1073 users online (236 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Commuter Saves Man on Subway Tracks

What a hero! So nice to read stories like this! In a world where most people seem to be so selfish and self-serving most times, it's nice to read there are still some truely good people that put others first. Cheers to him!

Excerpt from article, whole story at link below:

The teenager had a medical problem Tuesday and tumbled onto the tracks at a station in northern Manhattan, police said.

Autrey, waiting with his two young daughters, jumped down and rolled with the young man into the trough between the rails as a southbound train came into the station.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

I just saw this on TV. This guy can truly be called a hero. There was about two inches of clearance between the top of the bodies of the two men combined and the bottom of the train.

Another article where he talks about what he did
    http://www.the-dispatch.com/apps/pbc...37&cachetime=5
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by crimesleuther
    What a hero! So nice to read stories like this! In a world where most people seem to be so selfish and self-serving most times, it's nice to read there are still some truely good people that put others first. Cheers to him!

Excerpt from article, whole story at link below:

The teenager had a medical problem Tuesday and tumbled onto the tracks at a station in northern Manhattan, police said.

Autrey, waiting with his two young daughters, jumped down and rolled with the young man into the trough between the rails as a southbound train came into the station.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001
    Hey Crimesleuther, great story! What a wonderful man.

You never know what the lord has planned for you!

This guy is a hero. An angel among us!

It was said on Fox news today that Donald Trump gave the man $10,000.00 for saving the 19 year-old.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

I wept when I saw this on the news.

Wesley is truly an Angel.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Update on the hero's life

http://nymag.com/news/features/30636/

This Is the Part Where the Superhero Discovers He Is Mortal

Wesley Autrey jumped in front of a speeding subway train to save a manís life. Then things really got tricky.

timetravel is offline care giver of all stray and feral cats who come my way.
    i was glad to read that he, with his sister's help, is putting limits on his appearances and such now - personally, i think knowing wesley's financial situation, those who want him for interviews and all should be happy to compensate him in some way, esp. if this is keeping him from making a weekly paycheck....as for those money grubbing folks - you know what they say - what goes around comes around - .....