02-01-2004, 10:53 AM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Fish fights flames, avoids fry, saves Minnesota school
EAGAN, Minn. (AP) - A smoke alarm summoned firefighters to a school in the middle of the night, but when they arrived the flames already had been put out. Dory took care of it.
Dory is a fish, a Betta kept in a vase on a desk in a third-grade classroom at Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran School.
A forgotten candle started a small fire on the desk on Jan. 24, setting off the smoke alarm and shattering the fish bowl, spilling enough water to put out the flames.
Firefighters found a few embers still glowing on the desk - and Dory still alive in a puddle.
Story from CNEWS