764 users online (196 members and 568 guests)  

Websleuths News

Fetishist Faces Life in Prison for Mannequin Thefts

Michigan Fetishist Faces Life in Prison for Mannequin Thefts

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

FERNDALE, Mich. A man who has a history of smashing windows to indulge his fetish for female mannequins could draw a long prison term for his latest arrest.

Ronald A. Dotson, 39, of Detroit faces up to life in prison if convicted of a charge of attempted breaking and entering at a cleaning-supply company in the Detroit suburb of Ferndale.

The potential life sentence is because prosecutors charged him as a habitual offender. Authorities say he has at least six convictions for breaking and entering and a stint in state prison over the last 13 years.

Ferndale District Judge Joseph Longo ordered Dotson to stand trial following a preliminary examination on Thursday, The Daily Tribune of Royal Oak reported. The judge ordered him jailed unless he posts a $15,000 bond.

Dotson was arrested Oct. 9 after police say he smashed a window at a cleaning-supply company to get at a female mannequin dressed in a black and white French maid's uniform. He had been out of prison for less than a week.

Dotson was arrested in Ferndale in July 2000 and later convicted for breaking and entering at a women's clothing shop to get at a mannequin in a pink dress with bobbed hair.

Ferndale police also arrested Dotson in 1993 after finding him in an alley behind a woman's store with three lingerie-clad mannequins. He also has similar convictions in Detroit and suburban Oak Park.

Gozgals

This is so funny--like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine steals a mannequin cuz it looks like her---maybe this guy also had a fetish for that movie "Mannequin(1987)" where Kim Cattral plays a mannequin that comes to life lol

We had a thread about this story but it seems to have disappeared. As a matter of fact, all but the first page and a half of this forum seems to be gone.

I thought something was missing Mabel. I had posted something and when I went back to find it it wasn't there. I guess maybe our conversation got a little "racey"?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth
    I thought something was missing Mabel. I had posted something and when I went back to find it it wasn't there. I guess maybe our conversation got a little "racey"?
    There should be a section marked "Racey Threads" so those of us who read the above and feel left out can go hang out. :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!