Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Nacole Winter, 15, Brutally Murdered

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121806/loc_winter.shtml

A teenage Topeka girl found Thursday in an undeveloped area near Lake Shawnee was "brutally murdered," according to Topeka Police Sgt. Steve Taylor.

Police are investigating Nacole Winter's death as a homicide after her body was identified using dental records.

Winter, 15, was found at about 4 a.m. in an open field on the east side of the 4100 block of S.E. East Edge Road by Shawnee County sheriff's officers on routine patrol in the vicinity. The area is part of the Rockfire housing development, which has been annexed by the city, police said.

The Shawnee County coroner's office performed an autopsy, and dental records confirmed the girl's identity, a police spokesman said.

How horrible and such a sweet looking little girl. I read the article but I didn't see anything that said she had been reported missing. Was she only gone for a few hours before they found her body? They certainly weren't giving too much information.

This is a strange case and not much information about it. How incredibly sad. What happened to this girl? What is happening to all of these children???????

Rest in Peace Nacole.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth
    How horrible and such a sweet looking little girl. I read the article but I didn't see anything that said she had been reported missing. Was she only gone for a few hours before they found her body? They certainly weren't giving too much information.
    I noticed the same thing. Hopefully more will come out in the news.

Friends share memories of teen

Kaylee Simmons remembers talking to Nacole Winter at Hope Street Academy just days before Winter went missing. They talked about the weekend, like any other girls chatting in the halls of school.

"She was just saying stuff about the weekend and what we'd done," Simmons, 14, said Monday.

Then on Nov. 30, Winter, an eighth-grade student at Hope Street, didn't show up for school. Her parents said they filed a missing persons report with the Topeka Police Department that night.

On Dec. 14, the 15-year-old was found dead near Lake Shawnee.

Maj. John Sidwell said Monday that no further information was available about what the department called a brutal murder. Police wouldn't confirm early reports that Winter's body was partially burned but did say that dental records were used to identify her body.

more at link:
    http://www.cjonline.com/stories/1219...lewinter.shtml

Sources says her body was burned from the waist down, and her family wants answers. Nacole's family can't have her home for Christmas, but say the best present would be putting the killer behind bars.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/4952512.html

http://ww2.wibw.com/global/video/pop...l&rnd=87369569

Video link: Nacole's Family Speaks Out

How horrible and heartbraking. She was only 14 years old. I hope they find who did this to her. I've only been on this forum for a few days; but, boy have I, "seen" a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    How horrible and heartbraking. She was only 14 years old. I hope they find who did this to her. I've only been on this forum for a few days; but, boy have I, "seen" a lot.
    Welcome to the forum, LionRun.

I hope they catch whoever did this, too. If it is true that she was burned from the waist down, it sounds like she was possibly raped and they did this to destroy DNA evidence.

Thank you SewingDeb. That's a good point. Someone may have wanted to destroy any DNA.

The sister has a point, in her interview. Why don't these people just let them go? MANY girls don't report a rape, and if the guy would just use a condom and a wig or something - you have less of a chance of getting caught if you just LET THEM GO.

Same age as my daughter. :-(
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    The sister has a point, in her interview. Why don't these people just let them go? MANY girls don't report a rape, and if the guy would just use a condom and a wig or something - you have less of a chance of getting caught if you just LET THEM GO.

Same age as my daughter. :-(

You're right that many never report a rape. Her sister speaking just broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    You're right that many never report a rape. Her sister speaking just broke my heart.
    What I also don't understand, is there are a bunch of free websites where women advertise to have sex with men - like online dating for hussies - so they could have sex for free if that is what they wanted. If they wanted to HURT someone with sex - darned if they don't have FREE websites for that too.

Maybe we should give every perv a computer, and tell them where to find each other.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Good idea, Glitch.

Rape is rarely ever about sex - it is about power, control and degrading the victim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast