Woman with 2 wombs, 3 babies

I was born with two uteruses - two cervics - two vaginas - and one kidney.

I was told that it would be possible to get pregnant in both at separate times. Say for instance a month apart....sheesh! Now that I am wiser to the ways of the world - I am so glad every thing turned out the way it did. I was never able to conceive but I have done OK except for a kidney problem occasionally. It lays across the lower middle of my back and there are times when my back aches so bad I have to lay down. Other than that I do fine.

Wow Gidgette! That is amazing. I guess if your tubes connect to the wombs an egg could, in theory, be fetilized? It is mind boggling to think about.

I suppose there has been babies born from different wombs before but not identical twins and a single. I wonder if the womans single child was a boy or girl. Also, I wonder if women who have multible births from one womb can have triplets with 2 being identical and one not. I guess it would be possible. I have never heard of it happening.
It would be very confusing to explain how your twin sisters are also your twin but they are identical.

:HappyBday

to the babies!

There was a story similar to this one in Ina May Gaskin's Spiritual Midwifery. The woman had had babies from both uteruses (uteri?) but not both at once as I recall... Before that, I'd never heard of anything like it.

hipmamajen said:

to the babies!

There was a story similar to this one in Ina May Gaskin's Spiritual Midwifery. The woman had had babies from both uteruses (uteri?) but not both at once as I recall... Before that, I'd never heard of anything like it.

I love it!!! :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday

Gidgette said:
I love it!!! :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday
God Bless her and the babies!:) This is so very unique and wonderful.

Happy Holidays

Gozgals

Gidgette said:
I was born with two uteruses - two cervics - two vaginas - and one kidney.

I was told that it would be possible to get pregnant in both at separate times. Say for instance a month apart....sheesh! Now that I am wiser to the ways of the world - I am so glad every thing turned out the way it did. I was never able to conceive but I have done OK except for a kidney problem occasionally. It lays across the lower middle of my back and there are times when my back aches so bad I have to lay down. Other than that I do fine.
Your story is amazing!!!! Two cervixes and vaginas now i have to research!!!!!

Becba said:
Wow Gidgette! That is amazing. I guess if your tubes connect to the wombs an egg could, in theory, be fetilized? It is mind boggling to think about.

I suppose there has been babies born from different wombs before but not identical twins and a single. I wonder if the womans single child was a boy or girl. Also, I wonder if women who have multible births from one womb can have triplets with 2 being identical and one not. I guess it would be possible. I have never heard of it happening.
It would be very confusing to explain how your twin sisters are also your twin but they are identical.
I think this actually can happen with multiple births..

Like 2 eggs are fertilized and then one splits creating identicals.

Indy Gal said:
Your story is amazing!!!! Two cervixes and vaginas now i have to research!!!!!
I have the book "The Twelfth Of Never", about the Betty Broderick story (excellent book). It was written by Bella Stumbo.

In it I read Betty was born with two vaginas and uteruses also. Doctors "eliminated" one of the vaginas but left the rest intact. She ended up giving birth 5 times, all by c- section. One of the 5 died shortly after birth.

She became pregnant very easily and was pregnant 9 times in the first ten years of their marriage before she finally got her tubes tied. Besides the 5 births, she had 3 miscarriages and one abortion.

This subject reminded me of that about her.

Montana16 - THAT is exactly the reason I am so glad I was never able to get pregnant...now!!! :crazy: At the time it was pretty devastating but in later years we adopted two children.

My situation is my "extras" were all internal and nothing known until they decided to do a hysterectomy when I was 29 y/o. The proposed 1-1/2 hour surgery turned into a 4 hour surgery and had my DH in a panic. Back then I was told that it was a rare occasion and the doc would write an article...but without the conveniences of the Internet I have no idea if he ever did or not.

As my husband also had his medical problems - I guess we were just meant to be together. Yesterday we celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary. So don't feel bad for me...j/k :woohoo:

Thanks also for the book information. I am going to see if I can find it.

Gidgette said:
As my husband also had his medical problems - I guess we were just meant to be together. Yesterday we celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary.
Congratulations!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back