1080 users online (240 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Samnang Kok, 17, shot to death at Tacoma high school, 3 Jan 2007

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police said one person was shot this morning inside Foss High School.

School officials told KOMO-TV one student was transported to a hospital, but they had no details about his or her injuries.

"People came out of the classrooms and they heard something that sounded like fireworks and they just saw the kid laying on the ground," one female student told KOMO-TV. "We just got into the closest classroom we could find and just stayed there until we heard anything."

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10661717/detail.html

Cops: Students Evacuated After Person Shot in Washington State High School

TACOMA, Wash. One person was shot Wednesday morning at a Tacoma public high school, police said as they evacuated students from the building.

It wasn't immediately clear what had happened or if the shooter was still inside the building, said police spokesman Mark Fulghum.

He said police responded to Foss High School shortly after the 7:30 a.m. shooting and were evacuating students. Some students have contacted a local radio station and said they are in lockdown in the school's gym.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241039,00.html

Oh my; I have a friend who lives in Tacoma with a grandson in High School. I'm sure they have more than one High School but now I'm worried. WHY does this world have to be so crazy?!

Fox's website says that the student was killed, but didn't offer any more details, as it was "breaking."

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Fox News reported that the student died on the way to the hospital. I think they said the student was 16 years old.

Also said there was supposed to be a news conference upcoming.

Sheromom, here's hoping your friend's grandson is okay.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Fox News Channel just reported that the shooter, who had been on the run, is now in custody.

Student shot to death at Washington State School

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16453451/

Gosh, Washington has had alot of bad shootings.
    Last edited by Marthatex; 01-03-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: clarify "state"

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16453451/

Gosh, Washington has had alot of bad shootings.
    I just heard this on the news. It makes me afraid to even send my daughter to school every morning.

It's so so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth
    I just heard this on the news. It makes me afraid to even send my daughter to school every morning.

It's so so sad.
    I know the feeling. This was evidently outside the door, tho' so even a metal detector would do no good? I wonder if there were any security officers at that school.

There's always a squad car parked outside my son's middle school. This morning I asked him if there was really a cop there or just a car and he assured me that there is indeed a cop attached to the car. I couldn't imagine dropping him off only to hear that there had been a shooting. Something needs to be done about these school shootings - and fast. This is tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Fox News reported that the student died on the way to the hospital. I think they said the student was 16 years old.

Also said there was supposed to be a news conference upcoming.

Sheromom, here's hoping your friend's grandson is okay.
    Thanks, Liz; he actually goes to a different high school. This is way too close to home for me! Why are even the children so violent nowadays? I can't understand it!

Surprise Surprise.

And we're 3 days in to the new year.

Wonder how many more kids will get killed before the States chooses to look at it's gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    There's always a squad car parked outside my son's middle school. This morning I asked him if there was really a cop there or just a car and he assured me that there is indeed a cop attached to the car. I couldn't imagine dropping him off only to hear that there had been a shooting. Something needs to be done about these school shootings - and fast. This is tragic.
    I agree.. I don't know why we are letting this get so out of hand..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

****s, ****s, and more ****s.

THe 17 year old victim was a father? Lordy. I'd be afraid to send my kids to school for that fact alone! It's not a safe place for them to learn anything anymore.

I am all for training and arming teachers and I'm not kidding. If this sparks a gun law hub bub I'm going to be ticked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast