1236 users online (270 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

6 y/o gets ahold of mom's coke

6 Year Old Stumbles Upon Moms' Coke

DECEMBER 28, 2006 -- POSTED AT 9:00 P.M. CST

JONESBORO, AR -- At the young age of 6, a child accidentally takes cocaine and even worse, police still haven't been able to locate the child's mother.

It all started last Friday when a 6 year old girl and her 2 older siblings were left alone at their Jonesboro home on North Bridge Street. Their mother, 32-year-old Renita Ann McGowan, was no where to be found.

That's when the young child found a bowl of white powder in her mother's house. She snorted the powder, and instantly became sick, dizzy and throwing up. Her older siblings, not knowing what had happened called their grandfather.

More at link.

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=5868579

ugghh I cannot even read the article. Just pains me.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Wow. She must have watched the mom do this before. I can't imagine a 6 year old knowing to snort the white powder and not just eat it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine
    Wow. She must have watched the mom do this before. I can't imagine a 6 year old knowing to snort the white powder and not just eat it or something.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I have a six-year-old and he would more more apt to taste something white in a bowl. However, he might sniff it - you know how you smell something before tasting it - maybe this girl took a little sniff and got a noseful...I don't know.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!