AL AL - Lee Co, BlkFem 834UFAL, 29-32, GSW, 7-Eleven smock, Nov'82

She might have been off-duty when she went missing. I searched Google News Archive Search for "missing 7-Eleven clerk" and found, sadly, several stories about clerks who had been abducted and found murdered. But the company would have likely publicized the search for a missing employee, as they did in this case of a missing clerk from Vancouver in 1979, who was unfortunately found murdered:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...56,2579809&dq=missing+7-eleven+employee&hl=en

Note the red and white smock was worn during this era.

Maybe she was missing from Georgia .. there was(is) a 7-Eleven convenience store located in Thomaston, GA which via google maps is only 1 1/2 hours drive to Lee County ...

We'll have to check elsewhere than Namus for that possibility. There are no missing black females from Georgia in Namus prior to 1985.

I just came across this Jane Doe while looking through Alabama's Doe Network listings. That 7-11 smock started turning on lightbulbs in my head, as I see it already has with fellow sleuthers. Definitely gonna keep digging at this one.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/834ufal.html
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/13161

NamUs #UP13161 Female, Black / African American
Date Body Found November 3, 1982
Location Found Lee County, Alabama
Estimated Age Range 29-32 Years
Location Alabama
County Lee County
Estimated Age Range (Years) 29-32
Estimated Year of Death 1982
Estimated PMI 6 Months
Height 5' 10"(70 inches) , Estimated (Doe Network 5'9 - 6')
Weight 140 lbs, Estimated (Doe Network 135-140lb)
Circumstances of Recovery The decedent's skeletal remains were located in rural Lee County, Alabama on November 3, 1982.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Black
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing - White bra and portion of a red/white 7-11 smock. - On the Body

Wyteria Jones, missing from IL since 1 October 1982, though falls outside the upper estimated age limit. After some recent IDs I no longer trust the Namus estimates! There is nothing but a shell record in Namus and she is not on Charley Project or Doe Network.
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/39477?nav

Just throwing another theory into the ring. What if she was a victim of domestic violence, she had managed to get away and start a new life. For that reason she kept to herself, not making many friends or acquaintances where she was living so there was nobody to notice or report her missing.

It’s true! (I’m in ga) but my nana told me a story of how a young woman disappeared and she worked at 7-11 I don’t remember the details

If you are on any Missing in GA or type FB groups or even local FB groups for your geographic area it would be really great if you could post a case summary or "are you looking for someone who went missing around *advertiser censored* date". Quite a few long term unidentified have been ID because a relative saw a FB post about their case. You can even link to this thread if you like, so more sleuthers come her to work on her case.

I have written to the Opelika-Auburn News asking if they would consider writing about this case. They reported on it at the time the remains were found.

Attachments

• AL seven eleven.jpeg
    AL seven eleven.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members