FL - Father Says Tigger Hit His Son At Disney Park

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. -- "Tigger" may be in trouble.

A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the cartoon character is accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo.

A spokeswoman said park officials have temporarily suspended the employee while they investigate the accusations.

Authorities said Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son posing with Tigger at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation.
http://www.wftv.com/travelgetaways/10689302/detail.html

Oh please. The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Get a life. I guess this guy is going to sue or will he be happy with free passes to DisneyWorld? :rolleyes:

Really, if it was so terrible, why didn't he keep recording? Were there any witnesses? Surely w/ the amount of people at Disney, someone would have seen this. Whenever I've been to DW, there are always several children standing around Disney characters.

Oh boo-hoo. I saw the video, and it just looked like a playful tap to me. I think the dad is looking for a way to be reimbursed for the family vacation.

I know, I just saw it a bit ago, too, and I think Tigger was just playing with the older kid. I don't see what the big deal is. :hand:

Poor Tigger can't seem to catch a break. Seems like "he" was accussed in 2004 for touching a girl's breast. I didn't see the video of the supposed hit, but PULEAZE.

I would have figured Goofy or Pluto to be the abusive fondling type. :D

Pepper said:
...I saw the video, and it just looked like a playful tap to me...
If you get a chance to view the video again, please do so. The teenager was trying to unzip the Tigger suit (more than once); and Tigger playfully tapped him to prevent him from doing so. This father is absolutely disgusting and trying to get something for nothing. The man in the Tigger suit was suspended from his job. I think that Disney should have stood behind him because this allegation is beyond ridiculous.

Father looking for a payout.

Tiger shouldn't have hit him...playful or not. But you can clearly see the kid trying to unzip the costume or do something to the back of the costume....hence the extended arm and trying to stay away from the character.

The dad said "they are trying to say my son did something wrong"....well, he did jackass. The correct thing to say is that my boneheaded son was goofing around trying to unzip the characters costume and then things escallated.

Cal

nanandjim said:
If you get a chance to view the video again, please do so. The teenager was trying to unzip the Tigger suit (more than once); and Tigger playfully tapped him to prevent him from doing so. This father is absolutely disgusting and trying to get something for nothing. The man in the Tigger suit was suspended from his job. I think that Disney should have stood behind him because this allegation is beyond ridiculous.

The days of employers standing behind their employees are gone, no matter how ridiculous the claim may be. I am a teacher and our staff has been told numerous times if a student reports us for this or that (usually "She touched me! She hit me!" yadayada) they "will not stand behind " us and must remain "totally neutral." In fact only today an out of control kid accused a teacher of "touching her." She was in the midst of a giant hissy fit and was calling the teacher a "f-ing *advertiser censored*!" and the teacher shut the door to minimize the disturbance for other classes. At that point the student yelled out that the teacher had "touched her!"

After that, the accusations started. The police are coming to do interviews. That teacher and I had just discussed this kid before class. We were saying it is easier to let her sleep through the day because of her disruptive behavior if we try to get her to do anything. That teacher told me she will never try to get her to work in class again. She will be tied up in police interviews and dealing with a complaint in her file and our administator will give her no support or reassurance.

Interestingly, on Friday a student deliberately slammed the door on me and my hand was caught in the door. It was scraped and later the joint was swollen and it bothered me all weekend. My boss said I had to let her go back to class after she "cooled off." :rolleyes: I was offered the chance to file a report but didn't want to call the police because I know from experience it ties me and them up for hours and the complaints never go anywhere with the county.

To do over I don't think I would choose to work with kids for many reasons - at Disney or anywhere. I'm surprised we don't hear of even more at Disney. In the schools kids and their parents threaten "lawsuit!" all the time but Disney is a deep pocket.

Eve

Ok, I just watched this footage...and that kid -who looks to be a good sized teen -did something to TIGGER FIRST. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/waitasec.gif Watch it and let me know what you think. Personally if the kid did something to Tigger, I which Tigger would have b*tchslapped him a bit harder. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/silenced.gif I'm sick and tired of bratty kids getting away with whatever they can.

Nan,
Just read your post and agree with what you said.

Pepper said:
Oh boo-hoo. I saw the video, and it just looked like a playful tap to me. I think the dad is looking for a way to be reimbursed for the family vacation.
EXACTLY!
wink.gif

I found the video. Oh GOOD LORD, they even took the oversized bratty teen to the hospital because of "pain" :rolleyes: :loser:

ISPTRAX said:
I found the video. Oh GOOD LORD, they even took the oversized bratty teen to the hospital because of "pain" :rolleyes: :loser:

I'd like to see it, where is it?

Thanks
Jubie

Well, hopefully if a group as various as ours can agree that it looks like nothing, then so can Disney. Good lesson the father is teaching the kid!:rolleyes:

The end of the article ....
"In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not-guilty."

That was like a fraction of what the perv did...
Disney is very good at controlling the Media.
The report was 1 13 yo, in reality Disney had many complaints.
My sister worked there and knew "tigger" and my cousin was groped by him as well.(he did not know she was related to an empolyee)
I met the perv once.... He was weird.
Doted over my neice (age 1) just a little to much in 7 months time he was fired.
Was a little to "huggy" when I met him. He sent off bad vibes... If that makes sense. I met him as a co-employees relative and he was creepy.
And please do not get me started about the Disney abductions.
My point here is that Disney has a grand media team... They spin things how they wish and I am not yet ready to disparage this father.

Considering that Tigger can't see but a little bit directly in front of him, reaching to remove a hand that is doing something he doesn't like behind him might result in a face shot - but it'd doubtful the kid felt it with all the padding, and doubtful that Tigger even knew he touched anything but the offending arm. He resumes the pose, so it wasn't any big deal for either of them.

I just seen it and they said they had to take the boy to the hospital because of the pain in his neck. Please, people sue over EVERYTHING these days.

Amraann said:
The end of the article ....
"In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not-guilty."

That was like a fraction of what the perv did...
Disney is very good at controlling the Media.
The report was 1 13 yo, in reality Disney had many complaints.
My sister worked there and knew "tigger" and my cousin was groped by him as well.(he did not know she was related to an empolyee)
I met the perv once.... He was weird.
Doted over my neice (age 1) just a little to much in 7 months time he was fired.
Was a little to "huggy" when I met him. He sent off bad vibes... If that makes sense. I met him as a co-employees relative and he was creepy.
And please do not get me started about the Disney abductions.
My point here is that Disney has a grand media team... They spin things how they wish and I am not yet ready to disparage this father.

So are you saying that if one Tigger acted inappropriately, then they are all suspect? Sorta like if one department store Santa was a little too friendly, I guess they all should be scrutinized? Or maybe there is just ONE Santa, and his just magically appears everywhere simultaneously?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back