Pat Robertson predicts giant terror attack

2sisters said:
Pat Robertson claims God has spoken to him concerning a terrorist attack. Why on earth would God pick this weiner to speak to out of all the people on this planet.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240841,00.html
Made me laugh right out loud on that one, 2sis!

I wonder if Falwell is jealous that he didn't get picked?
biggrin.gif

Oh boy, he's way late checking his voicemail from God. Sounds like a warning about 9/11.

Robertson says God tells him things, yet later he takes credit by stating that he has a "relatively good track record".

So which is it?

BTW, I thought man was not supposed to predict the future.

mfmangel1 said:
Robertson says God tells him things, yet later he takes credit by stating that he has a "relatively good track record".

So which is it?

BTW, I thought man was not supposed to predict the future.
I think it is mentioned in the bible somewhere that no man knows the future of things like that, but I am not a bible buff. Maybe another WSer can help.

2sisters said:
I think it is mentioned in the bible somewhere that no man knows the future of things like that, but I am not a bible buff. Maybe another WSer can help.
I think it is Robertson predicting the future.

If it were God's word to him, God's word would have to be 100% correct. As christians, that is what we believe.

Robertson himself states he only has a relatively good track record.

That's what I find odd about his predictions!

Perhaps he misunderstood some of the messages.:waitasec:

Spare me.

Like there's not going to be another terrorist attack somewhere.

and *i* predict he's going to rip off a lot more ignorant (and vulnerable) people this year,, spread a whole lot more BS all over the airwaves, and get some more work done on his face.

Pat really has no imagination--at least Oral Roberts said he spoke to Jesus and that Jesus was 900 feet tall

I think pretty much anyone could safely say there will be another big terror attack somewhere. At this point it may be unavoidable.

That's sort of like predicting that there will be a World Series, but not telling us who will be in it and who will win. No real magic there, is there?

He's a nut. Too bad his "followers" don't realse it.

2sisters said:
Pat Robertson claims God has spoken to him concerning a terrorist attack. Why on earth would God pick this weiner to speak to out of all the people on this planet.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240841,00.html
I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says. A broken clock is right twice a day. These predictions are wrong about 50% of the time. It amounts to not much. Might happen and then he will say he had a direct pipeline into God.

I always loved the scene in the movie "Oh God" where George Burns, as God, was speaking to John Denver. He said something like "and tell those idiots who keep saying all the time that they are talking to ME to knock it off!"

Robertson and Falwell are both lunatics ......IMHO.

He is confussing God with Larry King and George Burns (They sorta resemble each other). He must have watched Larry King and the movie "Oh, God!" before going to bed recently and had a dream.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

What's funny is how all you people are talking about him, which is basically what he wants, free publicity. He says something knowing that people will talk about it, and sure enough, here you are doing just that. Just ignore him like I do. He really isn't that interesting, lol.

Who was the TV evangelist that claimed God would strike him down if he didn't raise some outrageous sum of money? It's so incredibly sad that the people who fall for this BS are those who can least afford it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back