Thread: CO - Robert Thomas Pillsen-Rahier, 15, Colorado Springs, 6 July 1990

CO - Robert Thomas Pillsen-Rahier, 15, Colorado Springs, 6 July 1990

Pillsen-Rahier was last seen at approximately 8:45 a.m. on July 6, 1990 in the vicinity of the 13500 block of south 8th Street in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was staying at the now-defunct Cheyenne Mesa, a treatment facility for adolescents with mental and emotional problems.

That morning, Pillsen-Rahier called his mother and insinuated that something was wrong, but told her he could not say exactly what was troubling him because the call was being monitored. His mother immediately called the facility to make arrangements to visit him, but was told that Pillsen-Rahier was on an outing. Later the day, a Cheyenne Mesa employee told Pillsen-Rahier's mother he had run away. He has never been heard from again.

Authorities are not certain what happened to Pillsen-Rahier. He has no history of running away and his mother does not believe he ran away. She stated that even if he had, it would be highly unusual for him to have no contact with his loved ones for this long. Pillsen-Rahier's mother had a close relationship with her son at the time he went missing. There is no evidence of foul play in his disappearance. His case was reclassified to a runaway to endangered missing several years after his disappearance; it remains unsolved.

Source:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...er_robert.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/670dmco.html
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-08-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: updated doe network link

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollywoodBound For This Useful Post:

Kat

How strange that the facility would claim he was out on a trip wheh clearly he was not. My guess is something was going on to do with someone in charge at the facility that had somehow reached a crucial point!

It would be interesting to know is staff etc at this place were thoroughly questioned.
    Brand new forum dedicated to the Keddie Cabin Murders - everyone welcome at
    www.keddieresortmurders.proboards.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to missacorah For This Useful Post:

Kat

Robbie is on Namus.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5274

DNA submitted for him.

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/co-sp...disappearance/

Updated: Jul 1, 2010 7:50 PM

...Robert has not been seen since.From the beginning, the case has been treated as that of a runaway teenager. Jean, however, insists her son wouldn't have run away -- at least not in the manner suggested for the past 20 years. "When I received the police report, the first thing that caught my eye was this time right here," she says while pointing to a notation that says 8:45 a.m. was the time of Robert's disappearance. "This was about the time that I was on the phone with Bobby." The police report also lists Robert's clothing at the time of his disappearance -- a blue shirt and black pants. "I have the blue shirt and black pants," Jean says. "To this day, it doesn't appear like any of his clothing is missing. I have his clothing."

Another article for Bobby, it gives more history for him.

http://www.krdo.com/news/24063494/detail.html

UPDATED: 10:20 pm MDT June 27, 2010

There is a video interview with Jean, Bobby's Mother on the link above.

There are some articles that are pay per view that I can't access about Cheyenne Mesa.

Can someone alleviate my fears and tell me that this place did not treat Reactive Attachment Disorders and also was not using the many forms of treatment for that and various other psychiatric disorders that were proven to end in death of a child? TIA for anyone that can fill me in on this place.

If you post the title and date of the articles I can look them up in newsbank. It's free for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to buffetoflies For This Useful Post:

Kat

I'll go back and find them buffetoflies thank you for offering! It may take me a day or two

No chance that this is him, is there?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8361

Estimated age Adult - Pre 30 (match)
    Minimum age 18 years (3 years too old)
    Maximum age 25 years
    Race White (match)
    Ethnicity Other (???)
    Sex Male (match)
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 68, Estimated (match, Robbie was 5'9)

Probable year of death 1991 to 1992
    Estimated postmortem interval 1 Years (Robbie disappeared in 1990, and the 1 year might just be a low-ball estimate?)

the age is a bit off, but he was a bigger teen, so maybe thats not such a problem?

Mesa is 4+ hours away, but it looks like mostly a straight shot down i-70, and in the early 90s, pre-internet, that would likely be far enough to dump a body and not have it connect back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerri Blank For This Useful Post:

What a sad story...Poor Robbie. To me it sounds like Cheyenne Mesa could have to do with his disappearance...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaMountain For This Useful Post:

seems pretty likely to me. at the very least they were negligent if they didn't inform the parent directly when a minor in their charge went missing. the poor mother didn't know until she called them and then they told her he "ran away."

i would really love for her to have answers soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerri Blank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound View Post
    Pillsen-Rahier was last seen at approximately 8:45 a.m. on July 6, 1990 in the vicinity of the 13500 block of south 8th Street in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was staying at the now-defunct Cheyenne Mesa, a treatment facility for adolescents with mental and emotional problems.

That morning, Pillsen-Rahier called his mother and insinuated that something was wrong, but told her he could not say exactly what was troubling him because the call was being monitored. His mother immediately called the facility to make arrangements to visit him, but was told that Pillsen-Rahier was on an outing. Later the day, a Cheyenne Mesa employee told Pillsen-Rahier's mother he had run away. He has never been heard from again.

Authorities are not certain what happened to Pillsen-Rahier. He has no history of running away and his mother does not believe he ran away. She stated that even if he had, it would be highly unusual for him to have no contact with his loved ones for this long. Pillsen-Rahier's mother had a close relationship with her son at the time he went missing. There is no evidence of foul play in his disappearance. His case was reclassified to a runaway to endangered missing several years after his disappearance; it remains unsolved.

Source:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...er_robert.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/670dmco.html
    What troubles me in this case is that all of Robbie's clothes, INCLUDING the two pairs of shoes he had at the facility and the clothes he was supposedly wearing when he disappeared, were returned to his mother.

Can anyone offer advice on how to obtain records from the now defunct facility?
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

my guess is that due to HIPAA laws (medical privacy) the only person who could actually view those records would be his mother.

i am skeptical they even exist though. does anyone know if this place was public or private? im getting the impression it was a private place which makes me think its even less likely they are still around :/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerri Blank For This Useful Post:

Bobby's mom and younger brother talked about his disappearance on an hour-long radio program last month:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missing...ce-july-6-1990

His mother says he had bloody underwear during a visit home, two weeks before he went missing. She filed a report, nothing ever came of it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

This case stinks of facility involvement and cover up. Hindsight is 20/20, but the bloody underwear would have scared the **** out of me as a mom. Robbie's last phone call, I can only imagine what that was like for him. Where are the people who ran this place and worked there? What are they up to now? Can they still be questioned? I bet on the entry level a lot of employees were only a few years older than Robert themselves. Lots of peal in their late teens and early twenties work as counselors or residential instructors in this tripe of facility. They don't pay much and the hours tend to be long unless the place was private. Then maybe conditions for employees were a little better and more highly monitored. Mostly thinking out loud here.

I agree with Kathee in that his clothing being returned to his mom in full is very bothersome. I wonder what he had on when he called her? If it was the outfit he is described as being last seen in, if they at the facility washed those clothes, could they still hold evidence? His shoes and socks especially. This leads to some very disturbing thoughts.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to KeepThemOnTheRadar For This Useful Post: