AR AR - Linda Reynolds, 30, Fort Smith, 17 May 1982

Richard

Reaction score
Linda Louellen Reynolds
Missing since May 17, 1982 from Fort Smith, Arkansas
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
AKA: Lindy

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lindy Reynolds was last seen on May 17th, 1982. She had gone out to a local club. Sometime during the night she had returned her car to her parent’s home and left them a note. The note said she would be home in time for work at 5 PM. She never returned.

Reynolds liked the club scene and hanging out with band members. She had left her home before but always contacted her family.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Fort Smith Police
Criminal Investigations Division
479-709-5116

Source Information:
Fort Smith Police
The Doe Network: Case File 2082DFAR
LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/

May 17th will mark the 30 year anniversary of Linda's disappearance.

f7c856b6-235e-4086-8de2-6396fffaf5d1_zps0c04463c.jpg

http://swtimes.com/news/special-reports/series-fort-smith-woman-music-enthusiast-reported-missing-1982

“From there, we followed every lead that came up,” said detective Brandon Lowdermilk, who has been assigned the case. “People that knew her — they collected all of her personal materials, like notebooks, her things, her letters, and tried to contact as many people as they could that she knew or that her parents knew”...

Because the club that Reynolds frequented was near the Oklahoma/Arkansas border, officials on both sides have worked in tandem over the years to piece together a picture of what might have happened the night she disappeared. The club has since closed.

Lowdermilk said he recently came upon something that might lead to new information in the case, but that he could not discuss it. “I’ve got one (lead) that I’m working with,” he said. “It’s one of those things where it’s a slight possibility.”

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9933

has anyone seen the name of the club anywhere? it says near ark/ok border on okla side and has since closed.

It sounds like maybe she met someone at the club and they followed her home to drop off her parents car, then she left again with the person in their own vehicle. If anybody knew who she talked to that night, or saw her with anybody, there's a good chance it's a person who harmed her.

It sounds like maybe she met someone at the club and they followed her home to drop off her parents car, then she left again with the person in their own vehicle. If anybody knew who she talked to that night, or saw her with anybody, there's a good chance it's a person who harmed her.

i agree, dogperson, that's why i would like to know what club she was at and maybe the neighborhood where her parents lived. there were not a lot of "clubs" nearby on the okla side then or now, just a few beer bars that i remember. i would like to know where her parents lived to track her steps as far as we can. i will have to go back and look to see if the note she left specified if she was actually leaving with someone or just a general "be back later" type of note. the TimesRecord has brought this story to the surface so it seems like a wonderful time to dig in. maybe someone who saw her that night will come forward with any bit of information that could help.

eta : so apparently the note did specify that she would be back in time for a 5pm work shift, wonder where she worked ... hmmmm 5pm shift on a sunday in 1982 .... Arkansas's blue law, or no sunday sales/labor law was struck down by the state leg in 1982 so where she would have gone to work is something i would like to know, just because literally nothing was open by that time of a sunday evening.

I found Linda's Senior Portrait in the 1970 Northside HS (Fort Smith Arkansas) yearbook.

Linda Louellen Reynolds - 1970 Northside (AR) HS Senior.jpg

May 17, 1982, Linda “Lindy” Reynolds left a Fort Smith, Ark., restaurant called Banditos where she worked as a waitress. She lived with her parents and got home about 10:30 p.m. but left again 30 minutes later.

Sometime during the night, Reynolds brought her car home and wrote a note, which her mother, Nancy Reynolds, found the next morning. The note said Reynolds was spending the night with friends.

When she didn’t pick up her paycheck or report for work the following day, Reynolds’ boss called her parents, but they were in the dark as to her whereabouts, and the friends she had mentioned in her note said they had not seen her … she is still missing.

http://www.aymag.com/January-2012/Murder-Mystery-In-All-the-Wrong-Places/

I can't even think about what happened to her, there is very little information about her...I hope that whatever happened to her, she hasn't suffered too much...
rest in peace

June 3, 2014

July 23, 2019

<<Linda loved going to any bar or club that featured rock bands, and the one she went to most often was located at the Arkansas/Oklahoma border. It has since closed. She also surrounded herself with band members.

No one is certain which club she had gone to on the night of her disappearance. One friend of hers recalled seeing her at Harry’s, a club between Moffett and Roland, OK that she frequented. This friend said Linda had been upset because a man she was interested in was showing interest in someone else. Linda may have left with another man as a result, and possibly went to the Country Kitchen on Towson in Fort Smith, AR with him. Other accounts differed, so nobody is really sure where she was last seen.>>

<<Linda’s mother received a phone call from a man who claimed to have found Linda’s purse underneath a building. She was so caught off guard that she didn’t get the man’s name. She had assumed the caller was a detective at the police department, but the police knew nothing about it. She later stated she believed the caller was a plumber>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back