Patsy's Cocktails at the White's Party.....

Ames

Reaction score
In one of Patsy's interviews, she was asked to take the interviewer through the steps that her family went through at the White's party, beginning when they first arrived. Patsy stated that they had some Cocktails....I personally would love to know, just how many of these cocktails she had. I asked this same question over at the Court tv board, and got slammed, because a poster thought that I was calling Patsy a drunk. I have no idea where they came up with that idea....I am just curious as to if she may have been a little "tipsy" when they arrived home. She went on to state, in her interview, that she couldn't drink alcohol anymore, because it interfered with her antidepressants. I will provide a link if needed.

trixie said:
She said in one of her interviews, not sure which one, that she had one or two glasses of wine. :)

Thanks!

Nuisanceposter said:
And considering how Patsy was so fond of downplaying anything that might make her look bad, she'd probably had more than she'd admit to.

Yep, thats my thoughts too! Her one or two, would probably be more like five or six....who knows? I mean really, does anyone think that she is going to give an honest answer when it came to how many cocktails she had? She wasn't even sure if it was ONE or if it was TWO.

Ames said:
Yep, thats my thoughts too! Her one or two, would probably be more like five or six....who knows? I mean really, does anyone think that she is going to give an honest answer when it came to how many cocktails she had? She wasn't even sure if it was ONE or if it was TWO.
Sorry, but I don't find it all that earth-shattering that she wouldn't remember if she had two drinks max at a party a few months or so ago.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
Sorry, but I don't find it all that earth-shattering that she wouldn't remember if she had two drinks max at a party a few months or so ago.

-Tea
Even if she did remember, do you think that she would tell the interviewer. Just like when a cop or Highway patrolman pulls you over....you ALWAYS tell them that you had one drink, when they ask how many you had....you never tell them...10 or 11. (I have never had that happen to me, but see it all the time on COPS! :) )

Ames said:
Even if she did remember, do you think that she would tell the interviewer. Just like when a cop or Highway patrolman pulls you over....you ALWAYS tell them that you had one drink, when they ask how many you had....you never tell them...10 or 11. (I have never had that happen to me, but see it all the time on COPS! :) )
I just don't see Patsy as having had any more than two drinks, if that. And I was pulled over a couple of years ago for a burnt out headlight, which I hadn't noticed. When the officer asked me if I had anything to drink, I told him I had a beer, a soda, and some chicken strips, which was the truth. If I had 10 or 11 drinks, I'd be passed out on the restaurant floor.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
I just don't see Patsy as having had any more than two drinks, if that. And I was pulled over a couple of years ago for a burnt out headlight, which I hadn't noticed. When the officer asked me if I had anything to drink, I told him I had a beer, a soda, and some chicken strips, which was the truth. If I had 10 or 11 drinks, I'd be passed out on the restaurant floor.

-Tea
LOL 10 or 11 was an exaggeration (that word isn't spelled right...I don't think. But, you know what I mean). It really doesn't matter anyway, even if she had two..it would have seemed like more if she wasn't used to drinking, or was taking a medication that didn't mix well with alcohol. My point is, that I believe that she was somewhat inebriated (don't know if thats spelled right or not, its too early for me), and it impaired her judgement. Thats all I am saying....

Ames said:
LOL 10 or 11 was an exaggeration (that word isn't spelled right...I don't think. But, you know what I mean). It really doesn't matter anyway, even if she had two..it would have seemed like more if she wasn't used to drinking, or was taking a medication that didn't mix well with alcohol. My point is, that I believe that she was somewhat inebriated (don't know if thats spelled right or not, its too early for me), and it impaired her judgement. Thats all I am saying....
Ames personally I think your really close when you say any alcohol if mixed with medications. But I can't wait till one day Patsy's full medical records could be disclosed so we have a fuller more complete pictures of medications and why it was she was placed on them. I have offered an opinion before where those who knew her said she was controlling yet had no real control. Like in the back rooms of the home it was choas. She could be so sweet as to charm the honeysuckle clean off the vine one moment and was capable of breathing fire the next moment if appeared like she was not in control or getting her own way. The bathroom yelling with JonBenet is right on the money for what my thoughts are. If thats the case and it is my opinion that I am not wrong on this....then the holidays themselves with all the pressure for perfection that Patsy placed on them in addition to alcohol etc.....well it is a recipe for disaster. JMHO

Ames said:
In one of Patsy's interviews, she was asked to take the interviewer through the steps that her family went through at the White's party, beginning when they first arrived. Patsy stated that they had some Cocktails....I personally would love to know, just how many of these cocktails she had. I asked this same question over at the Court tv board, and got slammed, because a poster thought that I was calling Patsy a drunk. I have no idea where they came up with that idea....I am just curious as to if she may have been a little "tipsy" when they arrived home. She went on to state, in her interview, that she couldn't drink alcohol anymore, because it interfered with her antidepressants. I will provide a link if needed.
I do not doubt Patsy had one or two cocktails at the White's party. Who wouldn't? I'm sure she wanted to relax and enjoy herself. She was probably exhausted from the holidays. That being said, I think the one, two or three cocktails were only a somewhat small ingredient in what truly became the Perfect Storm that night leading to a horrible rage incident.

Perfect Storm =

- Turning 40
- Cancer Survivor
- Type A Personality - Having to constantly appear perfect
- Too Many pageants (past and upcoming)
- Exhaustion from elaborate holiday preparation without help from John
- Probably pissed at daughter already feeling angry at rejection of Xmas doll and refusal to dress like Mommy for party
- after a couple of drinks, simply tired and wanting to go to bed but not being able to due to trip to Michigan, whining daughter, etc

I'm sure there are many more. I see it as the moment when Patsy truly snapped with horrible, horrible consequences.

Veronica10 said:
I do not doubt Patsy had one or two cocktails at the White's party. Who wouldn't? I'm sure she wanted to relax and enjoy herself. She was probably exhausted from the holidays. That being said, I think the one, two or three cocktails were only a somewhat small ingredient in what truly became the Perfect Storm that night leading to a horrible rage incident.

Perfect Storm =

- Turning 40
- Cancer Survivor
- Probably pissed at daughter already feeling angry at rejection of Xmas doll and refusal to dress like Mommy for party
- after a couple of drinks, simply tired and wanting to go to bed but not being able to due to trip to Michigan, whining daughter, etc

I'm sure there are many more. I see it as the moment when Patsy truly snapped with horrible, horrible consequences.
Veronica, What is the rejection of the Christmas doll. Is this the large doll that Patsy wrapped in the basement, the same one that she said she looked at when placing it in the box and pictured JonBenet in a coffin?:cool:

Solace,

I should have been clearer...I was referring to the doll that Patsy gave JonBenet on Xmas morning. I think it was a sort of "My Twin" type doll specially ordered by Patsy to look like JBR. Patsy was very excited to have her open it. JBR was not impressed and set it aside remarking that she didn't really think it looked like her.

Also, Solace,

i think Patsy did refer to the doll in DOI as reminding her of JBR in a coffin (doll inside the box). She was wrapping the doll before Christmas I think. Maybe she was having a premonition.

Veronica10 said:

Perfect Storm =

- Turning 40
- Cancer Survivor

I totally agree with you...I do not think that it was JUST the alcohol...but the mixture of the alcohol WITH all that you mentioned above AND possibly meds.

Veronica10 said:
Solace,

I should have been clearer...I was referring to the doll that Patsy gave JonBenet on Xmas morning. I think it was a sort of "My Twin" type doll specially ordered by Patsy to look like JBR. Patsy was very excited to have her open it. JBR was not impressed and set it aside remarking that she didn't really think it looked like her.
Yep, and those dolls aren't cheap!!

Veronica10 said:
Also, Solace,

i think Patsy did refer to the doll in DOI as reminding her of JBR in a coffin (doll inside the box). She was wrapping the doll before Christmas I think. Maybe she was having a premonition.
I really thought that this was an odd thing to say.

Ames said:
I totally agree with you...I do not think that it was JUST the alcohol...but the mixture of the alcohol WITH all that you mentioned above AND possibly meds.
I agree with all but the type A personality. I think there were more issues than just type A. JMO.

Veronica10 said:
She did,and I thought it odd that JR states "Patsy specifically wanted the My Twinn doll under the Christmas tree...",when Pam went to retrive items from the house. (maybe it wasn't under the tree and that's a clue?)Esp. since JB didn't really like the doll,and PR pictured her in a coffin b/f she brought it up from the basement.

Does anyone think it's a clue in ST's book when he says PR wanted to get well again in order to keep the "blond ***** " down the st from getting JR? IOW,did PR have too much to drink(combined w. meds maybe) and saw JR w/ JB and thought it was her? A hallucination or paranoia of sorts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back