1281 users online (231 members and 1050 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

James Brown has passed away

Wow. I just read earlier tonight about him being sick, but as of 1:45am he died.

ATLANTA — James Brown, the dynamic, pompadoured "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a founder of rap, funk and disco as well, died early Monday, his agent said. He was 73.

Brown was hospitalized with pneumonia at Emory Crawford Long Hospital on Sunday and died around 1:45 a.m. Monday, said his agent, Frank Copsidas of Intrigue Music. Longtime friend Charles Bobbit was by his side, he said.

Copsidas said Brown's family was being notified of his death and that the cause was still uncertain. "We really don't know at this point what he died of," he said.

Along with Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan and a handful of others, Brown was one of the major musical influences of the past 50 years. At least one generation idolized him, and sometimes openly copied him. His rapid-footed dancing inspired Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson among others. Songs such as David Bowie's "Fame," Prince's "Kiss," George Clinton's "Atomic Dog" and Sly and the Family Stone's "Sing a Simple Song" were clearly based on Brown's rhythms and vocal style.

If Brown's claim to the invention of soul can be challenged by fans of Ray Charles and Sam Cooke, then his rights to the genres of rap, disco and funk are beyond question. He was to rhythm and dance music what Dylan was to lyrics: the unchallenged popular innovator.

(more at link)
    http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Dec...Brown,00.html#

Unhappy Singer James Brown Dies.

I just heard it on the top of the hour national news. All I know is he was very ill with pnumonia. He was 73.

He had his ups and downs in his personal life. but no doubt about it, he was one of the best singers-enterainers ever.

I can't believe he's gone.

Sad Christmas present for his family.

R.I.P. James.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Sad Christmas present for his family.

R.I.P. James.
    You're right Floh, somehow it seems harder to lose someone this time of year.
    Especially right on Christmas morning.

Unhappy

"The hardest working man in show business" finally caught up with him. But , damn, he had some great music.

Terrible time of year to die. His family will never think of Christmas the same again.

Thats so sad..........God rest his soul

Damn....he sure changed the music world in my day...I can never stay in a bad mood when I hear "I feeeeeeeel good..so good..."

So sorry to hear this--He was a great singer and his legacy will live long after him--R.I.P. James Brown-- World Without End Amen

Extra sad on Christmas....RIP!!

RIP James!!!!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

for the life of me...i can't believe

wow, everything takes too long....lol

i had to find the "NO Caps"

lol

where is time taking me?.......where is time taking you?
    ...i don't mind being blind, if you don't........

pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain...ok?

hey, with a glass pretty handy

have a drink on me

good god, it took me forever to type that aboe?

make a noise

Ummmm....CE....

Exactly what are you imbibing this evening?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast