went right over him."

More at: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/12/19/its_max_the_wonderdog/

cwiz24 said:
It's Max, the wonderdog
First, he sneaked out of the yard. Then he showed up on the train tracks. Then he went under the moving train.

By Mac Daniel, Globe Staff
December 19, 2006

Robin Lennon knew her five-year-old pug, Max, was a curious dog with a touch of wanderlust; the dog had disappeared from her Walpole backyard before. But when he vanished on Friday, he was not found in any of the usual places. Not the Norwood dog pound, where he'd turned up the last time, and not the blocks around her house.

"My stomach was in knots," she said.

Lennon, 44, had such a bad feeling about what might have happened that she concealed the escape from her 16-year-old daughter, Liane, fearing how much it would upset her.

Max was indeed in danger. That morning, as a commuter rail train roared into Walpole station, engineer Kym Berry saw a small dog by the side of the tracks peering at the approaching train. To her horror, the dog leapt onto the tracks and sprinted in front of the train, as though to outrun it. Berry blew the horn and slammed on the emergency brake, to no avail.

"He never stopped running," she said. "We just went right over him."

More at: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/12/19/its_max_the_wonderdog/
I saw the story on the news. Lucky little doggie :)

Poor baby. I know he was scared to death. I hope the owners will do something to ensure he doesn't escape from the yard again. Seems like something he did on a regular basis.

Such a kind man, it's clear Mr Tomassini is a natural dog owner and i hope he comes to the rescue of another lost one this season. go to the dog pound, Mr Tomassini and you will find reward beyond measure from someone who needs you! :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back