1255 users online (254 members and 1001 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Judge sees victim's picture, asks "Why would you rape HER?"

Judge: Rape Victim Is 'No Day At Beach'
    Prosecutors May Ask For Judge To Be Removed

Prosecutors in Seminole County say they might ask a veteran judge to be removed from a rape case because of comments the judge made about the victim.

Court records indicate Circuit Judge Gene Stephenson made the comment earlier this week while looking at a photograph of the victim. The record quotes the judge as saying, "Why would he want to rape her? She doesn't look like a day at the beach."

Stephenson says he doesn't remember making the comment. But it's in the record.

Suspect Brian Joseph Huffman is charged with beating and raping the woman on New Year's Eve of 2002. He faces life in prison if convicted.

The victim was a 57-year-old woman, who says the judge's comments are "appalling."

Story from Local6

Further to that article ~ I just read that the judge formally apologized to the rape victim in Court and removed himself from the Bench in this case.

Well, I'm glad he did do that much...but it is just horrifying. That poor woman did not deserve such cruelty on top on rape, for cryin' out loud!.

What an aHOLE of a judge that guy is! Again furthering the misconception that RAPE has anything whatever to do with sex! What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    What an aHOLE of a judge that guy is! Again furthering the misconception that RAPE has anything whatever to do with sex! What a moron.
    Agree 100% with you!!!! Some of the are appointed for life and make hugh $$$$. He needs to be taken off the bench for good.

What an a$$hole this guy is!

(looking ashamed) uhm... I laughed at that cause uhm.... it was kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sansoucie

You think it's funny that the Judge made a comment about the rape victim's attractiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by sansoucie

I don't see any humor in it. You should be ashamed.

Well guys, you know if you saw it in a sketch on Saturday Night Live you'd crack up and roll down the aisle. I think that is what Sansoucie meant.

See in the sketch she could walk up to the judge in court and whap him over the head with her purse, you know . . . . . . .

He is a Doofinagle after all, or I could call him a D___ B______ too! LOL I am thankful he removed himself and apologized - she should sue him for sexual harassment!

Scandi

It's terrible that a judge would make such an insensitive comment, who does he think should be RAPED? Does he want to show him pictures of his children maybe?
    Does he think rape is connected to finding a female attractive? If he does then he needs to get himself back to the real world. Rape is about violence, it's not about finding anybody attractive. It's not having a crush on someone and not able to control yourself.
    Not only was this woman a victim, she also now has this added insult from a judge making it sound like she's entered a beauty contest and had no reason being there.
    If anybody thinks it's funny.... then feel free to send the rapist or the judge pictures of your wives, mothers or daughters and ask them if they are pretty enough to have the courtesy of being raped, maybe then you can have a good chuckle.
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

I've done a little checking, this wonderful judge is paid 134,650 a year. His term is up in 2007.

If anybody wishes to send him comments mailing address is
    Gene Stephenson
    301 N. Park Ave
    Sanford, FL 32771

Phone #407-665-4269

jstephen@co.seminole.fl.us
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Broad
    It's terrible that a judge would make such an insensitive comment, who does he think should be RAPED? Does he want to show him pictures of his children maybe?
    Does he think rape is connected to finding a female attractive? If he does then he needs to get himself back to the real world. Rape is about violence, it's not about finding anybody attractive. It's not having a crush on someone and not able to control yourself.
    Not only was this woman a victim, she also now has this added insult from a judge making it sound like she's entered a beauty contest and had no reason being there.
    If anybody thinks it's funny.... then feel free to send the rapist or the judge pictures of your wives, mothers or daughters and ask them if they are pretty enough to have the courtesy of being raped, maybe then you can have a good chuckle.
    very well said.

Just glad you can't kick me from where you are LOL! It's not funny that she was raped. Duh.I figured that would be obvious. It's one of those roll your eyes and chuckle comments from the judge. If I was there, as an attorney, I would have done exactly that.... rolled my eyes and chuckled.

Have you been able to get the panties unwadded yet?

Old Broad.. thank you for your post... and the address of that jerk.. I will drop them a line and enclose my photo asking if I look good enough to be raped. :fuming:

sansoucie... one day it could happen to you, remember your words on this thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast