Texas Cheerleaders Terrorize School

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
I can't believe this....

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/texas-cheerleaders-terrorize-school/20070107090709990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Dubbed the "Fab Five," they acted like they could get away with almost anything and refused to bend to authority. They repeatedly skipped class, insulted their instructors, and terrorized their coach, their fourth coach in just one year.

The Fab Five even posted sexually suggestive pictures of themselves on MySpace, but that still wasn't enough for the school to take their pompoms away.

In an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America," Michaela Ward, the coach that the Fab Five drove out, said the girls were beyond discipline.

"Unfortunately these girls were given power that any teenager would have completely abused. They were untouchable. They were invincible. The rules did not apply to them," Ward said. "There was no accountability. They knew that I had absolutely no power to discipline."

The school finally took action. Now, two questions are being asked: What took so long? And who is to blame?

More at link

This is not a unique situation. I know so many kids who are just like this. Too many parents just close their eyes and then they are surprised when their kids are running amok.

csds703 said:
This is not a unique situation. I know so many kids who are just like this. Too many parents just close their eyes and then they are surprised when their kids are running amok.
This would be unique here. It wouldn't matter what the parents did or didn't do, it would be handled by admin on the school level.

It really is not hard to believe that this could happen, with the "cheerleaders leading person's mother" being the principle of the school. (What would you do as a mother? Turn on your daughter?)
The sad part is the time it took to "bring it to life" and the damage that it seems to have done to some of the school staff.
I have in recent years said that being a teacher would be on the low end of my occupation choices. If a teacher irks several students, they get together and claim he/she has made sexual advances on them, and there career is over.
Sad! So very sad!!

Our school district has zero tolerance for everything and these girls would have been shut down principle mother or not.

Puca said:
It really is not hard to believe that this could happen, with the "cheerleaders leading person's mother" being the principle of the school. (What would you do as a mother? Turn on your daughter?)
Putting a stop to it and disciplining her daughter wouldn't be "turning on her", IMO, it would be parenting her daughter. I've known parents who were administrators or teachers at schools their kid attended, and it was always the other way around....the kid was always really well behaved, never got in trouble, etc. because they KNEW the parent would find out easily. For this girl to not have any fear of any reprocussions because Mommy was the principal tells me that there was a major LACK of parenting going on.

The middle school where my daughter goes has a cheerleading team somewhat like this. At 12 and 13, they are not overtly sexual yet, but they are "mean girls" and think they are miles above everyone else. I see these girls being just like these TX cheerleaders by high school if their parents don't wake up.

What exactly did the girls do that warranted this news story? I read the article and watched the video, and all I can see is that they posted pictures of themselves on Myspace and stole their teacher's cell phone. Also, they were disrespectful to other teachers.

I'm sure there must be more to this story if it's on national news, but why won't anybody say exactly what these girls did?

geez... aren't most teenage girls posting slutty photos of themselves on myspace nowadays? heh.. nothing unusual there.
and the real question here.. WHY, exactly,, did the school board give this corrupt woman $75K to resign instead of firing her dumb *advertiser censored*?????

reb,
I agree with you...why o why was the principal given 75,000.00? What utter bs.:banghead:

I suppose it just depends on how her compensation package read.

I thought the cheerleaders were supposed to represent their school. Bad behaviour should have not been tolerated.

Mr. E said:
What exactly did the girls do that warranted this news story? I read the article and watched the video, and all I can see is that they posted pictures of themselves on Myspace and stole their teacher's cell phone. Also, they were disrespectful to other teachers.

I'm sure there must be more to this story if it's on national news, but why won't anybody say exactly what these girls did?

These girls actually did worse things than many of the little kids that I read about on this forum all time and the girls got away with it all until someone finally took action. Other (little) kids are accused of various crimes and they and their families are humiliated for hugging, wetting their pants, drumming their fingers on a desk, kicking the principal in a fit, having cigarettes in a pocket, not wanting to submit to being handcuffed, etc, etc, etc. I see the typical school system at work and a principal making her own rules. I'll bet other kids at that school were severely punished or even sent to alternative schools for similar things. Why wasn't the principal hauled into court for abscences and skipping, threatened with jail, given a big fine like my husband was when our daughters here in Texas decided to skip classes after lunch? I'll bet that didn't apply to this principal and her cheerleading parents. Page 2 of that article in the link has absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Becba said:
I thought the cheerleaders were supposed to represent their school. Bad behaviour should have not been tolerated.
This situation does remind me of one of those horrid teen flicks. Can't remember any of the names of the movies since they were none I ever watched and were full of bull.

Sad young girls now have Paris, Lindsey, and the other young gals as role models.:(

Gozgals

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Long gone are the days when parents would let the school dictate their child's punishment. Most parents say "not my kid!" when they are accused of something.

paladin said:
Long gone are the days when parents would let the school dictate their child's punishment. Most parents say "not my kid!" when they are accused of something
Boy our school district is so different than those that you describe and I thought it was bad. But now I am not so sure it's bad after all.
The parents have no say as to what happens to their child in school when they break the rules. Plenty of parents around here say "not my child" and our school says oh yes it is and out they go!
Some of these infractions would have brought suspension and/or expulsion here in a heartbeat. Also here it goes to a separate committee that does not include the principal.It goes to CHild Welfare and Attendance and that is district wide, not just school specific. So the principal shoving this under the carpet would have only lasted for so long until the teacher went to the district and then that would have been the end of it.

Yeah, these girls will go on to be prima donnas in their college careers and marry some drunkard frat boy attorney wanna be.

But the good news is that in 20 years at the reunion, they will all be just as flabby and just as divorced as most everyone else. Karma...it sucks.

This story is amazing though. It is like a bad hollywood caricature of modern day high school life...where it is meant to be so over the top as to not be believable. But it was true!

Cal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back