GUILTY CO - Broncos player Darrent Williams, 24, shot to death, 1 Jan 2007

Dark Knight

Reaction score
DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning in downtown Denver 7News reported exclusively on its 5 a.m. newscast.

Denver Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said that police confirmed the fatal shooting involving Williams and said there was "incredible shock and sadness at a senseless tragedy."

Williams, 24, was riding in a limousine near 11th Avenue and Speer Boulevard just after 2 a.m. , when the shooting occurred. The shots came from another vehicle and two other people in the limo were also hit. Their conditions were not known.

More at link:

DK I started a thread too but have directed everyone to your's......

Horrible.....unbelievable!
He played his final game yesterday! So Sad!

More at DK's link.
xxxxxxxooo
mama :blowkiss:

DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver early this morning, police said.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said that a little after 2 a.m. Mountain time, the white Hummer limousine that Williams and two others were travelling in was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that came up alongside it.

He said all three people in the limousine were hit and taken to hospital, where Williams was pronounced dead.

The other victims, a male and a female, were not identified and their conditions are not immediately known.

Jackson said police continue to search for the suspects and are interviewing witnesses.
Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race. In that game, Williams had a sack, a forced fumble, and led the team with seven sacks.

If you were watching yesterdays game against the 49ers, Darrent had three tackles and returned two punts for 50 yards before leaving the game with a shoulder injury late in the second half. After the game he said he was planning to wait a few weeks before determining if he needed an operation.

xxxxxxxxoooo
mama

:blowkiss:

What a senseless tragedy! It seems no one is safe from random street violence. :(

fran

This is heartbreaking. As a HUGE Broncos fan, yesterday's loss doesn't compare to this tragedy.

For some unknown reason, I woke up at 3 AM today, couldn't fall back asleep. Turned on CNN and they announced Darrent's death.

Sad day.

fran said:
What a senseless tragedy! It seems no one is safe from random street violence. :(

fran
I doubt that it was random.

I read that he was at a party and there was an argument, but he wasn't specifically involved. This is just so sad.
frown.gif

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was fired on from a vehicle that pulled up along its side, police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. As many as a dozen bullet holes were visible on the driver's side of the vehicle. One window was blown out and four others had bullet holes.

Three people in the limo were hit and taken to St. Anthony Central Hospital, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

The Rocky Mountain News reported that wide receiver Javon Walker was one of the passengers but wasn't wounded. It was unclear how many people were in the limo.
Jackson said there was a dispute at a nightclub several blocks from the shooting where Williams and his group had attended a New Year's Eve party. He said the argument didn't specifically involve Williams, according to witnesses.

"Why this happened, we're not sure," Jackson said. "There was some confrontation between a group of people in the vehicle and a group at the nightclub."

Police were searching for a white Suburban or Tahoe they suspect was involved in the shooting. Jackson wouldn't identify any of the other passengers nor would he confirm whether any other Broncos players were in the vehicle at the time of the shooting, saying they were all witnesses
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9901619

'random violence',, LOL- yeah, right.
let's see........... drugs? or, somebody looked at somebody the wrong way?

There are so many gangster type people carrying guns now; not just guns; Tech-9 automatics, and other assault type guns. and the Police are way out-gunned.

reb said:
'random violence',, LOL- yeah, right.
let's see........... drugs? or, somebody looked at somebody the wrong way?
My feelings too, I question it especially when I read that he was planning on off time to have discussions about gangs in high schools (I wonder if he was involved in younger days or recently), it also said he had a tough childhood. He might have seen someone who was a previous enemy.

Betcha they find the culprits. Lots of 'eyes' in the limo, lets hope their reaction time was good enough to ID the shooting vehicle.

Local 'reliable' news stated that limo had quite a number of broncos in it, and would not release any names of occupants for fear of retribution.

Local 'reliable' news also said that Darrent Williams was named as a co host of one of two parties that were being held at the club.

Common local guess is that someone made a remark about how the Broncos played yesterday, that started the problem. But gee whiz how many people go to a club on New Years eve packing guns???

Buzz you are so right. Two of my sons are in LE.

Camper said:
Betcha they find the culprits. Lots of 'eyes' in the limo, lets hope their reaction time was good enough to ID the shooting vehicle.

Local 'reliable' news stated that limo had quite a number of broncos in it, and would not release any names of occupants for fear of retribution.

Local 'reliable' news also said that Darrent Williams was named as a co host of one of two parties that were being held at the club.

Common local guess is that someone made a remark about how the Broncos played yesterday, that started the problem. But gee whiz how many people go to a club on New Years eve packing guns???

Buzz you are so right. Two of my sons are in LE.

well they did release oneother name:
The Rocky Mountain News reported that wide receiver Javon Walker was one of the passengers but wasn't wounded. It was unclear how many people were in the limo.

JBean said:
well they did release oneother name:
There were lots of people at that party that knew who they were getting into it with. Now if only a few of them will be brave enough to step forward--a very dangerous thing to do.

Not long ago they eliminated the main witness in a major gang multiple murder in San Francisco--just went into the place where he worked and blew him, and one, or two, of his co-workers away; and I think maybe another member of his family. The DA had to drop the charges.

In the last decade or so, it seems that pro sports, MTV (music videos), radio airwaves Record labels), ect., have been dominated by gangbangers and ones associated with them.

<In the last decade or so, it seems that pro sports, MTV (music videos), radio airwaves Record labels), ect., have been dominated by gangbangers and ones associated with them.>

exactly,, but do you see another connection here?? one that we're not allowed to talk about openly, in this so-called "free" country of ours... they are free to be gangstas but we are not free to point it out or discuss the 'connecting factor' here... or express the fact that we are fed up with it. how strange.

reb said:
<In the last decade or so, it seems that pro sports, MTV (music videos), radio airwaves Record labels), ect., have been dominated by gangbangers and ones associated with them.>

exactly,, but do you see another connection here?? one that we're not allowed to talk about openly, in this so-called "free" country of ours... they are free to be gangstas but we are not free to point it out or discuss the 'connecting factor' here... or express the fact that we are fed up with it. how strange.

reb....clue me in here. What do you feel you are not allowed to talk about openly? What is the "connecting factor" that you say you are not free to point out or discuss? What are you fed up with?

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding.....Your post is very cryptic to me. But I'm also nursing the tail end of a hangover so maybe it's just me??

well, who makes up the majority of 'gangbangers' in sports, music (think rap), etc... who has brought most of the violence into modern entertainment culture?? it's sad, what things have come to. so may years of fighting for civil rights for all, and now it's come down to this.. just violence, celebrating and glorifying violence, wretched excess, and more violence. but please don't blame me (the messenger), blame the perpetrators-- i'm just pointing out a problem, that no one wants to talk about (just me, bill cosby, and a few brave others.. lol) how far is it going to go, how much are people going to tolerate, until something is done? what can be done?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back