1090 users online (217 members and 873 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Exclamation FDA wants sterner pain reliever warnings

Federal health officials on Tuesday proposed sterner warning labels for acetaminophen, aspirin and ibuprofen, again cautioning millions of Americans who take the nonprescription pain relievers regularly of potentially serious side effects.

The over-the-counter drugs remain safe and effective when used as directed, the Food and Drug Administration said. However, overdoses of acetaminophen can cause serious liver damage, even death, the FDA said.

For aspirin, ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, there is a risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and kidney injury even when patients take the correct dose. The drug are linked to thousands of deaths a year. The FDA said the risk is rare when compared to the number of patients who take the drugs.

The drugs are found in hundreds of products sold to treat pain, headache and fever. Health officials worry that the wide availability of those combination products allows patients to unwittingly overdose.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061219/ap_on_bi_ge/pain_reliever_warning&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Important reminder, DK. I know I'm guilty in this regard. Thanks.

This is so true and an important message.
    Last February I came close to dying when I saw symtoms of bleediing internally after I stood up and almost passed out that morning.

I had lost a lot of blood. An endoscopy was done and they found FIVE bleeding ulcers from my over- doing aspirin.

I have several painful conditions and had been taking too much aspirin for years but my inards finally said ENOUGH!
    I now must take only presciption pain relief meds. No aspirin ever again.