UK - Alex, 54, & Maureen Cochrane, 45, die in arson fire, Manchester, 12 Jan 2006

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Beyond the beyond:

A teenage bully and her parents have been jailed for killing the mother and father of a girl she was tormenting.
Natalie Connor, 18, plotted with parents Michael and Jane Connor, to pour petrol through the letterbox of Lucy Cochrane's house in Manchester.

Michael Connor set the home alight, killing Maureen and Alex Cochrane.

Connor and his wife, both 40, were jailed for a minimum of 32 years each for the murders. Natalie was jailed for 11 years.

She was cleared of murder, but convicted of manslaughter, grievous bodily harm and arson.

Mrs Cochrane died in the fire and her husband, Alex, died in hospital

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6197809.stm

This family are unspeakabe, IMO.

If only police had taken action 5 days earlier. :(

In a Victim Impact Statement, her grandfather Thomas Williams criticised police for not taking action against the Connors after an incident just five days before the fatal attack.

Police were called after liquid, believed to be petrol, was discovered on his daughter's front door - but no officer attended.

Instead, the family was promised CCTV cameras and told that police would seek Asbos against the Connors.

Mr Williams said the victims would still be alive but for the "neglect and dereliction of duty" by the police officer involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6178909.stm

2sisters said:
OMG, what pshycos.
My thoughts exactly!! What the h*ll is wrong with people, that they would do something like this??????

Waterlily said:
My thoughts exactly!! What the h*ll is wrong with people, that they would do something like this??????

I don't class them as human.

the daughter only gets 11 years. she'll be out in good time to breed. :(

Floh said:
Now there's a pleasing thought. It's a shame that people like this can't be neutered as part of their prison sentence!

I have always believed that kids who bully are mimicking their parents and this case is a prime example. What freaks!

Floh said:

My thoughts exactly. Beyond disraceful. Beyond twisted.

What a disturbing story!! It also mentions the grandmother being sentenced to 18 months.... I can not understand why the daughter should get a lesser sentence, I hate to think what she'll be out doing when she gets released!!

VB

This is just unbelievable! What in the world did those parents ever do to the set of murdering parents and their daughter? Why did they think they had the right to do that to them? It's just horrible.

I agree that the girl should have gotten much longer then 11 years. That isn't long at all. Didn't she start the whole thing and got her parents involved?
Not that they didn't jump right in there...they were all bullys. That is pretty sad when the whole family commits this type of a crime together.

Bobbisangel said:
This is just unbelievable! What in the world did those parents ever do to the set of murdering parents and their daughter? Why did they think they had the right to do that to them? It's just horrible.

I agree that the girl should have gotten much longer then 11 years. That isn't long at all. Didn't she start the whole thing and got her parents involved?
Not that they didn't jump right in there...they were all bullys. That is pretty sad when the whole family commits this type of a crime together.
**insert sarcasm**

Wonder if her parents said "she's a good kid".

It's one thing to ignore something your kid does to another, bullying, and pretend your kid's an angel who can do no wrong....but to be in on an act of arson which kills the bully victims parents is just.....actually I can't even think of a word that describes how reading this makes me feel!

A pyre and a few stakes come to mind for this murderous bunch of misfits.

Floh said:

lol :clap: what a riot!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads