Glenn Meyer and the JonBenet Ramsey Case

LionRun

Former Member
Reaction score
I understand that Glenn Meyer was a boarder who stayed with the Barnhills across the street from the Ramseys. Is there a handwriting sample online I can look at? How long did he stay with the Barnhills? How old was he? Did he have a criminal record? If so for what and in what state? Does anyone have any links that have specific information about this man? I know about acandyrose, and they have great info; but, I didn't see anything about Glenn Meyer there. Thanks sleuthers.

LionRun

No handwriting samples that I know of online.

Glenn Meyer was investigated within days of the murder and gave blood, handwriting samples and took a polygraph.

He passed the polygraph but was recalled to give a second handwriting sample a few weeks after the first.

Meyer claimed that he had gone to bed at 9pm on Christmas Day with a tummy bug. He was one of the suspected which the Ramsey investigators had high on their list and they had sleuthed that Meyer was heavily in debt ($70,000). Following discussions with the Ramsey investigators, the police reinterviewed Meyer and took another blood sample.

So - he lived very close by, had no alibi as such, was in debt, handwriting was "iffy" - but it seems that his DNA didn't match the foreign DNA in Jonbenet's underwear.

Is he a good suspect? Was he released on DNA when the DNA might not the be the killer's?

ETA - the above is all in PMPT and clearly disproves RST claims that the police only focused on the Ramseys!

Thank you angarella and Jayelles for the link and information!

LionRun

LionRun said:
Thank you angarella and Jayelles for the link and information!

LionRun
Another thing about Meyers was that he was cleared. If he wasn't he'd remain on the suspect list for handwriting or whatever reasons the same as the Ramseys. According to the Barnhills he spent the evening with them but since he was ill he went to bed a bit early. Since he was a boarder in their home they knew that was so. Although he was in debt lots of people were/ that should not put them on a heavy suspicion list. He had no criminal record that I could ever find. Don't know if any of that helps you ....CK

I didn't know this about Meyers' handwriting. Did it have as many points of similarity to the RN as Karr's and Patsy's?

Wasn't there something about his son got killed, in another city? Maybe the son was gay or was killed by a gay? Don't quote me, just asking, don't claim to know.

He (Glenn Meyer) was not invited to the Ramseys Christmas party, but he DID show up there during the party to tell the Barnhills that their dog was barking?? At the point of him showing up at the Ramseys, he was invited in to attend the party, at which point he did.

I am paraphrasing the above from the topix board.

If I remember correctly, the R's didn't even know the Barnhills had a boarder staying in their basement, or he would have been invited.

And when he crashed the party didn't he says the dogs, plural, were barking?

I think it's very interesting that his handwriting was looked at more than once. We need to keep that in mind. Now we have at least three people with similar handwriting. Didn't know that could happen. How many more could there be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back