KS - Nacole Winter, 15, raped & murdered, Topeka, 11 Dec 2006

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121806/loc_winter.shtml

A teenage Topeka girl found Thursday in an undeveloped area near Lake Shawnee was "brutally murdered," according to Topeka Police Sgt. Steve Taylor.

Police are investigating Nacole Winter's death as a homicide after her body was identified using dental records.

Winter, 15, was found at about 4 a.m. in an open field on the east side of the 4100 block of S.E. East Edge Road by Shawnee County sheriff's officers on routine patrol in the vicinity. The area is part of the Rockfire housing development, which has been annexed by the city, police said.

The Shawnee County coroner's office performed an autopsy, and dental records confirmed the girl's identity, a police spokesman said.

How horrible and such a sweet looking little girl. I read the article but I didn't see anything that said she had been reported missing. Was she only gone for a few hours before they found her body? They certainly weren't giving too much information.

This is a strange case and not much information about it. How incredibly sad. What happened to this girl? What is happening to all of these children???????

Rest in Peace Nacole.

lizzybeth said:
How horrible and such a sweet looking little girl. I read the article but I didn't see anything that said she had been reported missing. Was she only gone for a few hours before they found her body? They certainly weren't giving too much information.

I noticed the same thing. Hopefully more will come out in the news.

Friends share memories of teen

Kaylee Simmons remembers talking to Nacole Winter at Hope Street Academy just days before Winter went missing. They talked about the weekend, like any other girls chatting in the halls of school.

"She was just saying stuff about the weekend and what we'd done," Simmons, 14, said Monday.

Then on Nov. 30, Winter, an eighth-grade student at Hope Street, didn't show up for school. Her parents said they filed a missing persons report with the Topeka Police Department that night.

On Dec. 14, the 15-year-old was found dead near Lake Shawnee.

Maj. John Sidwell said Monday that no further information was available about what the department called a brutal murder. Police wouldn't confirm early reports that Winter's body was partially burned but did say that dental records were used to identify her body.

more at link:
http://www.cjonline.com/stories/121906/loc_nacolewinter.shtml

How horrible and heartbraking. She was only 14 years old. I hope they find who did this to her. I've only been on this forum for a few days; but, boy have I, "seen" a lot.

LionRun said:
How horrible and heartbraking. She was only 14 years old. I hope they find who did this to her. I've only been on this forum for a few days; but, boy have I, "seen" a lot.

Welcome to the forum, LionRun.

I hope they catch whoever did this, too. If it is true that she was burned from the waist down, it sounds like she was possibly raped and they did this to destroy DNA evidence.

Thank you SewingDeb. That's a good point. Someone may have wanted to destroy any DNA.

The sister has a point, in her interview. Why don't these people just let them go? MANY girls don't report a rape, and if the guy would just use a condom and a wig or something - you have less of a chance of getting caught if you just LET THEM GO.

Same age as my daughter. :-(

GlitchWizard said:
The sister has a point, in her interview. Why don't these people just let them go? MANY girls don't report a rape, and if the guy would just use a condom and a wig or something - you have less of a chance of getting caught if you just LET THEM GO.

Same age as my daughter. :-(

You're right that many never report a rape. Her sister speaking just broke my heart.

SewingDeb said:
You're right that many never report a rape. Her sister speaking just broke my heart.
What I also don't understand, is there are a bunch of free websites where women advertise to have sex with men - like online dating for hussies - so they could have sex for free if that is what they wanted. If they wanted to HURT someone with sex - darned if they don't have FREE websites for that too.

Maybe we should give every perv a computer, and tell them where to find each other.

Rape is rarely ever about sex - it is about power, control and degrading the victim.

Masterj said:
Rape is rarely ever about sex - it is about power, control and degrading the victim.
That is why I said there are websites for that, too. (Recall, I'm into the whole bdsm thing.) There are extremes where women WANT to be controlled and degraded. Seems to me, unless the person is into murder, specifically, there are other options to get what they want, without killing in addition.

Not condoning what they are doing, of course, but if they can find a consensual party to outlet on - that's always good.

I don't know why but I have the feeling that whoever did this was around her age. Maybe more then one peer? It just reminds me that nobody is safe, especially girls and women.Every women should own a gun! JMO

What a pretty little girl and she does look like she was a sweet girl too. I wonder what in the world happened? Her parents reported her missing on Nov 30th. We didn't hear anything about this girl did we?

I agree Deb about why she was burnt from the waist down. I feel so bad for her parents...not just for their loss but for the things that were done to their girl. That is a hard thing to live with. Having a child murdered is bad enough but burned......I hope and pray that she was already dead when that happened.

I wonder if this young girl had a boyfriend or if anyone had been bothering her before she went missing. I also wonder if she went missing from her home or if someone saw her ready and leaving for school. The article didn't give much info at all.

Hopfully the monster that did this crime will be caught and this won't drag on for months and years.

Bobbisangel said:
What a pretty little girl and she does look like she was a sweet girl too. I wonder what in the world happened? Her parents reported her missing on Nov 30th. We didn't hear anything about this girl did we?

I agree Deb about why she was burnt from the waist down. I feel so bad for her parents...not just for their loss but for the things that were done to their girl. That is a hard thing to live with. Having a child murdered is bad enough but burned......I hope and pray that she was already dead when that happened.

I wonder if this young girl had a boyfriend or if anyone had been bothering her before she went missing. I also wonder if she went missing from her home or if someone saw her ready and leaving for school. The article didn't give much info at all.

Hopfully the monster that did this crime will be caught and this won't drag on for months and years.

No, Bobbi, we didn't hear anything early on. I didn't see this until her body was identified. My heart goes out to her family.

CJOnline link from above says:

Winter had been reported missing on Nov. 30, when Unified School District 501 officials said she left without permission from Hope Street Academy Charter Middle School, 1900 S.W. Hope, where she was in the eighth grade.

I wonder who else left school without permission that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back