Identified! CA - Lake Tahoe - Female, 40-60, Dec 2006 - Sandra Jean Gray, 57

Poor wman, no one deserves to end up thrown away in the water like this. Because of her not being fully clothed I tend to think it wasn't suicide. I hope she can be identified.

VB

The article said she may have been in the water for a while and that there were strong winds. If she was a suicide the rough waters and the amount of time in the water could be an explanation as to why she was partially clad.

~snip~

She is described as being in her 40s or 50s and having sandy hair and being about 5-foot-6, weighing 160 to 170 pounds.
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_362164142.html

A floating coat found in the afternoon may have provided the information needed to identify the woman but Hale said the name wouldn't be released until next of kin was notified.

~snip~

Hale said the woman was likely not in the water for a long period of time. Although Lake Tahoe has frigid temperatures that make it harder for bodies to decompose, Hale said there was little indication the body was in the lake for a long time.

"We didn't really see that with this body," he said.
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20061229/NEWS/112290043
Sounds like they may know who she is now....

I wonder why they aren't classifying this as a homicide? This lady wasn't swimming so unless she had gone boating it can't be a simple drowning. More like someone held her head under the water until she drowned or she drowned somewhere else and someone threw her in the water to make it look like she drowned there. She probably didn't fall off of a dock either.

That's what I'm thinking too. Someone could have thrown her in the water when she was unconscious causing her to drown. Possibly they think it was a suicide? If she knew she couldn't swim and jumped in the water...

Authorities are still investigating the death of Sandra Jean Gray-Preston, whose body was found in Lake Tahoe last week.

The 57-year-old mother of three, who checked into Lakeland Village Beach and Ski Resort on Dec. 18 and was scheduled to check out Monday, died of drowning and hypothermia, according to an autopsy conducted Friday, a day after she was found near the shore of Timbercove Marina, authorities said.

more at link
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20070103/NEWS/101030039

OK... so to say that she died of both drowning AND hypothermia... says that she was alive when she hit the water.. correct?

Yes, it sounds like it. I thought she may have lost her footing somewhere and just fell in the water. Seems with the water so frigid that hypothermia would be almost immediate??

Just an uneducated guess:

If she fell in, she could have instantly inhaled water due to the shock(not being in shock) of the cold water and, this could cause her to drown.

It's highly probable that it was an accident.

14 days is a long time to be booked at a ski resort isn't it? The Tahoe area hotels get a lot of homeless (and usually crazy) people living there for periods of time, although this is classified as a "resort" so I'm not sure how fancy-shmacy it is. Do any of the articles mention if she was vacationing orwhere she is from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back