VT VT - Mary Wilcox, 78, Westford, 9 Nov 2006 *J. Sevigny guilty*

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link
Vermont State Police said in November that Mary Wilcox had been upset before she disappeared from the Westford house in which she had been living. She might have said something about leaving the house on Cambridge Road to see family in Pennsylvania or Massachusetts. On Nov. 9, family returned to the house to find it empty.

She hasn't been seen since.

The 78-year-old woman's disappearance launched a three-day Vermont State Police search that was suspended Nov. 13 without sign of her. Wilcox, who had no driver's license, was believed to have left the house on foot, without her prescribed medications, for Alzheimer's and heart disease.

When the search was suspended, investigators said they had done all they could do in the search process.

Vermont State Police link

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Gee I hope LE didn't out do them selves....they searched for 3 whole days for that poor confused old woman. Did they get her picture out there in hopes that someone might recognize her? How sad. Did they notify hospitals or shelters, etc? I wonder just how far a lady that age could get walking? Poor old thing. I hope that she is being taken care of somewhere. What about family?

Poor Mary, I wonder where her family is. The stage that her Altzheimer's is at can indicate what type of, "routes" she might take on her journey. For example, if it has progressed significantly, like say where she is functioning more like she is 2 or 3, she may not take direct paths. Sometimes people with Altzheimers walk or fight through thick woods and brush, they sometimes walk uphill instead of downhill, etc..In other words unlike healthy older children and adults they often do not take the paths of least resistance. This can make a search difficult unless those on the search were aware of that.

Well, I'm going to try again to get some sleep. And I will include Mary.

We didn't hear the whole story from the hunter but I would like to know this....when the hunter saw this elderly lady wandering around why did he not go to her and talk to her to see if she made any sense or not and see if he couldn't guide her home and then take her to the police station??? Was he out in the middle of no where or was he on a street on his way to go hunting?
If he was in the woods and saw her then shame on him for not checking her over and helping her. If he had talked to her he would have realized that there were problems. He must have been in the woods as that is where the searches began after he reported seeing her!! What the heck!

This poor little thing is probably dead if she was wandering in the woods all by herself. She must have been confused to think that she was going to walk to see her relatives somewhere or other. I wonder who was supposed to be watching over her or why she was alone? It makes me sick to think of this poor little woman just wandering around until it was to late for help.

Vermont State Police added Mary to the National Center for Missing Adults.

The Vermont State Police are working very hard to find Mary.

Here is the link;
National Center for Missing Adults

I am proud of our State Police for doing all the work that they are doing.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

that is horrible! the crime is unspeakable enough but then to blame her Alzheimer's to cover up their deeds is despicable.

I wonder what credence that original story of the hunter seeing an old lady has now.

I read the affidavit. It is quite astounding that in a small town environment at least 6 people (Jeanne, Greg, LB, Micah, Dale Williams and Laurie Francis) knew or had heard rumors that the family was involved in the death yet none called the cops in three years.

Shame on them all.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11719933

Burlington, Vermont – December 22, 2009

Authorities are confident they have enough evidence to convict a Westford woman for the murder of her mother three years ago, even though investigators still have no body, murder weapon, or motive.

Authorities say it is possible they may never recover the remains of murder victim Mary Wilcox. But as a matter of law, the victim's body is not required to obtain a conviction of the suspected killer. The issue arose last week after Jeanne Sevigny, 59, entered a not guilty plea to a charge of second-degree murder for admittedly killing her mother three years ago.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/.../100113026/Murder-suspect-to-be-freed-on-bail

By Sam Hemingway, Free Press Staff Writer • Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The 59-year-old Westford woman charged with killing her ailing mother and then burning her remains in 2006 is expected to be released later today after she posts a 10-percent portion of a $1.5 million appearance bond at Vermont District Court in Burlington.

The woman, Jeanne Sevigny, had been held without bail since her arrest Dec. 17 on a second-degree murder charge.

Search resumes today for body of alleged murder victim TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2010

bilde

Mary Wilcox was allegedly killed by her daughter in 2006 and her body burned and buried, police say

Detective Sgt. Lance Burnham said the search, suspended by police because of cold weather in December, will focus on a site along a trail behind the Westford Elementary School.
The school is on spring vacation this week.
Greg Sevigny and a friend later buried the suitcase with Wilcox’s remains next to a big rock on a trail behind the school, according to court papers. He is facing a felony count of unauthorized burial or removal of a body.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...sumes-today-for-body-of-alleged-murder-victim

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-woman-s-body-in-Westford-proves-unsuccessful

Sam Hemingway, Free Press Staff Writer • Saturday, May 29, 2010

A third search of an area behind Westford Elementary School this week found no trace of the body of an elderly woman allegedly killed and burned by her daughter in 2006, Vermont State Police said.

“A search of the area behind the school was done yesterday and yielded no results,” Sgt. Tara Thomas, spokeswoman for the state police, said Friday.

Thomas said the search for the body will resume at some point in the near future and said police still believe the body of the 78-year-old woman, Mary Wilcox, will be found at the site.

Ah I was hoping she would be found.

Thanx for the update...

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...off-search-for-body-of-missing-Westford-woman

By Sam Hemingway, Free Press Staff Writer • Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Vermont State Police have halted their hunt for the body of an alleged homicide victim after conducting an extensive search of an area behind Westford Elementary School where the remains of the elderly woman were thought to be buried.

“All of the places where it was reasonable to believe she might have been buried have pretty much been dug,” Detective Sgt. Lance Burnham said Monday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back