1124 users online (232 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Free HB Copy of DOI:

Just going through my bookshelves and have discovered I have two hardback copies of DOI. Was planning to get rid of one. If anyone wants it, I will mail it to the first person to PM me.

Mods ~ sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. Feel free to move it.

Sincerely,

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by angarella
    Just going through my bookshelves and have discovered I have two hardback copies of DOI. Was planning to get rid of one. If anyone wants it, I will mail it to the first person to PM me.

Mods ~ sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. Feel free to move it.

Sincerely,

Angela
    I doubt you'll have too many people pm'ing you Angarella, it's such complete crap.
    Still, it's good to have if you are a follower of the case, if nothing else but to poo poo it.

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    I doubt you'll have too many people pm'ing you Angarella, it's such complete crap.
    Still, it's good to have if you are a follower of the case, if nothing else but to poo poo it.
    I agree . Ive got a copy that has collected so much dust, im not really sure why I keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by cynpat2000
    I agree . Ive got a copy that has collected so much dust, im not really sure why I keep it.
    Hi Cynpat,
    I got given a copy but haven't finished reading it yet, I would never have bought it.

Like the pink btw

It's worth a read,IMO.The more ppl talk,the more they tend to give themselves away,and I think the book has a lot of clues in it.Like when JR says only the strength of a man could cause JB's head injury..IMO ,that's a clue that a man *didn't cause it.He wouldn't want to implicate himself,so he's covering for PR,IMO.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    It's worth a read,IMO.The more ppl talk,the more they tend to give themselves away,and I think the book has a lot of clues in it.Like when JR says only the strength of a man could cause JB's head injury..IMO ,that's a clue that a man *didn't cause it.He wouldn't want to implicate himself,so he's covering for PR,IMO.
    You could have a very valid point there.

I think DOI is filled with subtle clues.

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me

-Tea
    Yes icedtea4me. I think so too. Thank you Angela for the donation! If no one wants it, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me

-Tea
    here's another? p. 162,PR (2nd paragraph,pprback):

"Although we could find no visible indication of it,we worried that our bedroom at the Stines' might be bugged.If so,all the police or media could possibly have overheard was the sound of crying and the dull drone of the white-noise machine Susan had put there to lull us to sleep."

That makes me wonder if it was indeed bugged,as they seem to be 'explaining' any possible sounds that might have been heard.
    Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?

edited to add: I took that to mean there were likely some pretty heavy-duty conversations that took place in that room (?)
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?"

J, I read where the R's say that Burke was asleep. Do you have the link where the R's change their story and say he was awake during the 911 call? I just heard about that the other day, and I would really like to read what the Ramseys said. Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    "Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?"

J, I read where the R's say that Burke was asleep. Do you have the link where the R's change their story and say he was awake during the 911 call? I just heard about that the other day, and I would really like to read what the Ramseys said. Thanks much.
    Sorry,I don't,as I don't generally keep links.Does anyone have that one?I think it was in the National Enquirer where they admitted it?
    something to ponder:

Found it:
    www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

If you hit the first link there,I agree with that poster,how would they know Burke had tears in his eyes (if they didn't see him???).JR's description of BR being upset sounds like he HAD to have seen him,not that they 'didn't know he was awake' but found out later he was. (remember,they never admitted he got up out of bed...just that he was awake and they didn't know it).
    something to ponder:

Found it:
    www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

If you hit the first link there,I agree with that poster,how would they know Burke had tears in his eyes (if they didn't see him???).JR's description of BR being upset sounds like he HAD to have seen him,not that they 'didn't know he was awake' but found out later he was. (remember,they never admitted he got up out of bed...just that he was awake and they didn't know it).
    JM, Thank you so kindly for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by LionRun
    JM, Thank you so kindly for the link!
    YW !
    something to ponder:

We shouldn't discard any first hand accounts of the case. I've got all of the books which have been written by authors who had either first hand involvement or who at least had the benefit of interviewing those who did.

I haven't read Hodges or the Rev Walkers.

Incidentally, the Linda McLean book is advertised on Amazon at some ridiculously high price. It has a lot of nice photos in it.

I believe there is a market for a new, up to date book about the case and I'd like a good writer like Alan Prendergast to write it. He is critical of the investigation but he checks his facts.

I'd also like to see a campagn for Mary Lacy to clear up some of the case myths. I think it's the least she could do after her bungling of 2006.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast