What was John wearing the morning of Dec. 26?

Shanny

Reaction score
I know that it has been disgusted about what Patsy was wearing the morning of Dec. 26th ( she wore the same clothes she did the night before) I am wondering what John was wearing on the morning of the 26.
In every interview John states that when he heard Patsy screaming he ran down stairs in his underwear and after Patsy called the police he went upstairs to get dressed.
Does anyone know if he put back on the same clothes as he had on the night before? Or did he change into a different outfit?

Shanny said:
I know that it has been disgusted about what Patsy was wearing the morning of Dec. 26th ( she wore the same clothes she did the night before) I am wondering what John was wearing on the morning of the 26.
In every interview John states that when he heard Patsy screaming he ran down stairs in his underwear and after Patsy called the police he went upstairs to get dressed.
Does anyone know if he put back on the same clothes as he had on the night before? Or did he change into a different outfit?
Excellent question!!

Shanny, on pg 306 of JonBenét- The Police Files, it only says:

JR: Well, before the first policeman arrived, I went upstairs and put on some pants and a shirt and probably looked through the house some more.

It sounds to me like he put on different clothes than what he had worn the night before. IMO, if he had been wearing the same outfit (ala Patsy) we would have heard about it.

If I run across anything else, I'll let you know. Or, if you do, let us know, deal?
smile.gif

Shanny said:
Question, I am a lurker and decided to post on JB's forum. Has Patsy ever given the reason why she was in the same clothes as the night before? I apologize if this has already been discussed.

It's all right, most of us don't mind covering info for people who missed it the previous times we've discussed it. We might even see something missed before by re-examining things.

Patsy's reason for wearing the same clothes was that she was getting up really early and she had clothes at the house in Michigan, so her plan was to throw on what she'd had on before and change later when they got there. Apparently she'd said she had put the clothes in the bathtub, and just picked them up to dress in them when she went in to wash up and put on make up.

Since no one has ever remarked that JR wore the same clothes, it's logical to assume he didn't. He supposedly took a shower that morning and ran down in his underwear when Patsy found the note, then ran back up and got dressed before police arrived. Patsy did not take a shower that morning, saying her shower was broken. No one is quite sure why she couldn't use any of the other showers in the house, especially considering John's shower was working fine.

Nuisanceposter said:
It's all right, most of us don't mind covering info for people who missed it the previous times we've discussed it. We might even see something missed before by re-examining things.

Patsy's reason for wearing the same clothes was that she was getting up really early and she had clothes at the house in Michigan, so her plan was to throw on what she'd had on before and change later when they got there. Apparently she'd said she had put the clothes in the bathtub, and just picked them up to dress in them when she went in to wash up and put on make up.

Since no one has ever remarked that JR wore the same clothes, it's logical to assume he didn't. He supposedly took a shower that morning and ran down in his underwear when Patsy found the note, then ran back up and got dressed before police arrived. Patsy did not take a shower that morning, saying her shower was broken. No one is quite sure why she couldn't use any of the other showers in the house, especially considering John's shower was working fine.

Nuisanceposter,

Well if Patsy had killed Jonbenet and staged it down in the basement, then you would really expect her to have a shower and change her clothes, she should have been covered in forensic evidence?

I reckon Patsy may not have been wearing those clothes when JonBenet was killed, these were probably put on when she decided JonBenet was going to have to be abducted, and her body dumped outdoors along with authoring an accompanying ransom note?

So how about if she had a shower using John's prior to him having his one, then she puts her worn clothes back on, knowing full well any fibers she leaves either on JonBenet or in the dumping of her body e.g. using the car, that any fibers are contentious, and can be put down to the journey the night before?

IrishMist said:
Shanny, on pg 306 of JonBenét- The Police Files, it only says:

JR: Well, before the first policeman arrived, I went upstairs and put on some pants and a shirt and probably looked through the house some more.

It sounds to me like he put on different clothes than what he had worn the night before. IMO, if he had been wearing the same outfit (ala Patsy) we would have heard about it.

If I run across anything else, I'll let you know. Or, if you do, let us know, deal? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Note Well, before the first policeman arrived, I went upstairs and put on some pants and a shirt and PROBABLY?!?!? ( emphasis mine ) looked through the house some more. Either he did or did not. How do you PROBABLY do something or ....not. You did or you did not.

Nuisanceposter said:

Thanks very much. So John could take a shower and Patsy couldn't? Hmm ... If your child was "missing" would you put your makeup on? I highly doubt it. Would love to know what really happened to that little girl. I look at my 6 year old and often think of JB and how someone could do this.

Thanks very much!

coloradokares said:
Note Well, before the first policeman arrived, I went upstairs and put on some pants and a shirt and PROBABLY?!?!? ( emphasis mine ) looked through the house some more. Either he did or did not. How do you PROBABLY do something or ....not. You did or you did not.
I remember reading this before, and thought the same thing. PROBABLY looked through the house some more.....like he didn't know if he did or didn't. He never looked through the house to begin with....he didn't have to...because he already knew that JB's body was in the basement. Why search the house, when you already know where the something is that you are looking for? Probably? GEESH!!! What a liar!!! :liar:

UKGuy said:
Nuisanceposter,

Well if Patsy had killed Jonbenet and staged it down in the basement, then you would really expect her to have a shower and change her clothes, she should have been covered in forensic evidence?

I reckon Patsy may not have been wearing those clothes when JonBenet was killed, these were probably put on when she decided JonBenet was going to have to be abducted, and her body dumped outdoors along with authoring an accompanying ransom note?

So how about if she had a shower using John's prior to him having his one, then she puts her worn clothes back on, knowing full well any fibers she leaves either on JonBenet or in the dumping of her body e.g. using the car, that any fibers are contentious, and can be put down to the journey the night before?

This is interesting: I will post the link if needed...

"The Blue Bath Robe A blue bath robe was found on the floor in the den on the first floor of the house.
Why was it there? It is said to be a man's robe. I doubt that John Ramsey wore this robe as he came rushing down the stairs when his wife screamed, and removed his robe to leave it on the floor. This is a puzzle, or is it?
Did Patsy Ramsey wear the blue robe? When the horror started on the night that JonBenet was killed Patsy was wearing the same clothes she was wearing at the White's Christmas Dinner party. At some point it dawned on her that she better get out of those clothes to eliminate fiber evidence from her clothing. She put on the blue robe. Later she changed back into her clothes and planned to have the same clothes on when the police arrived. She HAD to be wearing them because she was going to make sure that those same clothes were seen by the police and her friends as she fell on the body of her daughter. Patsy HAD to have access to her dead daughter in front of the police and her friends, just as John Ramsey HAD to discover his daughter's body. "

Nuisanceposter said:

The part that I bolded has always struck me as odd. While I'm sure they did have clothes in Charlevoix, they used that home as a summer home, didn't they? So the clothes they did have there would be summer clothes, right?

Plus, we all know how quickly kids grow... would the clothes there still fit?

Just seems strange to me.

John Ramsey was wearing a long-sleeved blue-and-white-striped shirt and khaki slacks on Dec 26 (Thomas's book pg. 16).

-Tea

coloradokares said:
In that case he probably could have answered the door with nothing on...

Ames said:
I remember reading this before, and thought the same thing. PROBABLY looked through the house some more.....like he didn't know if he did or didn't. He never looked through the house to begin with....he didn't have to...because he already knew that JB's body was in the basement. Why search the house, when you already know where the something is that you are looking for? Probably? GEESH!!! What a liar!!! :liar:
I agree,those 2 would have been throwing stuff around right n left if JB had really been missing...only stopping long enough to call police and then going right back to searching.LE would have had to MAKE them sit down or be still !!!

Ames said:
This is interesting: I will post the link if needed...

"The Blue Bath Robe A blue bath robe was found on the floor in the den on the first floor of the house.
Why was it there? It is said to be a man's robe. I doubt that John Ramsey wore this robe as he came rushing down the stairs when his wife screamed, and removed his robe to leave it on the floor. This is a puzzle, or is it?
Did Patsy Ramsey wear the blue robe? When the horror started on the night that JonBenet was killed Patsy was wearing the same clothes she was wearing at the White's Christmas Dinner party. At some point it dawned on her that she better get out of those clothes to eliminate fiber evidence from her clothing. She put on the blue robe. Later she changed back into her clothes and planned to have the same clothes on when the police arrived. She HAD to be wearing them because she was going to make sure that those same clothes were seen by the police and her friends as she fell on the body of her daughter. Patsy HAD to have access to her dead daughter in front of the police and her friends, just as John Ramsey HAD to discover his daughter's body. "

Ames,

Its possible that both John and Patsy may have had it in their mind to somehow touch JonBenet soon after she was discovered?

But neither could guarantee, in advance, they would be afforded that opportunity, they may have been arrested, or as usual, the wine-cellar cordoned off, and JonBenet left in-situ, so I doubt there was ever a plan to gain bodily contact with JonBenet.

The Blue Robe: Applying occam and kiss principles, this is what John was wearing when he arose from bed? And he may have arose from bed to accomodate JonBenet? Was the den the same place the magazine with all those X's marked on it?

I doubt Patsy was wearing the same clothes that she wore to the White's thats part of the staging, she wants you to believe this, its part of the plan, she knows the clothes she wore to the White's will not be contentious!

The Ramsey's version of events is inconsistent with the forensic evidence, so you can assume its all mostly staged for their benefit, even Burke gets a lie in that morning, no need for an early rise for the vacation flight.

JMO8778 said:
I agree,those 2 would have been throwing stuff around right n left if JB had really been missing...only stopping long enough to call police and then going right back to searching.LE would have had to MAKE them sit down or be still !!!

I agree!! If that had of been MY child, after calling 911....I would have searched the whole house!!!! Under beds, Burke's bedroom, in the closet....and ESPECIALLY the basement!!! I know that there was a "ransom note"...and to defend themselves, they would probably say that they had no reason to search the house thoroughly, because they thought it was a kidnapping. BUT....what else was there to do, after calling 911? Geez, make yourself USEFUL....search the house, turn it upside down!! Now thats what I would have done, and thats what YOU would have done...but, the Ramsey's? No, they took that precious time to call their friends over to have an early morning, spur of the moment, tea party. What's ironic, is....if an "intruder" had of done it, (which he didn't)....and if they had of searched that house RIGHT after the 911 call, there could have been the possibility that she COULD have still been alive. I have never heard the Ramsey's say that they regret not finding JB's body sooner, because they may could have saved her.....have you ever heard them comment on that before? I know that French said, that he had regrets, because he didn't check that room where she was found, in the beginning....BUT...do the Ramsey's have regrets? Now THAT is the question.....

UKGuy said:
<snipped>
The Blue Robe: Applying occam and kiss principles, this is what John was wearing when he arose from bed? And he may have arose from bed to accomodate JonBenet? Was the den the same place the magazine with all those X's marked on it?
<snipped>

But, when John got out of the bed, he went to take a shower....so, if he wore the blue robe, how did it get downstairs? I am sorry, I cannot remember where that magazine was found, with the X's on it. Maybe another poster here, knows. Anyone?

I agree. Even if there's a ransom note, you need to do something while you wait for police and the promised phone call, and doing something useful like searching the house inside and out is the most productive thing to do. I also think the denial that parents experience when a child dies might possibly apply here, only with denial over the child being kidnapped instead of dead. "My child was kidnapped? While I slept upstairs? No, that can't be. I'm going to search for her until I find her."

Look at Josh Duckett - no one has seen his 2 yr old son Trenton in over four months or knows where he could be but Josh refuses to believe his son is really gone and searches for him daily.

Just sitting around doing nothing, not searching (and then not mentioning finding open windows when you finally do search) is something a person who knows where the kidnapped child is would do.

Again, referring to Trenton Duckett - his mother Melinda, last person to see him, claimed he'd been abducted from his bedroom but spent her time (prior to her death) sitting there lying to LE and arguing with people on the internet as to how involved in the search she was rather than getting off the computer and going out to search for him. IMO, Melinda Duckett knew exactly where Trenton was, and the Ramseys knew exactly where JonBenet was. A parent who doesn't won't stop searching. That's giving up, and your child is depending upon you to not give up.

Ames said:
But, when John got out of the bed, he went to take a shower....so, if he wore the blue robe, how did it get downstairs? I am sorry, I cannot remember where that magazine was found, with the X's on it. Maybe another poster here, knows. Anyone?

Ames,

But, when John got out of the bed, he went to take a shower....so
Did he really?

How about he took a shower after being involved in the death of JonBenet, so had to remove forensic evidence.

Then wearing the robe he supervised parts of the coverup?

Nuisanceposter said:
I agree. Even if there's a ransom note, you need to do something while you wait for police and the promised phone call, and doing something useful like searching the house inside and out is the most productive thing to do. I also think the denial that parents experience when a child dies might possibly apply here, only with denial over the child being kidnapped instead of dead. "My child was kidnapped? While I slept upstairs? No, that can't be. I'm going to search for her until I find her."

Look at Josh Duckett - no one has seen his 2 yr old son Trenton in over four months or knows where he could be but Josh refuses to believe his son is really gone and searches for him daily.

Just sitting around doing nothing, not searching (and then not mentioning finding open windows when you finally do search) is something a person who knows where the kidnapped child is would do.

Again, referring to Trenton Duckett - his mother Melinda, last person to see him, claimed he'd been abducted from his bedroom but spent her time (prior to her death) sitting there lying to LE and arguing with people on the internet as to how involved in the search she was rather than getting off the computer and going out to search for him. IMO, Melinda Duckett knew exactly where Trenton was, and the Ramseys knew exactly where JonBenet was. A parent who doesn't won't stop searching. That's giving up, and your child is depending upon you to not give up.

Nuisanceposter,

It was all staged down to the 911 call. No need to search, let the police find her corpse, then they could fly off somewhere safe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back