961 users online (188 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Elizabeth 'Beth' Barnard, 23, Phillip Island, VIC, 22 Sept 1986

http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=170130

I'm curious to hear what some of you think of this 20 year old mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Momster
    http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=170130

I'm curious to hear what some of you think of this 20 year old mystery.
    Very interesting story! Now, I am going to have to do some research, because I need to know more! Thanks for sharing the link.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Wow. Did I read this story correctly? Maybe the wife killed the girlfriend then committed suicide, or maybe someone else killed the girlfriend and the wife. And if the second scenario is true, maybe the unknown killer made it look like the first scenario, or maybe the locals chose to see it that way rather than consider a double homicide. I wonder how far the wife's truck was found from the bridge where she supposedly committed suicide. If the first scenario is true, why would her truck be found someplace other than where she died? Did she drive it there, park it and come back to the bridge to jump? That alone sounds weird. Unless I mis-read or missed something.

Wow, what a story! Personally, at first glance, I lean toward Fergus as the perp - both his women getting ready to leave him. I know he supposedly had an alibi, but so do lots of other perps. This is one mystery I would like to see WS's dig their teeth into and see what scenarios we can come up with. I'll be back tonight after work.
    You put the light in me...

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by FFWifey
    Wow. Did I read this story correctly? Maybe the wife killed the girlfriend then committed suicide, or maybe someone else killed the girlfriend and the wife. And if the second scenario is true, maybe the unknown killer made it look like the first scenario, or maybe the locals chose to see it that way rather than consider a double homicide. I wonder how far the wife's truck was found from the bridge where she supposedly committed suicide. If the first scenario is true, why would her truck be found someplace other than where she died? Did she drive it there, park it and come back to the bridge to jump? That alone sounds weird. Unless I mis-read or missed something.
    Whoa FFWifey! Switch to decaf!! Just kidding. When I read it I was reading it like 'what if, but then what if oh but what if'...only 3 times faster. I felt like my dog chasing her tail. I get like that sometimes myself. One theory comes to you and the all the others just start coming at you at the same time and it alls just goes very fast. Very good points you made.

From January 2015:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226505503291

Beth worked as a farmhand on the Cameron family property. The Camerons were wealthy, having once owned the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit and large tracts of land. Just hours before her death, 23-year-old Beth had said good night to her lover and boss, married father-of-two Fergus Cameron... Later that morning, he would wake to news that his mistress had been brutally murdered.

The attack on Beth was “horrific”, says former homicide squad detective Rory O’Connor, who headed the investigation... She had been stabbed repeatedly and her throat had been cut... “It was personal all right. There is no doubt about intent whatsoever. Even Beth’s fingers were all cut up because she was trying to hold the blade back.”

Most shocking was the large letter “A” carved into Beth’s chest. “You’re talking about four slashes one way, ten slashes the other and five across. That’s not just someone gently carving an A,” O’Connor said.

31 years cold

It amazes me that a case as bizarre as this one is so low profile. This can surely be solved.