1019 users online (182 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hunter bags 1100 pound "Hogzilla"

FAYETTE CO., Ga. -- A wild boar, weighing 1,100 pounds, was killed near Atlanta, Georgia. Residents said the so-called 'Hogzilla' had been tearing up their yards for years. A neighbor, who touts being an avid hunter, shot the pig in another neighbor's yard. The animal was then displayed hanging from a tree. In recent years, the animals have been spotted and killed in Georgia, but the Department of Natural Resources is trying to determine if the size of the most recent one breaks a state record.
    link
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

Poor piggy I watched a documentary about the other "hogzilla" where they dug up where it was buried to measure it. I hate to see animals killed and hung on display. I wish he could have been relocated somewhere.
    Happy New Years

agree--I hate to see any animals killed, but this boar was huge and I imagine a danger if it charged you--perhaps this boar was just too big or it was too risky to relocate

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    Poor piggy I watched a documentary about the other "hogzilla" where they dug up where it was buried to measure it. I hate to see animals killed and hung on display. I wish he could have been relocated somewhere.
    I agree. I've taken to tossing out our local paper unread during hunting season because on any page there might be a picture of a poor dead animal with it's tongue hanging out while some hunter beams over his kill. It makes me ill.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    Wild boars are extraordinarily dangerous and unpredictable. I cannot imagine trying to relocate such a thing, especially one THAT size!

Would you feel better if they turned it into bacon and ham? (Can't imagine how a wild pig would taste, lol.)

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I agree. I've taken to tossing out our local paper unread during hunting season because on any page there might be a picture of a poor dead animal with it's tongue hanging out while some hunter beams over his kill. It makes me ill.
    Are you a vegetarian?

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    (Can't imagine how a wild pig would taste, lol.)
    they taste really good..

Wild boars are extraordinarily dangerous and unpredictable. I cannot imagine trying to relocate such a thing, especially one THAT size!

Would you feel better if they turned it into bacon and ham? (Can't imagine how a wild pig would taste, lol.)
    Nah, sorry to say that would not make me feel any better. I rarely eat pigs, cows, fish, sheep, or any other animal. But at least it would not go to waste.
    Happy New Years

Don't feel sorry for these things. They have been described as four legged fire ants. Most states want them to be wiped out. They will tear up a yard like you wouldn't believe. I've seen them around where I live and they are spreading all over the United States. You don't want them. They can be eaten like a regular hog but they breed like rats and are a true menace. If you don't have them, thank your lucky stars and pray you never get any. If you see one kill it and be glad.

Are you a vegetarian?
    No, I'm not. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    No, I'm not. Why?
    Just wondering due to your aversion to seeing what hunters catch and eat. You are also eating animals that have been killed, you realize.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

MissouriMule, they sound pretty brutal the way you're describing them--are they really spreading thruout the US? Here in south and central florida I think they used to be around but there has been so much real estate development that we never hear about them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    MissouriMule, they sound pretty brutal the way you're describing them--are they really spreading thruout the US? Here in south and central florida I think they used to be around but there has been so much real estate development that we never hear about them anymore
    Here are a couple of links. First one describes their invasiveness in the US and the other is about them in general:

http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/a...wildboar.shtml

http://www.bigcats.org/esa/wildboar11.html

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Just wondering due to your aversion to seeing what hunters catch and eat. You are also eating animals that have been killed, you realize.

As I am not a total imbecile, of course I realize that the meat I eat comes from dead animals. So long as the men who work at the slaughter houses don't proudly display their kill in my morning paper I have no problem with it. Big whoop-ti-do, so a man killed a helpless defensive animal simply by pointing a gun at it and pulling the trigger. Color me unimpressed. Take down that boar with your bare hands and then we'll talk.

BTW, not all hunters eat what they kill. As a matter of fact, many don't.

Don't feel bad Mabel I feel the same way. If you choose to hunt that's fine (although I wish people wouldn't) but I don't want to see the pictures of your kill. Keep them for yourself and your buddies.

I've never understood what pleasure someone could get out of killing a defenseless animal for sport. Maybe hogzilla was too big and dangerous to relocate but they could have shot him and been done with it. No need to plaster pictures everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast