World's oldest mum at 67

Great. So, maybe she'll live to see their 10th Birthday.

Why did she wait until she was 67? What about adoption?

I'm glad I had my girls before my mid thirties....I can't imagine running around after a toddler when I'm 69!

I want to see my grandchildren and possibly great grandchildren some day.

...I'm 46 with a 10 and a 14-year old, and I get tired sometimes...let alone being 70 years old with toddlers??????? :bang:

Who in their right mind would want to be a new mommy at 67!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

This absolutely disgusts me. There oughta be a law! Anyone that old using artificial methods to conceive is totally selfish and has no regard for the children she has chosen to give birth to.

My parents were 43 and 52 when I was born, and THEY WERE TOO OLD THEN.

WowwwwwwwwwW! My mother never told me the *facts* of life, but I have been under the assumption that when one stops having their "friend" each month, this would be impossible. When does one stop? :crazy: I am 46, soon to be 47 actually.....many of my friends are just now starting their families, or they're on round two. I should add that most are early 40's except one friend who's a mere ONE day younger than me. She has two children, her oldest is in kindergarden. I would never, ever be the one to say that they shouldn't be having kids so late.....I leave that to the man upstairs, but I will say that even though I personally have tons of energy, I could never do it again. My daughter was/is my heart and soul, she's 20 now, it flew by. However, this is MY time. Time for me to reaquaint myself with me, to nuture my own spirit, to have peace, to travel, to be free. It took me 46 years to get here, and nothing on God's green earth could get me to do it all again. (I am REALLY looking forward to grand kiddies someday though).

I hope this woman is surrounded by a youthful support system.

I still want to know what birds and bees she knows...............

Pepper said:
This absolutely disgusts me. There oughta be a law! Anyone that old using artificial methods to conceive is totally selfish and has no regard for the children she has chosen to give birth to.

My parents were 43 and 52 when I was born, and THEY WERE TOO OLD THEN.
My parents were 38 and 39 when I was born and I thought that was old. I had mine in my twenties.
This women will be around 85 when those kids graduate high school. Sheesh!
Good luck!!!!!

LuvChocolate said:
My parents were 38 and 39 when I was born and I thought that was old. I had mine in my twenties.
This women will be around 85 when those kids graduate high school. Sheesh!
Good luck!!!!!
Me too, and since mine were 43 and 52 I was an only child, and I never had grandparents. I was lonely for siblings and family, and still am. But I have a daughter and 2 grandchildren, a son and daughter-in-law who will have kids in the next 5 years or less.

Pepper said:

:clap:

Completely and utterly selfish, IMO!! But not just for an old woman but all the old coots who have babies when they aren't gonna be around for them.

James Brown, baby at 68.
And I loved Tony Randall but he was too old to be a new father.
Picasso.
And many others.

SELFISH!!!

Lisa Fremont--agree with you about Tony Randall--big fan but at 78 he was too old to have kids; but its more than just being selfish---Sometimes men feel their own mortality creeping up on them and decide to have kids,thinking it may actually prolong their own lives--I think Ed Mcmahon , or somebody else, admitted as much---Ed is still hanging in there for his kids but most of those poor kids wind up like Randall's, losing their father at a way too early age

lisafremont said:
:clap:

Completely and utterly selfish, IMO!! But not just for an old woman but all the old coots who have babies when they aren't gonna be around for them.

James Brown, baby at 68.
And I loved Tony Randall but he was too old to be a new father.
Picasso.
And many others.

SELFISH!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As I said before my father was 52 when I was born and I was 17 when he died. He never got to be a grandpa or see me get married. Now it is 43 years later, and how I would love to ask him questions about his childhood. Questions that never occurred to me at the age of 17.

There's no mention of a husband/father. I know the article said IVF, but she is only half of the equation. IMHO, it is morally reprehensible to perform IVF on a woman of this age (and I ought to know because I am the same age and cannot even imagine...)

Opie said:
There's no mention of a husband/father. I know the article said IVF, but she is only half of the equation. IMHO, it is morally reprehensible to perform IVF on a woman of this age (and I ought to know because I am the same age and cannot even imagine...)
------------------

Opie I agree.We would sit down to rock the poor kid and fall asleep ourselves!LOL.My God she is out of her tree! I'm 74 and have a greatgrandson I adore.Have one 6 years old myself? no way.Can you imagine~"now where did I put that baby!".She is selfish,no older ones to care for them when she dies.This was a selfish thing to do.

Does anyone monitor these old biddies as they proceed down their road of motherhood? Wasn't it last year that woman in England had a baby? Her "friend" said how youthful she was? I would like to know how these old moms do as their kids become mobile and they have to chase after them. I think the drs who perform the IVF procedures are only in it to see if they CAN do it. I think it presents as a challenge to them to see if they can get a shriveled old womb to accept the whole reproduction process. My grandmom is 80 and her skin tone is not good. How in the world is a woman of almost 70 even capable of stretching her skin or her organs to accomodate a baby???

Wow, I can't even imagine. I had my twins when I was 27 and it was hard and incredibly tiring!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back