"Collette"

icedtea4me

Former Member
Reaction score
"I had come up with JonBenet's name by putting John's first and middle names together into one name. John Bennett became JonBenet. Bennett was John's mother's maiden name. When we wavered back and forth between a coupele of options, I had asked Burke, who was three years old at the time, "What do you think about Caroline or Sarah?" He liked JonBenet the best, he said. After she was born, the discussion turned to her middle name. We tentatively decided upon Collette, but as I sat in my hospital bed, filling out birth certificate forms, I thought, Who is Collette, and what in the world did she have to do with any of this? Her middle name will be Patricia, after moi. And that was that. (DOI pg. 152 hb version)

Look up the meaning of the name Collette.

www.babynamesworld.com

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
"I had come up with JonBenet's name by putting John's first and middle names together into one name. John Bennett became JonBenet. Bennett was John's mother's maiden name. When we wavered back and forth between a coupele of options, I had asked Burke, who was three years old at the time, "What do you think about Caroline or Sarah?" He liked JonBenet the best, he said. After she was born, the discussion turned to her middle name. We tentatively decided upon Collette, but as I sat in my hospital bed, filling out birth certificate forms, I thought, Who is Collette, and what in the world did she have to do with any of this? Her middle name will be Patricia, after moi. And that was that. (DOI pg. 152 hb version)

Look up the meaning of the name Collette.

www.babynamesworld.com

-Tea
that's weird ! ..wonder if she knew the meaning of the name ?

There's that 'victory' association again. Hmmmmmm

The coincidences like this are so rampant in this case, at times I find myself tending to believe Patsy's inference that all of this was pre-ordained by God. Just kidding, but jeez, I've never seen the word "victory" pop up so many times anywhere else. I'm not in the least bit surprised that Patsy decided to name her daughter after herself or that she referred to herself as "moi." Typical Francophile Patsy, right down to the accent mark on "attaché" in the RN.

Tea, you've got me laughing with:

Matt Foley, motivational speaker.

Nuisanceposter said:
The coincidences like this are so rampant in this case, at times I find myself tending to believe Patsy's inference that all of this was pre-ordained by God. Just kidding, but jeez, I've never seen the word "victory" pop up so many times anywhere else.
I don't think this is a coincidence either, Nuisanceposter.

Tea, you've got me laughing with:

Matt Foley, motivational speaker.
Thanks!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k243/crs97/chris.jpg

"I live in a van down by the river!"

-Tea

JMO8778 said:
that's weird ! ..wonder if she knew the meaning of the name ?
I'd be willing to bet she did, JMO8778.

-Tea

Here we have Patsy relating an incident about writing something in connection with JonBenet. The final mention is about the name Collette, which means victory. And Victory! is at the end of the note.

I think there's a lot more to this JonBenet's birth story than meets the eye, as there seems to be quite a few eerie connections between it and the events of Dec 25-26. She begins the story (DOI pg. 148-152 hb version) after mentioning the CU student art exhibit. "My baby, my innocent child, portrayed as a *advertiser censored*!" This could be seen as a clue as to what triggered the events of that night, and the "birth story" is JonBenet's life flashing before Patsy's eyes. In this story-

-Patsy mentions seeing a spot of blood in her underwear. JonBenet was found with a spot of blood in her underwear.

-This baby wasn't going to wait, and we had to get to the hospital immediately. I leaned over John to wake him and noticed that the digital clock said 1:00. (Time for JonBenet to be delivered from Patsy's womb.) PMPT pg. 14- Just before 1:00 p.m., Arndt asked Fleet White and John Fernie to take John Ramsey on another tour of the house. (Time for JonBenet to be delivered from the wine cellar in the basement.)

-John slowed down to around 100 miles an hour after he calmed down a bit. Fortunately there was virtually no one on the highway at that time of the early morning. The dashboard clock read 1:12 a.m. as we pulled of the highway at the hospital exit and sped toward the main entrance. Once there, John swerved into the entryway. "No," I cried, "we need to go to the emergency entrance!" PMPT pg. 16- It was 1:12 p.m. when Detective Arndt grabbed a cellular phone in the kitchen and dialed 911. (Both 1:12 times are connected to emergencies - emergency entrance and emergency call.)

-This warm, wonderful bundle had arrived with a big bang and seemed to be saying, "Hello, world! Here I am!" (She left with a big bang, also. A big bang on top of the head. "Goodbye, world. There I go."

-Tea

These are some spot-on observations, Tea. I find DOI riveting in the fact that they continually say things throughout that end up implicating them, even when you know they didn't mean to.

Hee hee!

"Young lady, what do you want to do with your life?"
"I want to live in a van, down by the river..."

That skit nearly made me pee!

As for the original post, I have been avoiding DOI, because it doesn't seem like there would be any merit to it. But, it looks like it might be interesting, I'll have to see if my library has it.

Nuisanceposter said:
These are some spot-on observations, Tea.
Thanks! You know, the first time I read the "birth story", nothing really struck me about it. But when I read it again, I was like, "This sounds so familiar. I wonder where I've read that before."
I find DOI riveting in the fact that they continually say things throughout that end up implicating them, even when you know they didn't mean to.
There could be a two-fold purpose to the DOI. Superficially read, it's a book that tries to put forth the message "We're innocent. We didn't do this." It's only when one digs deeper and begins to notice tiny details that it becomes a whole other story.

-Tea

Nuisanceposter said:
These are some spot-on observations, Tea. I find DOI riveting in the fact that they continually say things throughout that end up implicating them, even when you know they didn't mean to.
Hi NP,

I think I will get it this weekend. Why not.:rolleyes:

It's an interesting read, if for no other reason that you gain firsthand insight into just who John and Patsy really see themselves and what motivates them. I think I've read DOI more than ST or PMPT, sometimes just looking for specific passages and sometimes cover to cover - I kept it in the bathroom for several months and read it frequently.

I would say get it from the library, because then the Rs aren't making a profit from you, but then you can't circle and underline things and write reference notes with page numbers in the covers, like I do. My ST and PMPT are all scribbled in, too. I got all three of those books at a secondhand book store.

Nuisanceposter said:
It's an interesting read, if for no other reason that you gain firsthand insight into just who John and Patsy really see themselves and what motivates them. I think I've read DOI more than ST or PMPT, sometimes just looking for specific passages and sometimes cover to cover - I kept it in the bathroom for several months and read it frequently.

I would say get it from the library, because then the Rs aren't making a profit from you, but then you can't circle and underline things and write reference notes with page numbers in the covers, like I do. My ST and PMPT are all scribbled in, too. I got all three of those books at a secondhand book store.
Thank you Nuisanceposter. Have a great weekend!:)

I agree with NP...DOI is a must read.

IcedTea....you made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Patsy was a wannabe Jackie Kennedy. She wanted Burke to be named John...(already taken) and JonBenet... Caroline.

She wore a black veil similar to Jackie O and even posed by the coffin ala Jackie.

I think most of us agree Patsy was a mixture of Jackie Kennedy and whomever else she emulated. She never had an original thought and most of her statements, thoughts, etc...are quotes from famous people.

Even the ransom letter is chock full of quotes from movies, etc...

I want everyone here to know where I stand...and that is that Patsy Ramsey accidently killed her daughter JonBenet.

Was it an accident?

Angarella, thankyou for that link. Amazon - eat your heart out!

SallyLu said:
Angarella, thankyou for that link. Amazon - eat your heart out!

:crazy: I do love that website. I have ordered from them MANY times and never had a problem. Glad I could help.

Toltec said:
I agree with NP...DOI is a must read.

IcedTea....you made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Patsy was a wannabe Jackie Kennedy. She wanted Burke to be named John...(already taken) and JonBenet... Caroline.

She wore a black veil similar to Jackie O and even posed by the coffin ala Jackie.

I think most of us agree Patsy was a mixture of Jackie Kennedy and whomever else she emulated. She never had an original thought and most of her statements, thoughts, etc...are quotes from famous people.
Yea,and I can't believe it when she said didn't know that she'd posed by the coffin...she dressed like Jackie Kennedy for the funeral,then kneels the same way by the coffin as she did,yet says she was delirious and doesn't remember it? I think she had it planned.

JMO8778 said:
Yea,and I can't believe it when she said didn't know that she'd posed by the coffin...she dressed like Jackie Kennedy for the funeral,then kneels the same way by the coffin as she did,yet says she was delirious and doesn't remember it? I think she had it planned.
Oh PUHLEEEZZZZZ...she said that she didn't remember posing by the coffin??? Oh good grief, give me a break. Yes, I think that she had that planned too...just like the "party" that she held after finding the ransom letter...and that stupid speech she gave about Lazarus, when John brought up the body. She was such the drama queen. She should have won an OSCAR!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back