John Ramsey on LKL on Wednesday night

Zelda

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is very difficult for me to think of John Ramsey as the killer when he appears so intelligent and well-mannered in an interview. It will soon be the 10th anniversary of Jon-Benet's murder. John Ramsey has lost a child and a wife, and his daughter Beth who was killed in an accident earlier.
Sometimes when I read the posts on this forum I am convinced Patsy killed her daughter and John helped cover it up. But something makes me doubt it, particularly when I see the soft spoken, sincere father on tv.

I remeber the day I first saw the report with JBR's picture on a local newstation in Texas. I followed this story off and on, like many, for all this time. I may be opening a can of worms with snakes to follow, not meaning to of course. But, I never believed John or Patsy had anything to do with their daughter's murder. Deep in my gutt, despite all that Iive read and seen about the case, in the core of my soul it doesn't fit.

I had the same gutt feelings, in reverse, concerning Scott Peterson and Mark Hacking. There are unfortunately many cases where a, "seemingly" loving, stable mother and or father killed his or her own child or children. I just have never believed that The Ramsey case is among them.

Zelda said:
It is very difficult for me to think of John Ramsey as the killer when he appears so intelligent and well-mannered in an interview. It will soon be the 10th anniversary of Jon-Benet's murder. John Ramsey has lost a child and a wife, and his daughter Beth who was killed in an accident earlier.
Sometimes when I read the posts on this forum I am convinced Patsy killed her daughter and John helped cover it up. But something makes me doubt it, particularly when I see the soft spoken, sincere father on tv.
IMO,he's anything but sincere.That's just what he wants the public to think.How sincere is it when he points the finger at innocent ppl,even almost ALL his former friends.Not to mention,he should be ANYTHING but polite in an interview ...it's been 10 yrs since JB was murdered..he should be MAD AS HELL! He would be using his media time wisely to push for finding the killer,if he didn't know who it was.
Notwithstanding evidence alone,there are at least 4 things right off the bat the R's would have done had they not been guilty.One is they would have been careful about getting police to the house that morning,having them be inconspicuous.Two is they would have been ripping that house apart,to the point of turning it upside down and shaking it,had they not known where JB was.They would have used the friends (inconspicuously) to organize a search party,not called them over to sit around the house ! Most parents would have found the body in an hour or less,had it been their house.But 7 hrs??? Gimme a break....
Third thing is...when JB's body was found,I believe PR would have been clinging to her,to the point of having to have someone pry her off,had they not already known she was dead.As it stands...they not only did not cling to her ...JR made plans less than 30 mins later to leave the state !!
Fourth thing...at least one of them,likely JR, would have accompanied her body to the morgue.As it stood....she made that trip alone. :( That does not ring true of innocent parents! In fact it flat out says "GUILTY AS HELL".When someone close to you dies,you want to do all you can for them,all that's left that you can still do ! Now please don't use the old excuse of 'there isn't a script in that scenerio' ...there isnt, BUT...there sure are things that set off the alarms of suspicious behavior,and the Ramseys certainly set all of them off that morning,not to mention beyond and up until this very day.
Not to even mention that stupid ,inept ,so-called "ransom note" that was obviously written by right-handed Patsy,using her left hand.And that's just the beginning of the mtn of evidence against them.And btw....Scott Peterson was convicted on a heck of a lot LESS evidence!

IMO,he's anything but sincere.That's just what he wants the public to think.How sincere is it when he points the finger at innocent ppl,even almost ALL his former friends.Not to mention,he should be ANYTHING but polite in an interview ...it's been 10 yrs since JB was murdered..he should be MAD AS HELL! He would be using his media time wisely to push for finding the killer,if he didn't know who it was.
Notwithstanding evidence alone,there are at least 4 things right off the bat the R's would have done had they not been guilty.One is they would have been careful about getting police to the house that morning,having them be inconspicuous.Two is they would have been ripping that house apart,to the point of turning it upside down and shaking it,had they not known where JB was.They would have used the friends (inconspicuously) to organize a search party,not called them over to sit around the house ! Most parents would have found the body in an hour or less,had it been their house.But 7 hrs??? Gimme a break....
Third thing is...when JB's body was found,I believe PR would have been clinging to her,to the point of having to have someone pry her off,had they not already known she was dead.As it stands...they not only did not cling to her ...JR made plans less than 30 mins later to leave the state !!
Fourth thing...at least one of them,likely JR, would have accompanied her body to the morgue.As it stood....she made that trip alone. That does not ring true of innocent parents! In fact it flat out says "GUILTY AS HELL".When someone close to you dies,you want to do all you can for them,all that's left that you can still do ! Now please don't use the old excuse of 'there isn't a script in that scenerio' ...there isnt, BUT...there sure are things that set off the alarms of suspicious behavior,and the Ramseys certainly set all of them off that morning,not to mention beyond and up until this very day.
Not to even mention that stupid ,inept ,so-called "ransom note" that was obviously written by right-handed Patsy,using her left hand.And that's just the beginning of the mtn of evidence against them.And btw....Scott Peterson was convicted on a heck of a lot LESS evidence!

That's about how I'd say it.

My gut has never told me a thing about this case. The evidence tells me the parents are involved (one or both).

I guess central casting didn't do a good job here. If they lived in a trailer, and JR had a 3 day stuble all the time, and wore a T-shirt, and PR had a fe-mullet and a can of beer in her hand, then everyone would assume they are guilty.

It's always hard to think a parent could do something so gruesome to their own flesh and blood, but, sadly, it happens. I could sit here and type names for an hour of the parents that have injured and killed their kids, but, I am sure you all know the names by heart. I am too jaded and too tired at this point to waste any energy on anything JR has to say. It's all been said before. Both of those people, JR and PR, should have made it their life's mission to find who did this to their precious baby girl. Ah...but, they already know.....no reason to draw more attention to the obvious forensic facts.

I am not a vindictive person, but I hope every night when JR closes his eyes, and every night until she died that PR closed her eyes, that they saw their daughter's face, and relived every second of her last moments. Hell on earth is good enough for him.....God is forgiving, and I am sure PR begged for forgiveness in her own heart, she died at peace. After all, she had completely convinced herself that it all happened for a reason.
Sorry to ramble on.....and these things are strictly my observations and opinions. I have become too engrossed the past few months with this case, and that is my fault, but, I am just to the point of being sick of it all.
As it has been stated on this forum many times...if these parents were living middle to lower class lives....this would be classified in the "trials" section.
In the meantime, all I can think about is that tiny little face with huge beautiful eyes and a 1000 watt smile. What a beauty she would have been by now. What a waste of lovely child.

santos1014 said:
I am not a vindictive person, but I hope every night when JR closes his eyes, and every night until she died that PR closed her eyes, that they saw their daughter's face, and relived every second of her last moments. Hell on earth is good enough for him.....God is forgiving, and I am sure PR begged for forgiveness in her own heart, she died at peace. After all, she had completely convinced herself that it all happened for a reason.

In the meantime, all I can think about is that tiny little face with huge beautiful eyes and a 1000 watt smile. What a beauty she would have been by now. What a waste of lovely child.
well-said. :)

I don't know for a fact who killed JonBenet or if other people helped in a cover up. I've gone back and forth in thinking if the Ramseys are guilty. Some days I think they must be guilty because that makes the most sense, other days I want to think they're not guilty because of not wanting to believe parents could do that to their child. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm guilty of letting my own emotions get in the way.

As far as how JR appeared in the interview, I do know people are fooled, tricked and cheated every day by someone who is able to hide their true self.

VB

John Ramsey is on a publicity campaign...why I don't know. It's one sided, of course, and the media is starting a backlash against the lies told by John on tv....lies as the dna is an artifact and not conclusive, the cops ONLY investigated John and Patsy and so on....

Perhaps the law suit settlement money has dried up and John is trying to bait someone, so he can sue again for money?

Been years since John had a real job...and heck Woody needs the work.

What strikes me the most is there is one common denominator in all of the R's actions and behavior... they are PASSIVE.There is just no way in heck an innocent parent of a murdered child would act so casual.The parents would be SPITTING FIRE out of their mouths and trying like heck to find the killer,by appealing to the public and helping LE in any way they could,as well as continuing an investigation of their own.(Including reading autopsy reports!)
I forgot to add the biggest thing the R's did that showed their guilt...they didn't submit to an interrogation for 4 months !! They could have at least went down to LE and gave a written statement of the events of that morning, asap.

Zelda said:
Zelda, I understand completely where you are coming from. I saw him on LKL the other night and I said to my son - does this man come off likable or what - does he look sincere, or what. He really does. No one could believe that he and Patsy would tie a garrotte around their own daughter's neck. It is inconceivable. And he almost has me except for this. He lies. He lies on every single show I have seen him on - he lies that he was never asked to take a lie detector test. He was most certainly asked and it is right there in the interviews - he was asked by Lockheed (the company that took over his company) to take a lie detector test also, he refused.

When he is asked by LKing why he hired lawyers so quickly, he does not answer that. He says "Larry we also hired some of the best investigators in the country". That is an example of how evades the question.

What I find shocking about John Ramsey is that he does not keep a low profile. He and Patsy kept a very well-known profile and I think that is one of the reasons people have a hard time believing they are innocent.

I cannot convince you in one post. You really have to read all the evidence. It points squarely to Patsy. I think John was involved because I think Patsy was involved and he would have to know something. I also believe he went immediately to the body when asked by Det. Arndt to look again. Parents who are killers ALWAYS find the body for the police.

One more thing, Katie Couric asked Patsy about the fibers found on JonBenet and she said well they probably got there when I hugged her body when she was brought up from the basement. BUT, and of course Katie did not pursue this, BUT, the tape that was around JonBenet's mouth was LEFT downstairs. John had pulled it off and it had fibers from PATSY's sweater on it.

I just believe she did it and he helped her later on.

It is very difficult for me to think of John Ramsey as the killer when he appears so intelligent and well-mannered in an interview.

The Emperor in "Star Wars" was intelligent and well-mannered too, Zelda. Evil wears many pretty masks. The mask of righteousness is the most dangerous one.

The reason they hired the best investigators and lawyers was to keep their sorry behinds out of jail! I notice he didn't add that to his answer.

I agree with Show Me, he's on a publicity campaign. He obviously wants the world to know he's free of Patsy now, and he's moving on. After all, JBR's murder was just a little bump in the road for him. Patsy's death only took 9 years and almost 6 months, so that was a little bigger bump in the road for JR. He lies just about everytime he opens his mouth. He doesn't have Patsy to help him keep their collective lies straight.

Any bets on when Wife #3 will be walking down the aisle?

the original tez said:
Any bets on when Wife #3 will be walking down the aisle?
My guess is he'll probably wait the standard 1 year for grieving,(so to speak in this case).He knows it'll be big news and it would look bad on him to get married again too soon after PR's death.
I can't imagine what kind of woman would want to marry him.

JMO8778 said:
I can't imagine what kind of woman would want to marry him.
Neither can I. His next wife, if there is one, will probably be someone who has lost a bet.

-Tea

SuperDave said:
The Emperor in "Star Wars" was intelligent and well-mannered too, Zelda. Evil wears many pretty masks. The mask of righteousness is the most dangerous one.
Very well said, Dave.
Zelda: Jeffrey MacDonald for example, who butchered his whole family, was intelligent and well-mannered too. A Princeton-educated doctor, who in his high school days had already been voted 'most popular' and 'most likely to succeed'.
Even Ted Bundy was a real nice guy in public.
Famous true crime author Ann Rule (whose co-worker Bundy was) said that she for a long time refused to believe he might be the serial killer.

Trying to look behind the mask of righteousness is an integral part of studying true crime cases.

The reason they hired the best investigators and lawyers was to keep their sorry behinds out of jail! I notice he didn't add that to his answer.

It's in his depo. Can't escape it.

Zelda I understand both John and Patsy are charismatic people and do well in the spotlight...but would you...

...call over your a BUNCH of your friends when a MONITORING kidnapper who had your daughter and threatened to behead her if you so much as talked to a stray dog? At least 4 cars in the driveway! Did John think the kidnapper was joking?

Ignore a STRANGE van in the alley and not ask the cops to check out the STRANGE van for monitoring kidnappers?

Shut a window partially open while looking for clues on how the kidnapper entered the house....oh yeah and forget to tell the cops???

Turn your friends and former co-workers in as suspects where they are polygraphed, interrigated and then refuse to do the same yourself?

Then write a book naming innocent people (real names) and cast suspicion on these people all to make money...'cause guess what I bought the book DOI and the JonBenet Ramsey foundation was going to make a ton of money on the book....then John and Patsy would get what was left over.

Well the foundation gave some money to the Ramsey's church and then to the Ramsey's kids summer camp and bought computer equipment but it never, ever supported money to change child murder laws, help other children or anything else John bragged about years ago on TV.

John and Patsy are/were very IMAGE minded.

Why they hired a PR firm only weeks after the murder!

Went on CNN, LKL, morning talk shows and PROMISED to do ANYTHING to help find the killers of their daughter EXCEPT take a police lie dectector test or cooperate with the police to clear their names.

John and Patsy left a lot of people damage and didn't care one bit...only John and Patsy mattered and that child was like an afterthought. John and Patsy's 'comfort' level came first. Klass was incredible the Ramseys would not do what HE did when his child was kidnapped....and yes the 'kidnappers' of JonBenet FORGOT to take the body!!!!

Sorry to spew...John and Patsy appeared to do the OPPOSITE of what parents of kidnapped and murdered children do.

rashomon said:
Very well said, Dave.
Zelda: Jeffrey MacDonald for example, who butchered his whole family, was intelligent and well-mannered too. A Princeton-educated doctor, who in his high school days had already been voted 'most popular' and 'most likely to succeed'.
Even Ted Bundy was a real nice guy in public.
Famous true crime author Ann Rule (whose co-worker Bundy was) said that she for a long time refused to believe he might be the serial killer.

Trying to look behind the mask of righteousness is an integral part of studying true crime cases.

Your post helped me to realize that seemingly 'normal' people could be guilty.
We've discussed many, the latest being Scott Peterson. And Kristen Rossum who killed her husband with poison from the lab where she worked.
Thanks for the advice -- 'mask of righteousnes' is a good description!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back