GUILTY PA - Elaine Pierson, 48, Perry County, 27 Dec 2006

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
NEWPORT, Pa. - Authorities are seeking information on a woman who has been missing for six days.

Elaine Marie Pierson, 48, of Rye Township, Perry County, was reported missing by friends and relatives, according to a state police report. Police said the last known contact with Pierson occurred on the evening of Dec. 27.

Police describe Pierson as a white female, 5-feet-5, with brown hair, brown eyes and a medium-athletic build.

Anyone with information concerning Pierson is asked to contact state police.

Link: Authorities seek information on missing Perry County woman

Link: Missing woman - CBS 21.

I am hoping and praying for her, and for her family and friends too. I hope they find her.

LionRun

Omgoodness, she only went to check out a noise. I wish she had kept talking with her friend while she did that. I didn't quit understand if her automobile was still there.
Prayers she's safe someplace.

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2007/01/10/news/news807.txt

Police say Rochelle K. Laudenslager, 45, was among searchers who found Pierson’s body Saturday in a wooded area of Rye Township about three miles from her home on Trout Lane.

Authorities and volunteers spent two days last week searching 1,000 acres of wooded land near Pierson’s home, but didn’t venture to where friends continued their search independently about 11:30 a.m. Saturday.

When I first read this I thought if she heard a noise and went outside to see what it was and didn't let the dog out with her ,I thought she may have suspected a bear . But they are hibrinating.
It has been warmer than usual.

This is awful.

<H1 class=red>Probe shifts to woman's workplace

</H1>Warrant is 5th since Rye Twp. resident's slaying

Friday, January 12, 2007 BY CHRIS A. COUROGEN

Of The Patriot-News
Police are now looking at the work computer, software and other items belonging to a woman whose attorney acknowledges is a focus of the investigation into the slaying of Elaine Pierson.

State police obtained a search warrant from Cumberland County Court on Tuesday for items at Highmark Inc.'s East Pennsboro Twp.'s offices involving Rochelle Laudenslager, 45, of Lower Paxton Twp., or Pierson.

Laudenslager is Highmark's Director of Western Regional Professional Services. She is on a leave of absence

more at link: http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1168573216234200.xml&coll=1

Laudenslager's mother previously said her daughter was involved about four years ago in a relationship with Pierson.

That explains a LOT. Someone got JEALOUS....

Wow. The suspect is one scary woman. She clocked her sister upside her head with a frying pan, then was admitted to a mental health facility with "major psychiatric issues" per one of the links. Now she's been arrested for this murder after "finding" the victim. I wonder if she wanted her found due to remorse or a desire for bragging rights.

I'm a major advocate for the humane treatment of people suffering from mental illness, but in this case, I hope this woman doesn't use an insanity defense. Most people with MI are not violent toward others, only themselves.

FFWifey said:
Wow. The suspect is one scary woman. She clocked her sister upside her head with a frying pan, then was admitted to a mental health facility with "major psychiatric issues" per one of the links. Now she's been arrested for this murder after "finding" the victim. I wonder if she wanted her found due to remorse or a desire for bragging rights.

I'm a major advocate for the humane treatment of people suffering from mental illness, but in this case, I hope this woman doesn't use an insanity defense. Most people with MI are not violent toward others, only themselves.

It scared me just looking at that woman's picture. I'm really serious. She is really scary. It was said that the two women had a relationship 4 yrs ago. I wonder why this woman decided to kill Elaine now?

If this woman had documented mental health isssues she probably will use it as a defense at trial. What is MI?

Bobbisangel said:
~snip~ What is MI?
Just my shorthand for mental illness. Sometimes I get lazy about typing a long phrase over and over, so I make my own abbreviation. Sorry to confuse you!

Here is the link with the details of the arrest, etc.....

http://www.pennlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1171598130298621.xml?pennnews&coll=1

Rochelle K. Laudenslager had to *advertiser censored* the gun each of the four times she fired a commemorative Colt Frontier Scout .22-caliber revolver at Elaine Pierson, state police said.
She was standing so close to Pierson when she fired the family heirloom at her former lover that Pierson's blood was found inside the barrel, arrest records state.

Another one....

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2007/02/17/news/news274.prt

news274-1.jpg
news274-3.jpg

Rochelle Laudenslager

I live about 7 miles from where this occured and had worked at the same company as the alleged killer.

They said on the news (sorry I can't find the link at the moment) that the gun used in the crime was found in Laudenslager's Mother's attic...under some insulation. Not only had it been recently fired, the gun had been in such a close proximity to Pierson when it was fired that blood splatter was found INSIDE the gun barrel. They also reported that she had been shot in the eye, hand, chest and one other (undisclosed) area.

I cannot fathom how someone could do it. Or how she had the unmitigated gall to show up for the search party, not just any search party, but the one searching the area in which the body was discarded.

sneezy said:
. . .Or how she had the unmitigated gall to show up for the search party, not just any search party, but the one searching the area in which the body was discarded.
Thats not gall that's an effort to cover ones self. If you find the body you can always say that any hair, fingerprint, fiber or even some sorts of DNA evidence found at the scene which connects you to where the body was found was just a result of you having been at the search yourself and having perhaps even having found the body yourself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back