Wedding Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisincharlie

Racing Doesn't Lie
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread in the same vein as Sami's thread about lamps. My wife and kids are off visiting with my wife's parents so I'm paying particular attention to pictures this eve. I've been driving everyone crazy on the board today so I need to be constructive. In the search warrant for 5108 Birchleaf Drive of 11/3/06, the inventory reflects collection of three wedding photos.

I am curious as to were everyone keeps their wedding photos, there is no point to this exercise other than to see where most people keep such photos. Perhaps you could also add your opinion as to why three photos were collected from the Young home.

Here are the locations where my wife has placed them in our home:

Bedroom dresser - 1
Family room - 2
Den - 1
Living Room - 1

Total of five, none of which are wall mounts.

I'm not saying why I think the Young wedding photos were taken, I'm much more interested in your opinions. Have fun!;)

Copy and paste from my pm's coz I'm too lazy to write it all again, lol. :)

My original guess is they would've been taken so that there were 3 positive photos that would ID Jason at different angles, looks hair colouring etc, in case they needed to compare it to witness statements of seeing someone at the house or in the vacinity and describing that person or comparing it to an artists sketch in case ole Jason never returned and did a runner.

I've not fully thought on the photos and possible reasons why, to be honest, because I've been concentrating on other areas as well.....unknown perp versus premed mostly and telling details separating the two. But in thinking quickly as to LE taking wedding photos, it offers an instant form of providing LE with identification of Jason Young as they can't examine the contents of cell phone, cam corders, disks, etc until they're authorised to.............but that's not to say that they weren't taken for other reasons like spatters and possible defense 'weapons'.....

To continue....

All our wedding photos are on the walls or in albums. Only one is in my office at home on the desk.

I don't have any in the bedroom....lol I'm not allowed to after I got hubby with my rotten sense of humour....I had one of him on my nightstand when we were dating. He was teasing me one night and cheekily asked "who's that guy in the photo". I told him that it was me before my sex change operation.

After we got married and I had totally forgotten about my remark, he said on our honeymoon "No wedding photos beside the bed. It's not fair if you're the only one in the photo!" It took me ages to realize He got Me back, lol.

Sami
*advertiser censored*

Hello! Happy New Year!

First time poster....been doin' alot of lurking! LOL! I was really interested in the Laci Peterson case and MY's murder reminded me alot of Laci......so I am glad I found this website.

Anyways, on to RC's question about wedding photos.

I do not have any mounted on the walls of our house.

1- on coffee table in living room.

1- on hubby's dresser in bedroom.

1-on nightstand in bedroom.

The two I have in the bedroom are more personal photos, I guess. One is of our first dance at the reception and one is a photo of us kissing. Its one of those pics where the photographer is telling you to kiss and we're both kinda giggling while we're kissing....silly, I guess!?!

Anyways, love the website!

~Kadie

So, it makes sense to me about the 3 wedding photos taken....they were probably in the bedroom and had blood spatter on them. JMO

Kadie said:
Hello! Happy New Year!

First time poster....been doin' alot of lurking! LOL! I was really interested in the Laci Peterson case and MY's murder reminded me alot of Laci......so I am glad I found this website.

Anyways, on to RC's question about wedding photos.

I do not have any mounted on the walls of our house.

1- on coffee table in living room.

1- on hubby's dresser in bedroom.

1-on nightstand in bedroom.

The two I have in the bedroom are more personal photos, I guess. One is of our first dance at the reception and one is a photo of us kissing. Its one of those pics where the photographer is telling you to kiss and we're both kinda giggling while we're kissing....silly, I guess!?!

Anyways, love the website!

~Kadie

So, it makes sense to me about the 3 wedding photos taken....they were probably in the bedroom and had blood spatter on them. JMO
Thanks for dropping in Kadie - appreciate your input ! Don't be shy - jump in and help us out here! :)

Hey! Welcome Kadie :)
Happy New Year.
Sami

hmmmm, not sure about the wedding photos...haven't given much, if any, thoughts to them.....we didn't take photos of when me & hubby got married...(got married at the courthouse)....

could be that these 3 photos had blood on them, but IMO, it seems a little odd to have 3 wedding photos in a bedroom....maybe it's not odd at all, but it seems just a bit strange to me....i can see having one on a dresser or something, but 3??.....

ok....i stopped to call my oldest son...he's been married 4 yrs now, & they have one large hanging photo of them together on their wedding day, in the main room/living room....one smaller pic of him & his groomsmen & best man, & a smaller one of him & his wife kissing outside the mansion (where they got married).....he said there's only one wedding photo in the bedroom...

he (my son) said these wedding photos that LE took, could include a picture of the wedding party .... bridesmaids/groomsmen & all....could be that they took a photo like that to identify close friends to question??

I think the idea of the wedding party and/or other family members is a good one. It would be an easy way to identify a lot of the players in this case.

As for the "poll", we have a wedding photo on the wall of our family room (in a grouping with our parents' and grandparents' wedding pics), as well as one in a small frame in a grouping of three photos of us in our early dating/engagement time.

I don't know that there are any others in the house, other than in the album, also in the family room. However, I will temper that answer by saying I am constantly surprised at the number of wedding photos displayed in the homes of my friends, even those who have been married a long time. I recently visited the home of a new friend who has been married only a few years and has just had their first child. On the back of a sofa table was an entire display of wedding photos. So who knows?

Blood spatter or ID of a group of people. Both good guesses.

Hey Close!! Your son is pretty good! I have to agree with that! (Happy New Year by the way!).

Anyhoo - about my wedding photos - well it's been 25 yrs so over that time, the wedding photos were replaced with family so they went into an album. Right now I have one wp in the bedroom (just the 2 of us) on top of the entertainment cabinet at the foot of the bed.

Welcome Kadie! :)

Good Job Sami! It hadn't entered my mind about ID'ing JY or others in the wedding party, but it is a very good possibility.

Knowing there was blood on the bed and spatter on a lamp which I think we would assume was on a night table beside the bed, I think it is possible there would be blood spatter on any standing photo there.

We don't know if these 3 photos taken were in frames, just assuming so. The chances of a wedding album sitting out is pretty slim, and they wouldn't go hunting for one I don't think. I think they would take what was in their line of vision.

My wedding photos are in an album with a lot of other family photos, and it was only when I was first married that I set them out in frames, like on my dresser. Scandi

hi there ---- i rarely post, mostly lurk cause you guys are all amazing, great sluethers!!!! anyway, with that said, ive always wondered if there was a blowout fight / struggle right before the murder & possibly MY or (especially) the killer smashed the framed photos in a fit of rage, if so, the smashing (i know, just my speculation) of wedding photos seems very personal --- reminds me of ISP putting his wedding photos in the trash can --- speaks volumes to me.

mikesmom1989 said:
hi there ---- i rarely post, mostly lurk cause you guys are all amazing, great sluethers!!!! anyway, with that said, ive always wondered if there was a blowout fight / struggle right before the murder & possibly MY or (especially) the killer smashed the framed photos in a fit of rage, if so, the smashing (i know, just my speculation) of wedding photos seems very personal --- reminds me of ISP putting his wedding photos in the trash can --- speaks volumes to me.
Mikesmom - glad you stopped by and shared your thoughts. I think what you have speculated may be very possible. If so, it would speak volumes to me as well. Thanks and do come back!:clap:

It speaks volumes to me too Mikesmom. Good to see you again!

scandi said:
It speaks volumes to me too Mikesmom. Good to see you again!
thanks scandi & raisin --- ive now just read that cassdy is being kept away from MY family, ill hop over to that thread & weigh in cause i have really strong feelings on that .
happy& healthy new year to all !!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

Love reading the posts. Will try to post more and "lurk" less! :p

Kadie, Welcome to our forum. You're a Web Sleuther now! :innocent: I saw you here and meant to say Hi ~ :blushing: got too busy reading and watching that dern football :D Scandi

I just burst out laughing when I saw this thread. Wedding pictures on the wall? on the mantle? on the dresser? Try in a book carefully stored in the basements with other outdated photo albums ... in storage for that time when children want to see what it was all about. I'll have to read and learn to know where they would normally be placed.

otto said:
I just burst out laughing when I saw this thread. Wedding pictures on the wall? on the mantle? on the dresser? Try in a book carefully stored in the basements with other outdated photo albums ... in storage for that time when children want to see what it was all about. I'll have to read and learn to know where they would normally be placed.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it. :clap:

otto said:
I've only been married for a year...that's probably why I still have 3 photos in frames around my house.
I can see not having any wedding photos if you've been married for a long time and now have family photos w/ kids and grandkids.

My parents do not have any of their wedding photos out nor do my in-laws.

jilly said:
Hey Close!! Your son is pretty good! I have to agree with that! (Happy New Year by the way!).

Anyhoo - about my wedding photos - well it's been 25 yrs so over that time, the wedding photos were replaced with family so they went into an album. Right now I have one wp in the bedroom (just the 2 of us) on top of the entertainment cabinet at the foot of the bed.

Welcome Kadie! :)

HNY to you too jilly :blowkiss:

yeah, i thought that was pretty cool when my son said that...he knows i'm all into these murder cases, so he gave me his thoughts.....he also said it's doubtful this was done by a hitman....of course a lot of folks have mentioned the fact that a hitman would probably NOT bludgeon someone to death...

lol, while we were on the phone he got up & even double checked the house to see if there were any other wedding photos that he might have overlooked....he found it interesting too, that LE took 3 wedding photos...

Kadie said:
I've only been married for a year...that's probably why I still have 3 photos in frames around my house.
I can see not having any wedding photos if you've been married for a long time and now have family photos w/ kids and grandkids.

My parents do not have any of their wedding photos out nor do my in-laws.

I've been married 17 years and I am quite proud of my wife, boys, and the photos from day one and all in between. I have found no need to hide them in the basement. Have a good dy Kadie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10