1203 users online (265 members and 938 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,584

    IL - Dr. David Cornbleet, 64, stabbed to death, Chicago, 24 Oct 2006

    CHICAGO (AP) -- The family of a Chicago dermatologist killed in his downtown office in October is using the social networking site MySpace.com to try to find his killer.

    Dr. David Cornbleet, 64, of Lincolnwood was found stabbed to death in his 12th-floor Michigan Avenue office on Oct. 24. Police believe a young man shown on a building surveillance video is responsible.



    Chicago police spokeswoman Monique Bond said the department is supporting the family's efforts and have provided video footage.

    On the Net: http://www.myspace.com/dr_david_cornbleet_murder

    More of the article can be found here:
    http://mywebtimes.com/ottnews/archiv....php?id=289033

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,852
    What is up with the comments left by
    "Little Miss Understood":
    "Jan 1 2007 9:12A
    read my messsage. someone got into your myspace and is sending bogus bulletins prompting people to a log on page that is not a real myspace login page....
    hope you had a great new year! check your bulletins . the subject is "LOL"
    thanks
    D"

    and by "C":
    "Dec 31 2006 1:05P
    Come on *****es, if you knew him you'd know he deserved what he got. Don't play coy".

    Seems kind of heartless and mean IMO. From a quick review of "Little Miss Understood's" friends on her own space, she has a lot of "friends" who are actually those porn-bot things where you log end up at sites that are not MySpace pages. "C" just seems like a self-centered, lonely azzhole from some of his comments on his page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    Wow--that's a wild one! From another article:
    "He was discovered by his daughter brutally murdered -- bound, gagged and stabbed multiple times, NBC5 reported."

    And another:
    "He would have been there alone," said Dr. Omeed Memar, a dermatologist in the building. "He was his own receptionist. He checked in patients, and he answered the phone. He did everything. I don't know how he did it."

    Sounds like the doctor had a secret life--one he snuck in occasionally at his office. I think this young man, or others like him, probably show up on other surveillance tapes, around 4:45 on other afternoons.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan
    What is up with the comments left by
    "Little Miss Understood":
    "Jan 1 2007 9:12A
    read my messsage. someone got into your myspace and is sending bogus bulletins prompting people to a log on page that is not a real myspace login page....
    hope you had a great new year! check your bulletins . the subject is "LOL"
    thanks
    D"

    and by "C":
    "Dec 31 2006 1:05P
    Come on *****es, if you knew him you'd know he deserved what he got. Don't play coy".

    Seems kind of heartless and mean IMO. From a quick review of "Little Miss Understood's" friends on her own space, she has a lot of "friends" who are actually those porn-bot things where you log end up at sites that are not MySpace pages. "C" just seems like a self-centered, lonely azzhole from some of his comments on his page.
    I agree about "C", and they've since deleted his comments (I hope they blocked him too). As to the comment by Little Miss Understood...yeah, someone hacked into the Cornbleet account and posted a spam bulletin. They've since regained control of their account though. Hacking is quite common on MySpace. Unfortunately, people continue to use trackers (visitor maps), which is where a lot of it supposedly comes from.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex
    Wow--that's a wild one! From another article:
    "He was discovered by his daughter brutally murdered -- bound, gagged and stabbed multiple times, NBC5 reported."

    And another:
    "He would have been there alone," said Dr. Omeed Memar, a dermatologist in the building. "He was his own receptionist. He checked in patients, and he answered the phone. He did everything. I don't know how he did it."

    Sounds like the doctor had a secret life--one he snuck in occasionally at his office. I think this young man, or others like him, probably show up on other surveillance tapes, around 4:45 on other afternoons.
    I haven't read anything that would indicate he had a secret life. If you read what his son wrote about him on the MySpace page, Dr. Cornbleet was a great man who cared about his patients as well as his family, and was very ethical and honest. His son worked with him on many Saturdays and got to see the great rapport he had with his patients. Sure, it's possible that there's something going on that we don't know about, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,852
    Apparently, Dr. Cornbleet had been on a cruise shortly before the murder, and he had purchased some sort of "art" while on that cruise. From review of the comments left on the Guest Book of the Chicago Sun Times, he was an avid art fan, and as one former patient who signed the guest book put it, she was "fascinated by his mementos" which were prominent in his office. He collected and displayed momentos from around the world. Another former patient who signed the guest book, made the following statement regarding his office; "All those wonderful trinkets". If you look closely at the video on the MySpace site, there appears to be a white object protruding from the backpack of the suspect. Is this object a rolled-up and missing piece of art that had been in his office?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan
    Apparently, Dr. Cornbleet had been on a cruise shortly before the murder, and he had purchased some sort of "art" while on that cruise. From review of the comments left on the Guest Book of the Chicago Sun Times, he was an avid art fan, and as one former patient who signed the guest book put it, she was "fascinated by his mementos" which were prominent in his office. He collected and displayed momentos from around the world. Another former patient who signed the guest book, made the following statement regarding his office; "All those wonderful trinkets". If you look closely at the video on the MySpace site, there appears to be a white object protruding from the backpack of the suspect. Is this object a rolled-up and missing piece of art that had been in his office?
    That would make sense after watching the video and seeing the object he's carrying...I would bet there is a piece of high $$ art missing from the office. If that is the case, why didn't the guy just knock him out??...why did he have to kill him?!! That's so sad..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,852
    Good questions Czechmate7....The only reason I can think of would be the possibility that the perpetrator thought Dr. Cornbleet would have been able to identify him. I would also bet that the murderer was looking for something very specific and perhaps that is why the doctor was tied up - an attempt to force the doctor to tell him where a specific item was hidden. Other news articles have indicated that "nothing was missing" from the office. That doesn't make any sense, because there is obviously stuff in the backpack that wasn't in there when the suspect entered the building. Where else would it have come from? I would respectfully suggest to the family and the investigators that they obtain the patient listing of everyone who had visited Dr. Cornbleet since his last trip and begin their investigation there. There is at least one individual who has signed his Guest Book and expressed an interest/awareness of the "trinkets" that were in his office who has a MySpace account. Several of the friends of this individual brag about and spotlight being involved with the "gangsta" lifestyle. By this I mean, they brag about having guns and generally being a real badazz. Now don't get me wrong - I am not saying everyone who has an alternative ego or participates in fantasy lifestyles is necessarily a bad person. Guilty as charged myself. At the same time, you have to sort of expect to be questioned and at least looked at suspiciously if you are somehow connected even remotely to a crime such as this one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    The guy does look like he's using a white cloth to push the revolving door when he enters. And one article says the doctor was bound with duct tape--not something you'd expect to be lying around his office.

    An earlier article said he was known to keep an envelope with a large amount of money in his office, but police say they don't believe the motive was robbery. (So I guess it wasn't missing?)

    I was wondering if the white roll sticking out of the mystery man's pack could be that roll of paper used on an examining table.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    408
    *bump* Thinking of you, Dr. Cornbleet, and your family. It's so horrible that there's actually a video of the killer and it has gone nowhere....
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    I always think of a "knife" murder as being done by someone who close to the victim. He targeted this doctor for a reason. I don't know if he had a secret life or not. However, that thought did cross my mind.

    Who knows? It could be a patient or the son of a patient that he refused to continue treating because their bill was too high. It's hard to say.

    I agree with the poster that they should be going through the patient list. I would definitely check out patients with outstanding bills to see if they match the description or if they have a son who matches the description.

    Also, this family should try to get exposure on Nancy Grace or Greta Van Sustern.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    A while ago, someone posted a nasty message on the family's web site, and they deleted it.

    I thought that was dumb then, and think that more so now that we know Shawn Hornbeck posted on his family's web site.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Who knows? It could be a patient or the son of a patient that he refused to continue treating because their bill was too high. It's hard to say.
    I'm disinclined to think he would refuse treatment to someone on the basis of money only because his family has stressed that Dr. Cornbleet wanted to help everyone regardless of their problems, money or otherwise. I do think you're exactly right about him being targeted though. The person on the security cam was definitely walking with a purpose in mind. He seemed to have even planned it out way in advance because he seems to be avoiding the security cameras (because he knows where they are) and he uses a cloth to open the doors.

    One thought came to my mind and that's because I frequently see a dermatologist due to my own skin problems. I'm currently beginning Accutane and it has very serious side effects. One of these side effects can be mental issues. It is not a recommended treatment for anyone with a previous history of mental issues because of this. Mostly, it can cause depression or suicidal thoughts/urges, but it also lists that psychosis (like hearing voices or seeing things that aren't there) could be a complication. I'm wondering if the murder was triggered by the effects of Accutane.
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    408
    Here is the Crime Library article on the case: http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...et_murder.html

    The Crime Library article says they have "substantial" forensic evidence from the perp (apparently, Dr. Cornbleet busted the guy's nose up pretty good) and that they have several "persons of interest."
    They are also running some stills from the video camera footage as the header on MySpace which is awesome. (It has about 5 pictures and says, "Can you identify this man?")
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    408

    Police Hope New Tape Leads Them to Doctor's Killer

    February 7, 2007 - Investigators released new surveillance video Wednesday that may help them solve the deadly stabbing of a Chicago doctor. Police want to track down the customer videotaped at a home depot store. Dr. David Cornbleet was killed in his Michigan Avenue office last October.
    Detectives knew as they began their murder investigation that they had an important clue. And that clue -- after considerable legwork -- has now led them to a surveillance tape. Whether the tape will ultimately lead them to the killer is an open question, but that is the hope of police and the Cornbleet family.

    *more at link* http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5012905
    Please read up on the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45720




Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY MD - Correctional Officer David McGuinn, 42, stabbed to death, 25 July 2006
    By Jeana (DP) in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:06 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 11:07 AM
  3. GUILTY PA - David, 67, & Lorraine Donivan, 46, stabbed to death, Dec 2005
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 01:27 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 08:30 PM
  5. GUILTY IL - Jesse Thomas, 8, stabbed to death, North Chicago, 17 March 2006
    By aussiegran in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread