618 users online (57 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs down Woman Trapped in Elevator for 3 Days

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,239781,00.html

This poor woman was trapped in a broken elevator for 3 days. Her father reported her missing. And it seems that after that, everyone putzed around doing a whole lotta nothing. Unbelievable!

Dear God! I cannot believe how horrible that must have been for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Dear God! I cannot believe how horrible that must have been for her.

It must have been horrible. But, the dad sent his mentally handicapped daughter out to buy bread??? And she is apparently so handicapped that she did not know to trigger the alarm? Although I agree that more diligence should have been taken in searching for her, I think the dad shares some of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    It must have been horrible. But, the dad sent his mentally handicapped daughter out to buy bread??? And she is apparently so handicapped that she did not know to trigger the alarm? Although I agree that more diligence should have been taken in searching for her, I think the dad shares some of the blame.

Yeah. You're right.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    It does say that they are checking to see if the alarm system worked, so I guess it's possible it was broken.

I can't imagine them not checking more carefully, especially since they knew someone was missing. Poor thing!

Thank God the poor lady was found in time. I can only imagine what she was thinking and feeling. Hours must have felt like days for the poor gal.

The alarm system DID work....perfectly. The girl just didn't think about banging on the doors or hollering....she stamped her feet but that couldn't have made enough noise

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    I see nothing wrong with letting the daughter perform this small errand if she had proven in the past she was capable.

They are notified by her father that she is missing and mentally handicapped and the elevator is stuck at the same time and they do not do more to assure she is not on it? She was not all there mentally did they think she would react as a 'normal' person if stuck? Geez louise! zee stoopidity of it all....hmm no smiley face with a beret? We need one of those.