TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
'Have you seen this girl?'

Austin mother searches for her missing 18-year-old daughter.

Paultaf's on-and-off boyfriend of two years was the last one who had seen her, at about 8:30 p.m. July 7, Harris said.

The couple had been staying at the Budget Inn near East Rundberg Lane and I-35, spending time together alone, Harris said.

They had an argument, the boyfriend told Harris the next day. Paultaf walked out. He went after her. She told him to leave her alone. Later, he went looking. He couldn't find her.

A few hours after his call, Harris called the police.

Paultaf, who is 5-foot-4 and 124 pounds with green eyes and brown hair, was last seen wearing white shorts, a pink tank top and flip-flops, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
Police search for missing woman

Roxanne Paultaf was last seen at a hotel on Interstate 35, just south of Rutherford Lane on July 7.
She was reported missing by her family the next day. Paultaf was staying with a friend at the hotel.

Detectives say Paultaf may have been seen in the area of Rundberg Lane and I-35 North on July 9 and 10, but they have not been able to locate her.

Her picture is showing up as an x on my computer. Can anyone else it?

I wonder if she got on the freeway and hitch hiked? I hope the boyfriend is telling the truth. Sounds like their relationship was pretty rocky as it was off and on. I also wonder how mad she was when she left. We do some unsafe things when we are furious.

I hope that she called a friend and had her/him come and pick her up and she just hasn't called anyone cause she doesn't want her boyfriend to know where she is. You would think she would know that her mom would be worried though. Of course she doesn't know that her boyfriend called her mom either. Just hope she is alright. Feel so bad for her mom and the hell she is going through. Not knowing is just pure hell.

Such pretty girl. I hope they find her. Boyfriend isn't looking to good. The only item missing of hers is her ID. Her cell phone and personal belongings were still at the hotel.

It was Roxanne's birthday yesterday, January 3. I just heard this on the news tonight for the first time, and it is only about 15 minutes from me. I often don't watch local news--just cable news. I think America's Most Wanted is interested.

Sleuthers let's see if we can be part of the solution once more and help find what happened to Roxanne. If you read the links with corresponding articles, there is some good info that may get us started in the right direction. There may be more links; but, I am in the Internet paste and copy learning phase.

http://www.someoneismissing.com/texas/ro

11/24/06 - Eighteen-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in July at a hotel on Interstate-35 and Rundberg.

Her boyfriend told Austin police that she took off after they had an argument. From that point, police say she vanished.
Volunteer search teams combed the area for clues but fell short of finding anything.

This week, family members learned from Austin police that the missing teenager's case will be featured on America’s Most Wanted.

Roxanne's mother, Elizabeth Harris, is hoping national attention can provide some answers.

It gets the word out to more people and let's people be aware that one of our children and we've got to find her," said Elizabeth Harris.

The family isn't sure when Roxanne’s story will be aired on America’s Most Wanted.

Police ask that anyone with information call Crimestoppers at 472-TIPS.

Police search for missing woman

Updated: 7/15/2006 10:53 AM
By: News 8 Austin Staff -

http://www.news8austin.com/

Austin police are asking for help locating a missing 18-year-old woman.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1206/0403_missing_paltauf.html

Roxanne Paltauf was last seen at a hotel on Interstate 35, just south of Rutherford Lane on July 7.

She was reported missing by her family the next day. Paltauf was staying with a friend at the hotel.

Detectives say Paltauf may have been seen in the area of Rundberg Lane and I-35 North on July 9 and 10, but they have not been able to locate her.

Paltauf is five feet four inches and about 124 pounds. She has green eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing white shorts, a pink tank top and flip flops.

There are some interesting facts involving the disappearance of Roxanne. Her boyfriend was the last known person to have seen her 5 months ago. He said they had an argument, and that she left the hotel where they were staying with nothing but her ID. He waited until the next day and called Roxanne's mother. They went together to the police to report her missing.

Roxanne expressed to her Mom previously how good it felt for her to have a cell phone in her name with a contract. She was just 18, and that meant a lot to her. Yet, she left her cell phone at the hotel--again along with everything else except her ID. A male friend of the boyfriend later claimed that he had Roxanne's ID somehow as a result of driving Roxanne and her boyfriend to the dollar store sometime before her disappearance. Not only is that odd; but, now it appears Roxanne disappeared taking absolutely nothing with her except the clothes on her back. Makes no sense.

Also, the boyfriend stated that she left at about 8:30 pm on the night of her disappearance. The boyfriend made numerous calls from Roxanne's cell phone to an ex-girlfriend in New Mexico. The calls were made AFTER 8:30 pm on the night of Roxanne's disappearance. It was reported in one of the links that the bf made those calls to the ex in NM and said he was in trouble. I do not know more than what I read about those conversations.

Initially, shortly after Roxanne disappeared, her Mom was passing out fliers in the area of the hotel She asked one woman if she had seen Roxanne, and the woman replied that she hadn't. Sometime later they ran into each other gain. The woman asked if she could help. Roxanne's Mom gave her some fliers. That woman was later found murdered. I do not know her name, when exactly she was murdered, or where. It may be a red herring. But, it at the very least is horrible coincidence.

As I've stated before my googling skills need an upgrade, as do my copy and post and all things, "link" skills. If I could get some help and interest in the search for this young lady I, and perhaps her family would be most grateful.

Most Sincerely,

LionRun

I wonder how good a look the police have given the boyfriend. He would be a big person of interest in my book. Calling the mother and going to the police station to file a missing person's report might just have been his way of trying to cover his rear.

She left but didn't take her cell phone. Most kids that age have their cell phones glued to their hand and check it out every few minutes. They never leave them at home or anywhere else for any reason. She left all of her belongings? That doesn't make a lot of sense either. That boyfriend calling his ex several time after this girl disappears really sends up a red plag. He must have known that Roxanne wasn't going to ever see that cell phone bill or there would really have been a big fight.

Did LE check out the motel room for blood or anything? Does the boyfriend have a car? If so, was it checked out? Did they get a statement from the ex girlfriend about the phone calls on the cell phone? The boyfriend is #1 on my list.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder how good a look the police have given the boyfriend. He would be a big person of interest in my book. Calling the mother and going to the police station to file a missing person's report might just have been his way of trying to cover his rear.

She left but didn't take her cell phone. Most kids that age have their cell phones glued to their hand and check it out every few minutes. They never leave them at home or anywhere else for any reason. She left all of her belongings? That doesn't make a lot of sense either. That boyfriend calling his ex several time after this girl disappears really sends up a red plag. He must have known that Roxanne wasn't going to ever see that cell phone bill or there would really have been a big fight.

Did LE check out the motel room for blood or anything? Does the boyfriend have a car? If so, was it checked out? Did they get a statement from the ex girlfriend about the phone calls on the cell phone? The boyfriend is #1 on my list.
Hi Bobbiesangel. The family seems suspicious too. When I googled Roxanne's name I found and read a thread about her on Crimelibrary. I don't know if LE is just tight lipped or they have their suspicions' but have no concrete evidence to proceed further with the boyfriend. I understand he has been questioned; but' I don't know the results or what was said. I don't know how seriously the ex-girlfriend in NM was questioned. I imagine LE checked the motel room for blood evidence, but who knows?

LionRun

I am very interested in this case as well, Lionrun. I would love to see it solved. I too strongly suspect the boyfriend. If I had a fight with my hubby I would gather up my phone and purse and leave. What young woman would head out into that part of Austin with no phone or ID? The good news is that APD is pretty progressive when it comes to DV issues. There is a unit that handles DV and they came and spoke to us during my training to volunteer with the shelter here. I was very impressed with what they had to say. Unfortunately in some cities DV is kind of swept under the rug or not taken seriously, which just amazes me. Thankfully APD takes it very seriously.

When I had a PO against my ex husband I went to my small town police department because he was calling both my home and cell phone constantly - I'm not exagerating either. He would call one, hang up and call the other, back and forth. They told me that we would never get him for harrasment because my phones weren't storing all of the calls - the latest call would replace the one before it so I only ever had proof of the latest phone call - not the 4,000 before it! They went ahead and took it to a judge in Travis County - no proof, just on my word and amazingly I got the VPO! He was arrested (at work, I believe) and put on probation and apparently it scared him good because the calls stopped. So there seems to be a pretty zero tolerance policy for DV in our courts and the police really do seem to take it seriously. I will bet that they are looking at the bf, but maybe he covered his tracks well? I am sure that he slipped up somewhere so hopefully they will be able to get the evidence they need.

Kim77, I am glad the system worked for you. I wonder if the APD(Austin Police Department) is working on the case and looking into the boyfriend more than we think they are. I sure hope so.

LionRun, you're doing a great job with the searching and linking! Pretty soon you will be a pro :clap: This is an interesting case. My parents live in Bastrop so when I visit I try to catch the local news. We were just there and I hadn't heard about it but I'll be sure to not miss AMW.

You are welcome annemc. Pro? Ha! LOL. Roxanne's Mom is posting on another forum as are other relatives of Roxanne. Roxanne's Mom is frustrated because she does not think LE is prioritizing her daughter's disappearance. I do not understand it. What. She started a brand new life at 18 (she turned 19 the other day) with nothing but the clothes on her back with help from no known friends or family? She expressed that she does not know what else to do.

Does anyone have ideas of how to renew interest either by media (which, may in turn renew interest by LE due to pressure) or Le that may help solve this? Roxanne's family need answers.

LionRun

Hello websleuthers. I just read a post from Lizzy, Roxanne's Mom. She signed up with websleuth; but, she said she cannot yet post. She may be joining us soon.

That Roxanne is missing deeply disturbs me. I have a daughter whom I love dearly who was born within days of Roxanne. And Roxanne disappeared near to us in Austin. Lizzy wants help to find her daughter. Together, hopefully we can help her. Let's give it a go!

LionRun

Hello All,

Thank You ,lionrun ,for Starting This Thread About My Daughter Roxanne,
Check Out The Austin American Statesman Tomorrow, Sunday Paper, In The Lifestyle Section, Roxanne Will Be In There For A Birhtday Announcement,,,,,,,,, Tomorrow Will 6 Months Since She Has Disappered...........

My Kids And I Will Be Some Searching In Different Areas Tomorrow To Be Productive In Remembering Her This Week

Thanks For The Support
Elizabeth Harris

Happy Birthday To Your Daughter, Lion Run, Cherish It..............

You are welcome Lizzy. I am so glad you made here to websleuths. I wanted to see if I could go with you on the search; but, unfortunately I cannot. However, I would like to get more involved in the near future.

What can we do to help you? There are many here who care. Perhaps we can swap ideas back and forth to help bring Roxanne home.

Best to you and prayers always,

LionRun

Hi Lizzy. I just did a search for free at www.zabasearch.com . There were 10 results when I plugged in, the bf's name in Texas. Do any of these names or addresses ring a bell? If so, you may want to consider a search there or near there. Also, you may want to think about first, where are/were the bf's, "comfort areas" i.e. certain park, lake, friends house, family member's house/ranch where he visited and felt comfortable even fairly far back in the past. Perhaps a future well planned search of those areas along with areas nearby the motel and any other areas you think are worth searching may be helpful.

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow, and I am sorry I cannot be there.

LionRun

Roxanne,
my darling baby girl, today you have been missing for 6 months,we have a celabration ad in the austin american statesman to remember you on your birthday,
we miss you so bad,we will be out searching for you again today,your brother and sister wants to help in finding you.They are so strong .
With you not being here has changed our lives, its all I think about,24/7
we need to find you.
I know if could be here, you would be, we have to find you ,
I love you so very much my baby girl
god bless you, keep him close to your heart
Love Mom

LIZZY64 said:
Roxanne,
my darling baby girl, today you have been missing for 6 months,we have a celabration ad in the austin american statesman to remember you on your birthday,
we miss you so bad,we will be out searching for you again today,your brother and sister wants to help in finding you.They are so strong .
With you not being here has changed our lives, its all I think about,24/7
we need to find you.
I know if could be here, you would be, we have to find you ,
I love you so very much my baby girl
god bless you, keep him close to your heart
Love Mom

What a beautiful letter, Lizzy. Please let us know how it went today.

Prayers and hopes always,

LionRun

we did a search on suday ,but no luck in finding any info, we will be out next sunday doing the same.

we wont give up, its a on going process....
if we find anything i sure will everyone know

thanks
lizzy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member