FL - Angelia Headrick, 17, found murdered, Polk County, 4 Jan 2007

27251269.jpg

link
"We will not know positively until the medical examiner has completed his investigation, but preliminary indications are that the remains are hers, a beautiful, blonde-hair, 17-year-old girl," Sheriff Grady Judd said in a prepared statement.

Family members last saw Angelia, who deputies said was known to sell and use marijuana and cocaine, on Wednesday."

How sad for the family. I hate to see the young girls problems put out for everyone to read. The media always seems to make it seem like less of a tragedy when the young person was on drugs.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

BABSON PARK - Deputies have spotted torched cars before in secluded areas of Polk County, but it is what they found inside one in Babson Park that took them by surprise.

“It is unusual when you find the deceased remains of what turns out to be a child,” said Polk Sheriff Grady Judd.

They believe the remains are of 17-year-old Angelia Headrick of Haines City.

Sheriff Judd says someone soaked her car with gasoline before setting it on fire, while she was in the trunk.

“We don’t know if the person in the trunk of the car was burned alive, or was already dead,” Judd said.

~more at link~

Teen found dead in burned car

snips from article:

Angelia Michelle Headrick, 17, of Haines City, was reported missing Thursday evening by her grandmother after she didn't return home, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said Saturday. The car and the remains were found Friday in a Babson Park orange grove.

Headrick, of 6190 Hatchineha Road, was last seen alive Wednesday. The vehicle in which the body was found, a silver 2001 Mitsubishi Galant, is registered to her.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said he can't confirm the identity of the remains until autopsy results are complete.

and

Headrick was known to sell cannabis and cocaine, according to the Sheriff's Office.

A grove worker noticed a fire Thursday about 1:30 p.m., but thought it was other workers burning downed orange trees. It wasn't until Friday afternoon when he was in that part of the grove spraying trees that he discovered the charred car. The worker called the Sheriff's Office, and deputies found the human remains in the trunk.

How horrible. Looking at her picture, such a pretty girl, seems like there would have been something she could have done with her life other than sell drugs. I guess nothing that she would make as much money.

I'm at a loss for words. Such a sad and senseless death.

Never judge a book by its cover huh? She sure don't look like the stereotypical druggie. Beautiful young blonde girl. I just hope she was already dead before they set the car on fire. How sad and what a shame. :( :(

SewingDeb said:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=1989142&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

BABSON PARK - Deputies have spotted torched cars before in secluded areas of Polk County, but it is what they found inside one in Babson Park that took them by surprise.

“It is unusual when you find the deceased remains of what turns out to be a child,” said Polk Sheriff Grady Judd.

They believe the remains are of 17-year-old Angelia Headrick of Haines City.

Sheriff Judd says someone soaked her car with gasoline before setting it on fire, while she was in the trunk.

“We don’t know if the person in the trunk of the car was burned alive, or was already dead,” Judd said.

~more at link~

This is from January:

A Bright Future Cut Short
Few ever noticed how drugs changed Angelia Headrick's behavior.

HAINES CITY - Angelia Michelle Headrick, a curly-haired cheerleader who made straight A's, wanted a career in forensic science. But in the past few months, Angelia straddled two worlds: Diligently checking in with her grandmother while falling deeper into the world of drugs.

Last week, her life came to an end. Three men were arrested Wednesday in connection with the 17-year-old's brutal death, which police say stemmed from Angelia's ties to small-time drug dealers.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070111/NEWS/701110453/1198

Storys like this really upset me. Everyone knew that this girl was into the drug scene except her grandparents who she lived with. I would guess that the grandparents didn't know a lot about the signs of kids on drugs because from the things that she said...the changes in Angel..it is pretty obvious that something wasn't right. When a kid is a straight A student and the grades suddenly drop that is when a parent needs to start investigating the life of their teen. So many things that were said pointed to drugs.

It ticks me off that her mother knew what she was doing but didn't say anything to her. I guess the mother thought it was alright for her daughter if it was alright for her. Sickening.

I wish that some of Angel's good friends would have called the grandmother and told her of their concerns. That is what good friends do even if it makes the one that is headed for trouble mad at them. They try to help her get her life turned around. Just talking to the one in trouble usually doesn't work.

This young girl could have had such a bright future. The whole thing is just such a shame. Drugs and alcohol are killers.

This whole story heartbreaking, i feel for the grandmother..
It sounds like the boyfriend just turned her on to drugs and selling. If he really loves her, i doubt he'd ever turn anyone on to drugs again. I hope the mother gets the other children taken away since she said she's also on drugs and ignored the fact that Angelia was also. The poor grandparents, sometimes you try so hard, yet there was no way they could have known unless the friends or mother had told them.. hopefully the community really does take it as a wake up call. My prayers to Angelia's friends and family..

Two men sentenced to life for Headrick slaying

By Kara Phelps
News Chief staff
Published: Friday, March 12, 2010 at 7:21 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, March 12, 2010 at 7:21 a.m.

( page 1 of 2 )

BARTOW - Gary Michael Glisson Jr. and Eric Rodriguez were sentenced to life in prison without parole for the 2007 killing of 17-year-old Angelia "Angel" Headrick.

Circuit Judge J. Michael Hunter sentenced them in a hearing Wednesday, after each had been found guilty in separate trials of robbing and killing the Haines City High School student. Juries recommended the death penalty for both men, but the State Attorney's Office waived it to prevent Glisson's defense from requesting a new trial.

Chip Thullbery, spokesman for the State Attorney's Office said Thursday that the change was made "in consultation with the victim's family." Glisson's lawyers, Robert and Andrea Norgard, had filed a motion for a new trial, but withdrew it on the condition of Glisson receiving life imprisonment.

more here

http://www.newschief.com/article/20...wo-men-sentenced-to-life-for-Headrick-slaying

Angelia Headrick (17) was beaten and stabbed to death before her three killers, including Jarvis J. Mosley (23), burned her body in her car

Published: Jan 12, 2007 @ 10:37 AM

A Haines City teen was beaten and stabbed to death before her killers burned her body in a Polk County orange grove, Polk County sheriff's detectives said.

Sheriff's officials said today they arrested three men for their suspected involvement in the death of 17-year-old Angelia Michelle Headrick.

Each of the men arrested face charges of first-degree murder and robbery: Eric Rodriguez, 20, of Haines City; Gary Michael Glisson, 29, of Lake Wales; and Jarvis J. Mosley, 23, of Lake Wales.

Glisson and Mosley also each face charges of arson.

More at link:
http://www.mydeathspace.com/article...is_J__Mosley_(23),_burned_her_body_in_her_car

Two get life in prison without parole for killing of 'Angel' Headrick

By JASON GEARY
NYT Regional Media Group

Published: Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.

BARTOW - Two men were sentenced Wednesday to spend the rest of their lives in prison for the slaying of 17-year-old Angelia "Angel" Headrick.

Gary Michael Glisson Jr. and Eric Rodriguez were found guilty at separate trials of robbing and killing the former Haines City High School cheerleader.

The juries recommended that the pair should be executed, but the State Attorney's Office agreed to waive the death penalty to avoid a defense request for a new trial in Glisson's case.

Circuit Judge J. Michael Hunter sentenced both men to life in prison without parole.

snip

Mosley, 26, of Lake Wales, accepted a plea deal for 15 years in prison, and agreed to testify against Glisson and Rodriguez.

snip

A jury found Rodriguez, 23, of Haines City, guilty Sept. 3 of first-degree murder, robbery and conspiracy to commit murder and robbery.

Jurors voted 7 to 5 in favor of the death penalty.

Another jury found Glisson, 33, of Lake Wales, guilty Jan. 29 of first-degree murder, robbery, arson, and conspiracy to commit murder androbbery.

Jurors voted 8 to 4 in favor of the death penalty.

But prosecutors agreed Wednesday to waive the death penalty for Glisson and Rodriguez to avoid a retrial for Glisson.

Much more at link:
http://www.newschief.com/article/20100311/NEWS/100319988?p=1&tc=pg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer