Identified! TX - Midland County, White Female, 15-30, Jan'07 - Sandra Pelfrey

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Clues surface in unidentified woman's body

The body was discovered by pipeline workers in a Midland County draw which flows from Odessa through Midland Tuesday afternoon.

Information from the autopsy identified the woman as being Caucasian and in her teens to 20s; her actual height is 5 feet 5 inches; her weight at examination was 121 pounds and she has a tattoo of a cross on her left arm (TV news says she has dirty blond or brown hair). The woman was found wearing a blue, short-sleeved T-shirt, a blue undergarment that reached from her waist to her ankles, Rocky jeans, and athletic shoes with pink stripes on the bottom.

(County Sheriff) Painter said while the office does have some new information, he would not release whether they are following up on comparisons of the woman's identity to any specific missing women in the area. "I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then have them fall. The family is suffering enough," he explained.

Geez, I think they are really lacking when it comes to info on the missing women. The second missing women doesn't even have a description. It doesn't sounds like the first woman is a match.

I agree, if it's one of those women then it's probably the 1st - Sandra, and I don't think she ended up in that draw by accident. But for all I know there may be more missing - it seems like since these women weren't high priority to LE because of their transient type of life style. Probably a lot of missing & dead people out there like this - a little blurb in a small town paper & then nothing.

Preliminary autopsy finds no signs of physical trauma

Search team hunts for clues linked to identity of dead woman

"We're looking for anything that might be out of place that could tell us who this person is. Any clue, such as a purse, a driver's license, a jacket, just anything we can find and put to use."

Based on the body's condition when it was discovered, investigators believe the woman's body was in the water about two weeks to two months, Uddley said. The unidentified woman is the first death in the county this year, he said.

Calls have come in from the public about loved ones who have been missing for a year, a week, two weeks, a month and couple of days, Uddley said. "Anybody who gets any information, they're kicking it right to us," he said.

We are also receiving leads from other law enforcement agencies, such as the Midland Police Department, the Ector County Sheriff's Office, the Odessa Police Department and the Texas Department of Public safety, he added.

"There are three names that our office is looking at. " said Dr. Roger Metcalf, the deputy public information officer and director of the human identification lab for the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office.

31-year-old Becky Jane Williams - Midland
43-year-old Paula Jean Tinonga - Midland, missing in Oct.2006
Age unknown Sandra Lee Pelfrey - Ector County/Odessa

Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter said finding the identity of a body does not have a time frame. "We've got one woman that we found about three years ago off the interstate and County Road 1310 who had been hit by a vehicle and killed, and we still have not been able to identify her. It's a case-by-case situation," he said.

Officials identify woman's body

On Jan. 2, Sandra Lee Pelfrey [aka Sandra Lee Schairer], 39, of Odessa was found by oil field workers in Monahan's Draw located about five miles south of Interstate Highway 20 and about 2.5 miles west of FM 1788.

"The Arizona Department of Corrections was able to identify her with dental records," Painter said.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner reported there were no outward signs of trauma to Pelfrey's body, nor was there any water in her lungs or stomach.

"We know she did not commit suicide from information in the autopsy report. And there was no water in her lungs or stomach," he said. "We know she was dead before she was placed in the water, so someone had to have placed her there. That individual is who we want to talk to, to find out everything that happened in the last moments of her life."

Marie said:
"There are three names that our office is looking at. " said Dr. Roger Metcalf, the deputy public information officer and director of the human identification lab for the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office.

31-year-old Becky Jane Williams - Midland
43-year-old Paula Jean Tinonga - Midland, missing in Oct.2006
Age unknown Sandra Lee Pelfrey - Ector County/Odessa

Midland County Sheriff Gary Painter said finding the identity of a body does not have a time frame. "We've got one woman that we found about three years ago off the interstate and County Road 1310 who had been hit by a vehicle and killed, and we still have not been able to identify her. It's a case-by-case situation," he said.
Geez, you would think that someone would know the unidentified lady who was hit by a car. If she was walking and carrying groceries, she could not have lived to far away. So sad...

teonspaleprincess said:
Geez, I think they are really lacking when it comes to info on the missing women. The second missing women doesn't even have a description. It doesn't sounds like the first woman is a match.

I live in Lubbock, only a couple of hours away from Odessa, and I've not heard anything about these missing women. I read the online news here everyday since the women here in Lubbock went missing a couple of years ago. You'd think that my local news would at least mention these women since it could all possibly be related. Very annoying.

txsvicki said:
I live in Lubbock, only a couple of hours away from Odessa, and I've not heard anything about these missing women. I read the online news here everyday since the women here in Lubbock went missing a couple of years ago. You'd think that my local news would at least mention these women since it could all possibly be related. Very annoying.
I couldn't agree with you more. Sadly, I don't think it's all that uncommon to not mention the missing persons who tend to live a more transient lifestyle - the homeless, drug addicts, prostitutes, etc.

There's been another body found, bones I believe, in Odessa or Midland (can't remember where for sure). An awful lot of missing and bodies from around there. And I agree they could be related to the cases in Lubbock.

Big 2 news does have this on their website, about Sandra Lee Pelfrey:

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner said there are no signs of trauma to the body. Also, there was no water in her lungs or her stomach. This means she was already dead before she was put in the water. The last time she was seen was on November 24th. Her last known address was at 118 West Mable in Odessa. Pelfrey`s body was found five miles south of Interstate 20 near Monahans Draw last Tuesday afternoon. The investigation now shifts to find out how she died and how she ended up in such a remote location. Authorities say if anyone knows anything about this woman, they are urged to call Crimestoppers at 694-TIPS. You will remain anonymous.

is the media not talking about it because these women are prostitutes (if in fact they are)..?

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Name: Becky Jane Williams AKA: Becky Kennedy, Becky Fotter Case Number: M0701013 Case Type: Involuntary Last Seen in: Midland (Midland County) Last Seen on: 10/1/2006 Height: 5' 04" Weight: 130 lbs. Age Missing: 31 Eye Color: Blue Hair Color: Blonde Date of Birth: 5/22/1975 Race: White Sex: Female State Missing From: Texas Country Missing From: USA Circumstances: Ms. Williams has crooked teeth. She was last seen wearing a black hat with flames, a red Tommy Hilfiger brand zipper shirt, blue jeans, and gray and black tennis shoes.

Feb. 2007
http://cbs7.com/data/upfiles/news/sandrapelfrey.jpg

The case of a woman found dead in Midland may be coming to a close soon as more details come to light.

A preliminary toxicology report shows 39-year old Sandra Lee Pelfrey had cocaine and alcohol in her system. Finding these substances does not prove her cause of death, so further tests will be needed to determine the exact cause.

Her body was found in southwest Midland on January 2, 2007.

I wonder if the "friends" that reported her missing actually where there when she died of a cocaine overdose. Then they dumped the body and reporter her missing.

I notived her family didn't report her as missing, friends did

Also she was 1 of 3 bodies dumped in the drainage ditches?

Coincidence?

It would be good if her family can be found. It seems like her former in-laws would have a clue to their whereabouts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back