1081 users online (269 members and 812 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Police Taser 14-Foot Florida Python

Police Taser 14-Foot Python to Save Handler

TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. (Dec. 13) - A 14-foot python bit its handler and tried to drag her into its cage during a show at an aquarium, and wouldn't release the woman until a police officer zapped the reptile with a stun gun.

Alison Cobianchi, 18, was taking Chloe, a Burmese python, out of her cage for the daily snake presentation Saturday at the Tarpon Springs Aquarium when the snake wrapped itself around her arm and waist.

Visitors and aquarium employees kept the nonvenomous snake from pulling Cobianchi into the cage, but couldn't make it release its grip.

Police were called to help. "We either had to Taser it or we would have had to kill it," police Sgt. Allen MacKenzie said.

Cobianchi suffered puncture wounds on her wrist.

"It was definitely the most scary and painful thing that has ever happened to me," she said. "I knew I wasn't going to die, but I was worried I wouldn't get my hand back."

http://news.aol.com/strange/story/_a...990001?cid=936

Bet the attendees never forget THAT snake presentation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheromom
    Bet the attendees never forget THAT snake presentation!!
    So many python stories coming out of Florida these days. I think Florida is the only state with a python population in the wild (the Everglades). Then there are the Giant African rats. All of these added tourist attractions.

So a python nearly took off this woman's hand and she's a trainer!--and yet people have these things as pets! I'll never understand that why someone would want something like this just to keep around the house yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    So many python stories coming out of Florida these days. I think Florida is the only state with a python population in the wild (the Everglades). Then there are the Giant African rats. All of these added tourist attractions.
    Ahhhhhhhh.........I think I will on my half of the states- ; not much is poisonous where I live. How big are these rats?

Well, I think I have finally found a use for tasers that I agree with!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    So a python nearly took off this woman's hand and she's a trainer!--and yet people have these things as pets! I'll never understand that why someone would want something like this just to keep around the house yikes
    I understand the wanting to - but I can't understand the actually doing it. I have snakes as pets - but I only have the variety that grow to the size I can handle and no larger. Angus is my largest at 6 feet. If he wraps around me and squeezes, he's still the right size to unwrap myself with no problems. Anything bigger than that is a NO WAY, no matter how much my daughter complains.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    It would be nice if the pythons would eat the rats and the gators would eat the pythons. But I have heard the pythons are trying to eat the gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    It would be nice if the pythons would eat the rats and the gators would eat the pythons. But I have heard the pythons are trying to eat the gators!
    Tried. Yes. Failed miserably, though. Grousome.

I took my kid to the neurology department at Shands Hospital in Gainesville yesterday and we saw a huge framed photograph of Paines Prarie (BEAUTIFUL preserve) that was taken at dusk, near Gainesville. The lighting shone white on all the gator eyeballs in the swamp and I swear it was gators as far as the eye could see.

I won't be kayaking in Paines Prarie Swamp anytime soon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    I understand the wanting to - but I can't understand the actually doing it. I have snakes as pets - but I only have the variety that grow to the size I can handle and no larger. Angus is my largest at 6 feet. If he wraps around me and squeezes, he's still the right size to unwrap myself with no problems. Anything bigger than that is a NO WAY, no matter how much my daughter complains.
    I have a picture of my daughter, when she was FOUR years old with a 70 pound albino python wrapped around her several times and she is holding its head and grinning so proudly!!!! LOL; it is STILL one of her favorite pics. Here is a picture of the snake; I'm afraid to put her pic on the internet but as you can see, the snake is a biggie!
    Last edited by Sheromom; 01-03-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Add pic

I have a picture of my daughter, when she was FOUR years old with a 70 pound albino snake wrapped around her several times and she is holding its head and grinning so proudly!!!! LOL; it is STILL one of her favorite pics.
    http://00454d2.netsolhost.com/barbar...onnapython.jpg

Yep. My kid, too. :-) I think this one was 18 feet. I was skeptical that it was alive until it raised it's head to "sniff" me with it's tounge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

LOL; that is one awesome picture!!! I LOVE it!

LOL; that is one awesome picture!!! I LOVE it!
    Thanks. :-) I have one of her feeding a baby white tiger with a bottle - little did I know that that same day, that famous guy was attacked by his full grown white tiger and when I showed the picture to my mother that next day - she FREAKED. *snicker* It was SO hard not to grin.

LOL; life would mighty boring if we never did the unusual! Sounds like you have an awesome daughter.

LOL; life would mighty boring if we never did the unusual! Sounds like you have an awesome daughter.
    We both do. :-)

I see my Mom's boring life and it motivates me to actually PLAN unusual stuff so I don't end up boring like her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast