GUILTY KS - Jodi Sanderholm, 19, Arkansas City, 5 Jan 2007

I can't explain it, but I just have a not good feeling about this. :( I hope it's like the girl from Independence recently, who was faking, and found to be alive rather quickly. (The case has been shushed now, she faked her own kidnapping.)

Authorities continue to question a man Ark City Police Chief Sean Wallace described as a "groupie" of the College's danceline team, of which Jodi was a member.

The man is in custody on charges unrelated to Sanderholm's disappearance, Wallace said Sunday afternoon. Police discovered an arrest warrant for the man when they questioned him about the Sanderholm case, he said.

Some people close to Sanderholm suspect the man is involved in her vanishing, Wallace said. But there is no evidence linking him to the disappearance and Wallace asked that his name not be made public to protect his rights and his safety.

"We're not through talking to him," Wallace said. "We want to make sure he had nothing to do with it."

Jodi's mother, Cindy Sanderholm, said Sunday that the man is not a suspect and that rumors about him stalking Jodi are unfounded.

Police continue search for missing woman

Jodi doesn't seem the type to take off. Too much discipline in her everyday activities. More than likely she met up with an undisciplined monster.

Prayers for Jodi's family as this uncertain outcome continues. This is very scary

The night was crisp and cold. The sounds of sobs broke the silence and the soft light of candles lit the darkness.

Hope was in the air, and floating among the rising fog of warm breath were thoughts and prayers going out for Jodi Sanderholm.

This was the scene Saturday night outside the Ark City Dance building where community members, family, friends, colleagues and dance partners held a candlelight vigil for Sanderholm, a Cowley College freshman and Ark City native, who disappeared Friday afternoon.

The search continued Sunday with no specific leads.

Candlelight vigil held for Jodi Sanderholm

I wonder if this groupie was a fan of American Beauty and named Lester, to boot. Okay, that last part was silly. Still -- how creepy.

I'd be questioning him non-stop, too.

Thanks for the YouTube video, Absolut. I've embedded it at CrimeBlog.US and linked back to your entry, as well.

Steve

Thanks, I have a pretty weird feeling about this one. Not necessarily bad, possibly an outcome we don't expect though.

Prayers for Jodi and her family. What a beautiful young girl.

Jodi called her mother at 11:50 a.m. Friday, after finishing dance class, and said she was going to visit friends, Cindy said.

But those friends weren't home, Cindy later learned, and Jodi apparently decided to head to Subway instead.

Surveillance tapes put Jodi in the Subway around 1 p.m., her mother said. Jodi spoke with the girl who made her sandwich, a former girlfriend of her brother's.

"Jodi was talking to her about going up to Kansas City to see her sister, who was going to have a baby," Cindy said.

After that, Jodi left. Her parents expected her to either come home or go to their shop, Arkansas City Glass Co.

Missing woman's loved ones gather for support

She's a beautiful girl. I'm worried there was some inside or outside the Subway who spotted her and followed her. Prayers for Jodi!

I wonder if there are any ditches or lakes narby where her car might have went off of the road and she's stranded, injured or worse :(
I wonder where the last "ping" from her cell phone was detected?

PrayersForMaura said:
I wonder if there are any ditches or lakes narby where her car might have went off of the road and she's stranded, injured or worse :(
I wonder where the last "ping" from her cell phone was detected?

I heard her father last night tell Kimberly Guilfoyle that there have been no pings, that her phone battery must be dead b/c they have picked up no cell tower pings at all since she has been missing.

That is ominous. I do believe that as part of going to the candy factory in Dexter Kansas I will see if we can go down a less traveled road in the Ark City area. (Since we won't be too far from there, and I just have a feeling.) There are backroads, with overgrown ditches in these parts...

I don't understand how there is no pings at all? At some point her phone battery wasnt dead seeing as how she used her cell to call her mother that day?

englishleigh said:
I heard her father last night tell Kimberly Guilfoyle that there have been no pings, that her phone battery must be dead b/c they have picked up no cell tower pings at all since she has been missing.

maybe someone removed the battery from the phone? Just an idea since many people especially not so sane ones can read about committing a more perfect crime.

Police recover evidence linked to missing teen

Arkansas City police announced this morning that they have recovered evidence connected to the disappearance of 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm, and are asking rural Cowley County residents to check their garages, outbuildings, barns and other structures for the missing woman's car.

In a prepared statement, Arkansas City Police Capt. Sean Wallace said "important leads" have been developed in the case. With the help of trackers from the Arkansas City Fire Department and the Dexter Fire District, police spent Sunday evening searching rural areas of the county.

I wonder if they have located some of her personal belongings that were beleived to be on her or with her at the time her disappearance... ?

This sounds rather ominous ..especially since they are indicating that her car could be hidden and in light of the questioning of the one idividual ( though its said there is no clear link of his involvement at this time..). It makes me wonder if the LE have information from the individual that has led to the discovery of her belongings.

This reminds me of the first few days of the Jaime Lynn Drake (19)case in Washington state. Againa very responsible young woman with so much going for her who suddenly disappears...I hope the outcome here is vastly different than in Jaime's case.

It does sound bad. I think they must be looking really hard at that "dance team groupie" guy. :(

While browsing through Cowley College webpage, there was this article from 12/6/2006 mentioning the coach of the Danceline team by the name of Lindsay Sanderholn. I wonder if she is a relative of Jodi's?

Pray for her safe return.

Curious J said:
While browsing through Cowley College webpage, there was this article from 12/6/2006 mentioning the coach of the Danceline team by the name of Lindsay Sanderholn. I wonder if she is a relative of Jodi's?

Pray for her safe return.

http://www.cowleytigers.com/dance/dancestaff.html

Lindsay is married to an Aaron Sanderholm. That's an unusual name for them not to be related. I wonder if Aaron is a brother or cousin of Jodi.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back