1025 users online (195 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Saddam Likely to Be Hanged Before New Year, U.S. Military Officials Say

Saddam Likely to Be Hanged Before New Year, U.S. Military Officials Say

Khalil al-Dulaimi, Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer, told FOX News that U.S. officials have called him and asked to pick up Saddam's personal effects.

Deputy justice minister Busho Ibrahim has disputed claims that Hussein has been handed over to the Iraqi authorities

The Iraqi government is "anxious to get Saddam's execution done" and that it is likely to be carried out before the New Year ó perhaps even within the next 24 hours, a U.S. military official said.

This official said American forces are now in the process of finalizing the former Iraqi dictator's transfer to Iraqi custody and to the location where he would be executed. Several U.S. officials said they are not ruling out the possibility that Saddam will be put to death as early as Friday.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Boy, they don't mess around do they?

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I am not sure what I feel about this. I think he will be seen as a martyr and all hell is going to break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    I am not sure what I feel about this. I think he will be seen as a martyr and all hell is going to break loose.
    Yeah, the country seems to be barely holding together; they don't seem to have the gravitas for serious business like this. I guess I expected a US-style 5 year thrash with appeals and lawyer chicanery galore. Though maybe itís us (US) who have the flawed system of justice and Iraq has it right.
    OTOH, Saddam has to go since alive he is always a threat to the country's stability.

Sadaam Hussein goes to a fortune-teller and asks, "When will I die?" And the fortune-teller replies, "On an Iraqi holiday." Hussein then asks, "How do you know that?" And she replies, "Any day you die will be an Iraqi holiday."

Fox just said he was turned over to the Iraqi's. I imagine this will take place very quickly, if it hasn't been completed already.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I feel the same way 2sisters...

saturday

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239783,00.html

Saddam will be executed before Saturday per above link. I wonder if they mean US time or Iraq time? It is Saturday there now, isn't it???

Quote Originally Posted by kidzndogznme
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239783,00.html

Saddam will be executed before Saturday per above link. I wonder if they mean US time or Iraq time? It is Saturday there now, isn't it???
    Not quite Saturday there yet, but it won't be long in coming.

my opinion

I think you are right that he will be seen as a martyr by the terrorist groups who supported his actions in the past. And it is a shame for the innocent citizens who were happy to see him lose power. They were celebrating in the streets when he was captured. Such a shame and a no-win situation. If they let him live, there is always a danger from him giving orders from jail or from his supporters who "know" what he would do in situations. If they kill him, then there is going to be an uprising. I feel the same about the war over there. If we do nothing and call our soldiers home, it is a guarantee that we will have another 9/11. If we keep the soldiers there, the people rebel and get all anti-American and tell us to get the frack out of their country and kill our men and take innocents hostage. That is why I often feel the urge to drop a bomb on the countries who support and harbor terrorists and call it a done deal. I know there are those who will cry "but what of the innocent civilians!!!". My answer to that is "what of OUR (America's) innocent children and citizens who were blown up by these monsters? Our charity should begin at home. After we can be sure our own innocents are safe, then we can go save the rest of the world." I feel the same way about our homeless people and our starving people and abandoned children who need homes. And my opinion is every country should do the same thing. I already know which 3-5 posters are going to respond angrily and aloofly to my opinion. We all need to clean up our own backyards. Adopting a rainbow of children ALA Brangelina is fine and dandy but what of our own children who desperately need love and a home? These are the children who will grow up without a role model, being shuffled from foster home to foster home. They will end up being drop outs, druggies, and in jail. Producing children just like them. And the cycle will begin all over again. We ***** and moan about our crime here at home. We call on the government to stop the kidnapping of our children, install tougher penalties on crime, etc. Until we, as Americans, step up and help our own population instead of putting our nose into everyone else's problems, this is how our world will be. Let the attacks begin.

Good riddance. The sooner the better for the Iraqi people who suffered at his hands and at the hands of his sick and sadistic sons.

Kidz -

It's such a shame you feel you have to say "Let the attacks begin." Regardless of whether or not someone agrees with you, it stinks that people can't just say so without making it personal. :-(

I'm very big on fixing up home first. I have no issue with being chartiable once our boundaries are healthy inside, though.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Good riddance. The sooner the better for the Iraqi people who suffered at his hands and at the hands of his sick and sadistic sons.

AMEN!

Nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast