1046 users online (245 members and 801 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    245

    Idle Thought

    i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.
    Jay78,

    Yes, some people think its a distinct possibility, particularly for those that think Patsy may have had a personality disorder, or mental illness such as schitzophrenia, or even as a consequence of her cancer treatement and stress etc.


    .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Jay
    Search through for BrotherMoon's posts, he is convinced PR had a mental disorder (DID).
    He is also obsessed with 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' in relation to Patsy.

    Maybe he is closer to the truth than any of us, I don't know.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    I don't know,perhaps more after the fact than before?To make herself feel better about her death? Like when she went into reasons JB was better off dead on tv.
    I suspect she was mentally ill as well,and maybe JB wasn't turning out the way she wanted her to..soiling herself,rebelling,etc.,so that led to her murder? I recall ST saying 'this would never do for a beauty queen',as if that were a hint. ..PR thinking if JB wasn't going to be a beauty queen after all,or live up to what one should be like,that her life wouldn't be worth anything?JAT.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy
    Jay78,

    Yes, some people think its a distinct possibility, particularly for those that think Patsy may have had a personality disorder, or mental illness such as schitzophrenia, or even as a consequence of her cancer treatement and stress etc.


    .
    You know I have written on this time and again. You are not by any means alone on your thoughts on this. Far cry from alone on those thoughts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    You can add me to the list of people who think Patsy was mentally ill. Mental illness takes many forms, and often people can present a pretty face outside of home and be a total mess behind closed doors. My pet theory for years has been that Patsy suffered some kind of meltdown, a break with reality, so to speak, and when it passed, JonBenet was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    You can add me to the list of people who think Patsy was mentally ill. Mental illness takes many forms, and often people can present a pretty face outside of home and be a total mess behind closed doors. My pet theory for years has been that Patsy suffered some kind of meltdown, a break with reality, so to speak, and when it passed, JonBenet was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.
    I think Patsy's melt down was JonBenet being molested by John. It posed a threat to Patsy. She dressed her up and made he what Patsy thought was her. But perhaps POatsy's Dad molested her and when Patsy's husband molested JonBenet it was just too much.
    John is an enigma. Like my dad.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.
    To answer your question...absolutely, positively, NOT.
    It's my humble opinion that JBR wasn't offered for a sacrifice on Christmas Day, nor would she have been sacrificed any day of the year. Her death IMO was an accident casued by her mom, covered up by dad and lied about for 10 years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    245
    i dont think the sexual abuse theories are that far off. I think it was in PMPT where it stated that Patsy asked her housekeeper how to get the spark back in her sex life. perhaps john couldnt handle her being unable to have intercourse with him while she was sick?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    You can add me to the list of people who think Patsy was mentally ill. Mental illness takes many forms, and often people can present a pretty face outside of home and be a total mess behind closed doors. My pet theory for years has been that Patsy suffered some kind of meltdown, a break with reality, so to speak, and when it passed, JonBenet was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.
    I had posted about acute decompensation awhile back..that's what it's called when that happens to someone mentally ill.They can no longer compensate for their illness,and something dangerous to themselves or to someone else can happen.Sometimes it doesn't take much to set it off,particularly if the person is under stress at the time.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778
    I had posted about acute decompensation awhile back..that's what it's called when that happens to someone mentally ill.They can no longer compensate for their illness,and something dangerous to themselves or to someone else can happen.Sometimes it doesn't take much to set it off,particularly if the person is under stress at the time.
    Yes ..... They can be literally having a good time one moment and its like a bomb went off.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.
    Even though I think that there is something to the bedwetting theory...I could be wrong. I have wondered about this sacrifice thing too. Patsy could have sacrificed her, because she had a mental disorder, and thought that JB's sacrifice would cure her cancer. Sorta like an exchange..."God, you cure me of my cancer and my pain, and I will give my daughter back to you".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    i dont think the sexual abuse theories are that far off. I think it was in PMPT where it stated that Patsy asked her housekeeper how to get the spark back in her sex life. perhaps john couldnt handle her being unable to have intercourse with him while she was sick?
    Question:...I have read...and I do NOT know how true it is, that the Housekeeper said that one Halloween, JB was dressed as a witch. She said that when she saw JB, that she commented on her costume. JB replied with "I'm a sexy little witch". Patsy, came into the room as JB was saying this, and agreed saying "Yes, JB is a sexy little witch". I thought this was an odd thing to say. I believe that JB was four at the time. I am sure that John and Patsy had no sex life at all, while she was undergoing cancer treatment...and probably even before the treatments started, because she was in so much pain. Maybe he was turning to his six year old daughter (the thought disgusts ME!)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames
    Question:...I have read...and I do NOT know how true it is, that the Housekeeper said that one Halloween, JB was dressed as a witch. She said that when she saw JB, that she commented on her costume. JB replied with "I'm a sexy little witch". Patsy, came into the room as JB was saying this, and agreed saying "Yes, JB is a sexy little witch". I thought this was an odd thing to say. I believe that JB was four at the time. I am sure that John and Patsy had no sex life at all, while she was undergoing cancer treatment...and probably even before the treatments started, because she was in so much pain. Maybe he was turning to his six year old daughter (the thought disgusts ME!)
    as gross as it is, it is entirely possible, IMO.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    as gross as it is, it is entirely possible, IMO.
    Unfortunately things like this happen every second of everyday. I do not believe that the Ramsey's were immune from it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MI MI - Aaron Idle, 30, Owosso, 23 March 2013
    By pianokiller in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM
  2. Time idle
    By Sharyne in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM