Free HB Copy of DOI:

angarella

A thousand miles from nowhere.....
Reaction score
Just going through my bookshelves and have discovered I have two hardback copies of DOI. Was planning to get rid of one. If anyone wants it, I will mail it to the first person to PM me.

Mods ~ sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. Feel free to move it.

Sincerely,

Angela

angarella said:
Just going through my bookshelves and have discovered I have two hardback copies of DOI. Was planning to get rid of one. If anyone wants it, I will mail it to the first person to PM me.

Mods ~ sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. Feel free to move it.

Sincerely,

Angela
I doubt you'll have too many people pm'ing you Angarella, it's such complete crap.
Still, it's good to have if you are a follower of the case, if nothing else but to poo poo it.

narlacat said:
I doubt you'll have too many people pm'ing you Angarella, it's such complete crap.
Still, it's good to have if you are a follower of the case, if nothing else but to poo poo it.
I agree . Ive got a copy that has collected so much dust, im not really sure why I keep it.

cynpat2000 said:
I agree . Ive got a copy that has collected so much dust, im not really sure why I keep it.
Hi Cynpat,
I got given a copy but haven't finished reading it yet, I would never have bought it.

Like the pink btw :D

It's worth a read,IMO.The more ppl talk,the more they tend to give themselves away,and I think the book has a lot of clues in it.Like when JR says only the strength of a man could cause JB's head injury..IMO ,that's a clue that a man *didn't cause it.He wouldn't want to implicate himself,so he's covering for PR,IMO.

JMO8778 said:
It's worth a read,IMO.The more ppl talk,the more they tend to give themselves away,and I think the book has a lot of clues in it.Like when JR says only the strength of a man could cause JB's head injury..IMO ,that's a clue that a man *didn't cause it.He wouldn't want to implicate himself,so he's covering for PR,IMO.
You could have a very valid point there.

JMO8778 said:
I think DOI is filled with subtle clues.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:

-Tea
Yes icedtea4me. I think so too. Thank you Angela for the donation! If no one wants it, I do.

icedtea4me said:

-Tea
here's another? p. 162,PR (2nd paragraph,pprback):

"Although we could find no visible indication of it,we worried that our bedroom at the Stines' might be bugged.If so,all the police or media could possibly have overheard was the sound of crying and the dull drone of the white-noise machine Susan had put there to lull us to sleep."

That makes me wonder if it was indeed bugged,as they seem to be 'explaining' any possible sounds that might have been heard.
Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?

edited to add: I took that to mean there were likely some pretty heavy-duty conversations that took place in that room (?)

"Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?"

J, I read where the R's say that Burke was asleep. Do you have the link where the R's change their story and say he was awake during the 911 call? I just heard about that the other day, and I would really like to read what the Ramseys said. Thanks much.

LionRun said:
"Sort of like the 911 call tape they got caught on and later admitted BR was awake?"

J, I read where the R's say that Burke was asleep. Do you have the link where the R's change their story and say he was awake during the 911 call? I just heard about that the other day, and I would really like to read what the Ramseys said. Thanks much.
Sorry,I don't,as I don't generally keep links.Does anyone have that one?I think it was in the National Enquirer where they admitted it?

Found it:
www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

If you hit the first link there,I agree with that poster,how would they know Burke had tears in his eyes (if they didn't see him???).JR's description of BR being upset sounds like he HAD to have seen him,not that they 'didn't know he was awake' but found out later he was. (remember,they never admitted he got up out of bed...just that he was awake and they didn't know it).

JMO8778 said:
Found it:
www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

If you hit the first link there,I agree with that poster,how would they know Burke had tears in his eyes (if they didn't see him???).JR's description of BR being upset sounds like he HAD to have seen him,not that they 'didn't know he was awake' but found out later he was. (remember,they never admitted he got up out of bed...just that he was awake and they didn't know it).
JM, Thank you so kindly for the link!

We shouldn't discard any first hand accounts of the case. I've got all of the books which have been written by authors who had either first hand involvement or who at least had the benefit of interviewing those who did.

I haven't read Hodges or the Rev Walkers.

Incidentally, the Linda McLean book is advertised on Amazon at some ridiculously high price. It has a lot of nice photos in it.

I believe there is a market for a new, up to date book about the case and I'd like a good writer like Alan Prendergast to write it. He is critical of the investigation but he checks his facts.

I'd also like to see a campagn for Mary Lacy to clear up some of the case myths. I think it's the least she could do after her bungling of 2006.

I actually had six people want the book. The first to PM was Lion Run, so that is the winner. I left my copy of PMPT in Mexico. :doh: Wish I still had it.

I have been obsessed with this case like everyone else since it happened. I read here all of the time, just don't post about it much. Nothing new to add.

Cheers!

Angela

Thank you again Angela for the book. I am trying to obtain as much info about this case as I can. I am starting by trying to obtain the facts of the case first and working my way from there. I agree that reading every book in a addition to reading everything else about the case can give insight. Clues can be interpreted in all material involving the case.

icedtea4me said:

-Tea
Yes, it is- but read here long enough and you won't have to read the book to find them lol.

After I found out the title meant the death of their innocence and not their daughter's, I haven't had much inclination to read the Ramsey's book.
That was enough for me, unbelievable.

narlacat said:
After I found out the title meant the death of their innocence and not their daughter's, I haven't had much inclination to read the Ramsey's book.
I think it can be seen as a dual message, narlacat.

-Tea

narlacat said:
Yes, it is- but read here long enough and you won't have to read the book to find them lol.

I always felt that SNOOTY look PR has on her face on the cover was meant just for Steve Thomas...aimed directly at him as a matter of fact.JR looks pretty somber,but PR's expression seem to have much more emotion in it..a 'how dare you say I murdered my daughter!' look.And a 'I wrote this great book just to refute you and show the world how wonderful I am',expression.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back