1302 users online (205 members and 1097 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

World's oldest mum at 67

A 67-year-old Spanish woman became the world's oldest new mother on Saturday when she gave birth to twins, a Barcelona hospital said.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

Modern medical treatment at its finest?

Great. So, maybe she'll live to see their 10th Birthday.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Why did she wait until she was 67? What about adoption?

I'm glad I had my girls before my mid thirties....I can't imagine running around after a toddler when I'm 69!

I want to see my grandchildren and possibly great grandchildren some day.
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

...this woman is completely irresponsible...

...I'm 46 with a 10 and a 14-year old, and I get tired sometimes...let alone being 70 years old with toddlers???????

Who in their right mind would want to be a new mommy at 67!!!!!!!!!!!!

This absolutely disgusts me. There oughta be a law! Anyone that old using artificial methods to conceive is totally selfish and has no regard for the children she has chosen to give birth to.

My parents were 43 and 52 when I was born, and THEY WERE TOO OLD THEN.

WowwwwwwwwwW! My mother never told me the *facts* of life, but I have been under the assumption that when one stops having their "friend" each month, this would be impossible. When does one stop? I am 46, soon to be 47 actually.....many of my friends are just now starting their families, or they're on round two. I should add that most are early 40's except one friend who's a mere ONE day younger than me. She has two children, her oldest is in kindergarden. I would never, ever be the one to say that they shouldn't be having kids so late.....I leave that to the man upstairs, but I will say that even though I personally have tons of energy, I could never do it again. My daughter was/is my heart and soul, she's 20 now, it flew by. However, this is MY time. Time for me to reaquaint myself with me, to nuture my own spirit, to have peace, to travel, to be free. It took me 46 years to get here, and nothing on God's green earth could get me to do it all again. (I am REALLY looking forward to grand kiddies someday though).

I hope this woman is surrounded by a youthful support system.

I still want to know what birds and bees she knows...............

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    This absolutely disgusts me. There oughta be a law! Anyone that old using artificial methods to conceive is totally selfish and has no regard for the children she has chosen to give birth to.

My parents were 43 and 52 when I was born, and THEY WERE TOO OLD THEN.
    My parents were 38 and 39 when I was born and I thought that was old. I had mine in my twenties.
    This women will be around 85 when those kids graduate high school. Sheesh!
    Good luck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvChocolate
    My parents were 38 and 39 when I was born and I thought that was old. I had mine in my twenties.
    This women will be around 85 when those kids graduate high school. Sheesh!
    Good luck!!!!!
    Me too, and since mine were 43 and 52 I was an only child, and I never had grandparents. I was lonely for siblings and family, and still am. But I have a daughter and 2 grandchildren, a son and daughter-in-law who will have kids in the next 5 years or less.

I could take having babies in my 40s but not in my late 60s!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper

Completely and utterly selfish, IMO!! But not just for an old woman but all the old coots who have babies when they aren't gonna be around for them.

James Brown, baby at 68.
    And I loved Tony Randall but he was too old to be a new father.
    Picasso.
    And many others.

SELFISH!!!

Oooohhh, her body is NOT going to bounce back!!!

Lisa Fremont--agree with you about Tony Randall--big fan but at 78 he was too old to have kids; but its more than just being selfish---Sometimes men feel their own mortality creeping up on them and decide to have kids,thinking it may actually prolong their own lives--I think Ed Mcmahon , or somebody else, admitted as much---Ed is still hanging in there for his kids but most of those poor kids wind up like Randall's, losing their father at a way too early age

Quote Originally Posted by lisafremont

Completely and utterly selfish, IMO!! But not just for an old woman but all the old coots who have babies when they aren't gonna be around for them.

James Brown, baby at 68.
    And I loved Tony Randall but he was too old to be a new father.
    Picasso.
    And many others.

SELFISH!!!

As I said before my father was 52 when I was born and I was 17 when he died. He never got to be a grandpa or see me get married. Now it is 43 years later, and how I would love to ask him questions about his childhood. Questions that never occurred to me at the age of 17.

There's no mention of a husband/father. I know the article said IVF, but she is only half of the equation. IMHO, it is morally reprehensible to perform IVF on a woman of this age (and I ought to know because I am the same age and cannot even imagine...)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast