Idle Thought

Jay78

Reaction score
i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.

Jay78 said:
i was just sitting here thinking. I realize this is probably dead wrong, but the thought popped into my mind so i thought i would post it. Do you think its possible that Patsy offered her daughter as some kind of sacrifice? when you consider that it was christmas day (or early morning of the next day) when she was killed and consider the ransom note, with the SBTC which could be Saved By The Cross, is it possible she saw some kind of religious significance in her daughters death? again, i realize its not the case, just a thought.

Jay78,

Yes, some people think its a distinct possibility, particularly for those that think Patsy may have had a personality disorder, or mental illness such as schitzophrenia, or even as a consequence of her cancer treatement and stress etc.

Jay
Search through for BrotherMoon's posts, he is convinced PR had a mental disorder (DID).
He is also obsessed with 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' in relation to Patsy.

Maybe he is closer to the truth than any of us, I don't know.

I don't know,perhaps more after the fact than before?To make herself feel better about her death? Like when she went into reasons JB was better off dead on tv.
I suspect she was mentally ill as well,and maybe JB wasn't turning out the way she wanted her to..soiling herself,rebelling,etc.,so that led to her murder? I recall ST saying 'this would never do for a beauty queen',as if that were a hint. ..PR thinking if JB wasn't going to be a beauty queen after all,or live up to what one should be like,that her life wouldn't be worth anything?JAT.

UKGuy said:
Jay78,

Yes, some people think its a distinct possibility, particularly for those that think Patsy may have had a personality disorder, or mental illness such as schitzophrenia, or even as a consequence of her cancer treatement and stress etc.

You know I have written on this time and again. You are not by any means alone on your thoughts on this. Far cry from alone on those thoughts.

You can add me to the list of people who think Patsy was mentally ill. Mental illness takes many forms, and often people can present a pretty face outside of home and be a total mess behind closed doors. My pet theory for years has been that Patsy suffered some kind of meltdown, a break with reality, so to speak, and when it passed, JonBenet was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Nuisanceposter said:
You can add me to the list of people who think Patsy was mentally ill. Mental illness takes many forms, and often people can present a pretty face outside of home and be a total mess behind closed doors. My pet theory for years has been that Patsy suffered some kind of meltdown, a break with reality, so to speak, and when it passed, JonBenet was lying in a crumpled heap on the floor.
I think Patsy's melt down was JonBenet being molested by John. It posed a threat to Patsy. She dressed her up and made he what Patsy thought was her. But perhaps POatsy's Dad molested her and when Patsy's husband molested JonBenet it was just too much.
John is an enigma. Like my dad.

Jay78 said:
To answer your question...absolutely, positively, NOT.
It's my humble opinion that JBR wasn't offered for a sacrifice on Christmas Day, nor would she have been sacrificed any day of the year. Her death IMO was an accident casued by her mom, covered up by dad and lied about for 10 years.

i dont think the sexual abuse theories are that far off. I think it was in PMPT where it stated that Patsy asked her housekeeper how to get the spark back in her sex life. perhaps john couldnt handle her being unable to have intercourse with him while she was sick?

Nuisanceposter said:
I had posted about acute decompensation awhile back..that's what it's called when that happens to someone mentally ill.They can no longer compensate for their illness,and something dangerous to themselves or to someone else can happen.Sometimes it doesn't take much to set it off,particularly if the person is under stress at the time.

JMO8778 said:
I had posted about acute decompensation awhile back..that's what it's called when that happens to someone mentally ill.They can no longer compensate for their illness,and something dangerous to themselves or to someone else can happen.Sometimes it doesn't take much to set it off,particularly if the person is under stress at the time.
Yes ..... They can be literally having a good time one moment and its like a bomb went off.

Jay78 said:
Even though I think that there is something to the bedwetting theory...I could be wrong. I have wondered about this sacrifice thing too. Patsy could have sacrificed her, because she had a mental disorder, and thought that JB's sacrifice would cure her cancer. Sorta like an exchange..."God, you cure me of my cancer and my pain, and I will give my daughter back to you".

Jay78 said:
i dont think the sexual abuse theories are that far off. I think it was in PMPT where it stated that Patsy asked her housekeeper how to get the spark back in her sex life. perhaps john couldnt handle her being unable to have intercourse with him while she was sick?
Question:...I have read...and I do NOT know how true it is, that the Housekeeper said that one Halloween, JB was dressed as a witch. She said that when she saw JB, that she commented on her costume. JB replied with "I'm a sexy little witch". Patsy, came into the room as JB was saying this, and agreed saying "Yes, JB is a sexy little witch". I thought this was an odd thing to say. I believe that JB was four at the time. I am sure that John and Patsy had no sex life at all, while she was undergoing cancer treatment...and probably even before the treatments started, because she was in so much pain. Maybe he was turning to his six year old daughter (the thought disgusts ME!)

Ames said:
Question:...I have read...and I do NOT know how true it is, that the Housekeeper said that one Halloween, JB was dressed as a witch. She said that when she saw JB, that she commented on her costume. JB replied with "I'm a sexy little witch". Patsy, came into the room as JB was saying this, and agreed saying "Yes, JB is a sexy little witch". I thought this was an odd thing to say. I believe that JB was four at the time. I am sure that John and Patsy had no sex life at all, while she was undergoing cancer treatment...and probably even before the treatments started, because she was in so much pain. Maybe he was turning to his six year old daughter (the thought disgusts ME!)
as gross as it is, it is entirely possible, IMO.

Jay78 said:
as gross as it is, it is entirely possible, IMO.
Unfortunately things like this happen every second of everyday. I do not believe that the Ramsey's were immune from it.

Ames said:
I am sure that John and Patsy had no sex life at all, while she was undergoing cancer treatment...and probably even before the treatments started, because she was in so much pain. Maybe he was turning to his six year old daughter (the thought disgusts ME!)
I think the whole sordid mess started when that taboo line was crossed as John and JonBenet were comforting one another at some point during this ordeal.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
I think the whole sordid mess started when that taboo line was crossed as John and JonBenet were comforting one another at some point during this ordeal.

-Tea
That, and I wonder if his oldest daughter's death made him want to be closer to JB?So that was his way of doing it?Maybe emotional pain causes ppl do things they wouldnt normally do.

icedtea4me said:

-Tea
I have read on another board, about this speculation. There could be ALOT to it. John could have turned to JB for a couple of reasons....because Patsy was in too much pain for "sexual relations"....AND because John was "comforting" JB..and helping her get through her mother's illness.

In the thread "Uses for a Celtic Harp" at CTV's JonBenet forum, someone gives a friends' arrival timeline. That forum looks so much like this one I sometimes forget which one I'm in, and how long I've got for an edit, so you can hopefully skip over my inconsequential post to somebody there who's also a member here. The timeline is worth going there for, I assure you.

The friends who supposedly were called that morning would have had a whole list of things to do before getting into their cars. Anyone ever timed themselves getting read for work? How long does shaving take, making a cup of coffee, brushing teeth, getting dressed, etc., etc., besides driving time?

Didn't some of them get there in 10 minutes from across town? The Whites no longer lived on 15th St., two doors away, in case anyone's thinking they still lived there.

I've always wondered if they'd been there all night, and calling them over was just another lie for those of you who may be making a list of lies. Solace? There had been a light snow just before morning. So were there any definitely fresh tire tracks to prove the friends had just arrived that morning? Anyone know how to find that out? There were some bicycle tracks, probably a paper boy's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back