France: parents beheaded by crashing helicopter

JanetElaine

Reaction score
This just made me sick.... I haven't been able to find an English link yet but will post that a.s.a.p..

In the town of Villeneuve in France the parents of a 5 year old girl were beheaded when a helicopter crashed into a restaurant parking lot. The girl saw everything happen.... poor child.....

The 5 people on board the chopper survived. A third person's body was found at the scene later by firefighters. A fourth was critically injured.

:( :(

The info I just posted up there came from ANP... I found some English articles by Reuters, and their info is slightly different, but very sad nonetheless.... guess we'll have to wait a bit to find out which news agency got it right....

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/953964

Horrible--same thing happened to Vic Morrow from the'60's show "Combat"--In 1982, on the set of Twilight Zone: The Movie, A scene where Morrow is carrying 2 kids, a helicopter dropped too ow and instantly decapitated him--thnk Jennifer Jason Leigh is Vic Morrow's daughter but not sure

JanetElaine said:
The info I just posted up there came from ANP... I found some English articles by Reuters, and their info is slightly different, but very sad nonetheless.... guess we'll have to wait a bit to find out which news agency got it right....

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/953964
Thats horrible.....what a terrible tragedy for a five year old to witness.

Peter Hamilton said:
Horrible--same thing happened to Vic Morrow from the'60's show "Combat"--In 1982, on the set of Twilight Zone: The Movie, A scene where Morrow is carrying 2 kids, a helicopter dropped too ow and instantly decapitated him--thnk Jennifer Jason Leigh is Vic Morrow's daughter but not sure

Yes, Peter, that is correct, she is Vic Morrow's daughter. I have a hard time watching that vignette with Morrow in the film b/c of what happened.

From reading the link I got the impression that one lady lost her leg but I didn't see anything about anyone being decapitated. Did I read it wrong?

You didn't read it wrong... the info I posted in the first post I could not find in English (and I haven't tried finding it today, yet).
Here is the link in Dutch, it includes a video

http://tinyurl.com/ya9k57

Peter Hamilton said:
Yes that is true Peter. I seen the E True Hollywood Story on that.

RoughlyCollie said:

Hi RC! What a tragic story.

Most people dont know that piloting a helicopter takes much more training and skill than flying an airplane. All helicopter pilots first know how to fly an airplane and then they graduate to the helicopter. While an airplane pretty much keeps itself aloft a helicopter pilot must constantly maneuver the aircraft in order for it to fly smoothly. The pilot is continuously working and there is no downtime.

It sounds like there may have been rotor head problems such as a sheered pin. Of course the blades must be in exact sequence with each other or the copter will start to go out of control. Also there must be enough wind underneath the copter to keep it stable and airlifted. If it hits void pockets it is going to fall.

I think this was in an congested area and the helicopter had to rise and then out above buildings to take off. Sometimes the air is not enough to keep it aloft and it will spiral. When that happens if lucky there is only what is called a "hard landing" and the crew or passengers will not be seriously hurt but if they have already climbed to a high altitude they too are killed most every time. What caused this to be so devastating is it went down in a congested area. I wish it had been in an open field somewhere.

My heart breaks for the little girl who saw all of this happen.

IMO

Ocean

That poor little girl.

Something like that will haunt you forever.

Prayers for her, bless her little heart.

Prayers for the little girl who witnessed such horror. I hope top quality counseling is provided for her for as long as she needs. And, I hope she has loving family members to take her in and give her love and stability that she needs.

LionRun

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back