Insurance

popcorn

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
It seems according to Patsy there was an aura of protection around JonBenet that prevented any harm form accidently coming her way.

TH: Maybe there was an accident?
PR: No, never.
TH: Could there have been an accident?
PR: (Shaking head)
TH: Could John have accidentally bumped, pushed, struck JonBenet?
PR: No. No. Not as far as I know.
TH: Not within the realm of possibility?
PR: Not even in the worst….

TH: And why is that? What would make him different from some other nine or 10-year-old?
PR: Because he was not raised in a family of violence. We are a very loving family.
TH: Could it have been an accident?
PR: I - don’t know.
TH: Well you and I don’t know because we weren’t there?
PR: Right.
TH: So you don’t think it could have been, he could have pushed her down the stairs?
PR: Burke Ramsey did not so this okay? He did not do this. Get off it.
TH: How do you know that, though? I mean have you talked to him about it?
PR: Yes, we are going to find out who did this to JonBenet. Doctors say that he’s handling this the way a child copes best with the death of a very close family member. I doubt that a 9-10 year old child could harbor such a thing for a year and a half.
TH: And you say they were very close?
PR: They were very close.
TH: Okay. Did they ever have little squabbles, did they ever fight?
PR: Maybe she would step on his Legos, he would be unhappy.
TH: But that was it?
PR: Or you know, no violence….
TH: He wouldn’t chase after her, “JonBenet, I am going to”-
PR: No way…

Are we supposed to believe Burke just made a frownie face at JonBenet as a signal he was unhappy with her? What about the golf club incident? If anything the type of passive behavoir Patsy wants us to believe exisited would be the most explosive. I know no families where the siblings do not bicker, physically and verbally, that is the norm. Apparently Patsy says no way to an accident at John's hands but only answers "I - don't know" regards Burke.

I think parents in general and a mother who sees their interactions on a regular basis, in particular, can say whether or not a kid will resort to violence when provoked.

She doesn't just say "I don't know." She also says "Burke Ramsey did not so this okay? He did not do this. Get off it."

Right, and the kid's not violent except when he smacks his sister upside the face with a golf club. Hey, everyone has a bad day now and then. Maybe she tripped and her face landed on the golf club. Don't go there, pal.

My recollection is that was an accident. Do you have a source that it wasn't?

tipper said:
My recollection is that was an accident.
Maybe it was. (Where is that source, by the way?) If so, what kind of accident? The "face colliding with fist" variety? And how do we know there wasn't a similar "accident" the night JB was killed?

was an accident....Burke was swinging the club and clipped JBR. If Burke was prone to violence there would have been alot more incidences.

As a tribute to JonBenet a few years or so ago, there was a piece in a tabloid (I think the NE) written by Judith Phillips' daughter (probably ghost written, imo), who, although older than JonBenet, was a friend of hers and used to play with her. She recounted how she and JonBenet sometimes teased Burke while he was playing video games. She said that on at least one occasion, Burke grew so angry at them that he chased them. The girls ran into a bathroom and locked the door behind them, leaving Burke outside, pounding on the door with his fists. I wonder what Burke would have done to them had they not made it into the bathroom in time...maybe accidentally clobbered them?

Maikai said:
was an accident....Burke was swinging the club and clipped JBR. If Burke was prone to violence there would have been alot more incidences.
I agree.

From ST's book:
In the summer of 1994 JonBenét was accidentally hit on the left cheek by a golf club swung by her brother, Burke, and her mother rushed the child to see a plastic surgeon, who thought Patsy was overreacting.

Thomas also thinks JB died as the result of an "accident" - an accident aka unintentional injury that led to staging that killed her.

Perhaps if that accidental golf club incident had caused a more severe injury, it too would have led to staging and death.

But Tipper, I thought Thomas was, according to Ramsey supporters, a self-serving Patsy-hanging information-spinning member of the lynch mob (though not a BDI theorist, so maybe his characterization of the golf club mishap is spun). What makes him a quotable source in this instance?

tipper said:
I agree.

From ST's book:
In the summer of 1994 JonBenét was accidentally hit on the left cheek by a golf club swung by her brother, Burke, and her mother rushed the child to see a plastic surgeon, who thought Patsy was overreacting.

If you read the NE transcripts, Patsy says JonBenet was not only hit on the cheek with the club, but also her leg. There is no swing stance or normal manner of using a golf club I am familiar with which would allow for the club's head to swing and hit a child's leg, then swing away and then back again to a higher vertical location to hit her cheek, or vice versa.

tipper said:
I agree.

From ST's book:

What's wrong with the above?

Has anyone here, after their child has been hurt or injured ever rushed their child to a PLASTIC SURGEON????????????????????????????

Don't average parents rush their children to an ER?

:waitasec: ???????????????????

How sick is that????!!!!!!

why_nutt said:
If you read the NE transcripts, Patsy says JonBenet was not only hit on the cheek with the club, but also her leg. There is no swing stance or normal manner of using a golf club I am familiar with which would allow for the club's head to swing and hit a child's leg, then swing away and then back again to a higher vertical location to hit her cheek, or vice versa.

I remember reading about that leg injury. I thought it was a seperate incident, I'm sure we'll never know. Thinking back I remember something about a hamster cage 'falling' on JonBenet. Also was there a time she 'fell' and hurt her lip in the grocery store?

From those Bonita papers or notes the reference was Burke had motor skill problems, as in he was a klutz and perhaps accident prone.

Toth said:
I believe she was rushed to her pediatrician.

JonBenet had no pediatrician in Charlevoix, where the golf-club incident took place. The family had no regular doctors there at all, which is why, when Patsy wanted one in Charlevoix before she knew she had cancer, she used the emergency-room facilities at the Charlevoix Area Hospital.

What do you think the parents would say to the ER doctor? I'm sure they are going to say its an accident, not an angry brother taking a swing at his sister with a golf club. The fact is we just don't know if the incident was a accident or not, we just have the parents word for it. But when this same little girl ends up dead in her home after another blow to the head I think there is reason to at least question the first incident.

Speaking of explaining to an ER doc, I think the R's didn't call for help for JB because they couldn't explain the vaginal injuries.

Imon128 said:
Speaking of explaining to an ER doc, I think the R's didn't call for help for JB because they couldn't explain the vaginal injuries.

Exactly! IMHO the R's book "The Death of Innocence: Jonbenets Parents Tell Their Story" is a CONFESSION OF THEIR "DEATH OF INNOCENCE" because they KNEW THEY HAD "ABUSED THAT CHILD"(JonBenet)!!! :furious:

Barbara said:
What's wrong with the above?

Has anyone here, after their child has been hurt or injured ever rushed their child to a PLASTIC SURGEON????????????????????????????

Don't average parents rush their children to an ER?

:waitasec: ???????????????????

How sick is that????!!!!!!

Not sure how sick it is but it's not something I would do as an average "loving MOM"; Hum I do agree...IMHO something is wrong w/that picture AND I do have EYES to see this!!! :eek:

Q: Okay. What about any injuries, any major injuries to JonBenet?
A: Burke hit her in the face with a golf club one time, and the leg....
Q: Any stitches or anything like that?
A: No it was just kind of a skin abrasion, she had a little scar, a little teensy little scar there, but it just kind of squashed the skin up...she had a black eye....

Anyone know more about that black eye? Was that from the golf club swing? It definitely sounds like there either was a seperate leg injury or Burke really went after her swinging.

1. golf club in face
2. mystery leg injury
3. black eye
4. the hamster cage and arm bruises
5. the big one on the 25th

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads