"Stun Gun" marks

Jessiebell

Lizard Catcher
Reaction score
I'm a chronic lurker but I've been looking for something for a while now that I cannot find and answer to, so I thought I would ask. :rolleyes:

Has it been investigated/discussed - if those marks could have been made by the bolts on the inside of the hard case suitcase and the faint red/pink square around it by the plate that usually surrounds the handle/latch placed to keep the bolts from easily pulling through the suitcase material from regular use?

I'm thinking that the if whoever was trying to "clean-up" indeed tried the suitcase to carry her out - maybe the marks were made from trying to force it closed - squeezing her lower back against the bolts or screws and backing plates. It could maybe have been made by the handle screws - or I was thinking they were too close together for that - but the latch on the other side would also have screws and a plate and would be closer together.

Anyway - sorry if I'm rehashing It's just been irking me and I cannot locate a previous discussion on any of the forums I searched.

Thanks guys!:)

Of course I meant to add that obviously if someone (John for example) did try the suitcase - they were not able to close it and went to "plan" b - leave the body in the house.

Jessiebell said:
I'm a chronic lurker but I've been looking for something for a while now that I cannot find and answer to, so I thought I would ask. :rolleyes:

Has it been investigated/discussed - if those marks could have been made by the bolts on the inside of the hard case suitcase and the faint red/pink square around it by the plate that usually surrounds the handle/latch placed to keep the bolts from easily pulling through the suitcase material from regular use?

I'm thinking that the if whoever was trying to "clean-up" indeed tried the suitcase to carry her out - maybe the marks were made from trying to force it closed - squeezing her lower back against the bolts or screws and backing plates. It could maybe have been made by the handle screws - or I was thinking they were too close together for that - but the latch on the other side would also have screws and a plate and would be closer together.

Anyway - sorry if I'm rehashing It's just been irking me and I cannot locate a previous discussion on any of the forums I searched.

Thanks guys!:)
Could be. I have thought that John had maybe planned on putting JB's body in that suitcase (found in the basement under the window), and carrying her out. I had even thought that maybe plan A could have been for him to fly the plane himself to Michigan, as planned....BUT...to take that suitcase with him (with JB's body)...and dump it in Lake Michigan. I know that is totally farfetched...but, it was just a thought. I have thought that those marks could have possibly been from the Christmas lights on the staircase too. Those things, ten years ago....used to get really hot...(there had even been a recall on them..because they were burning people's houses down). I have seen a photo of the staircase that was taken shortly after JB's body was found, and the lights were ON.

Thanks Ames!

I was just looking at them again and suddenly I thought about how those older hardcase suitcases were usually hardwared -and it was sorta of an OMG moment - It'll make me go out to the area thrift stores and see if I can find and old hard case like that and check! Just to get it out of my head anyway. I mostly just couldn't recall it being discussed.

Thanks again! :)

JessieBell

Jessiebell said:
Thanks Ames!

I was just looking at them again and suddenly I thought about how those older hardcase suitcases were usually hardwared -and it was sorta of an OMG moment - It'll make me go out to the area thrift stores and see if I can find and old hard case like that and check! Just to get it out of my head anyway. I mostly just couldn't recall it being discussed.

Thanks again! :)

JessieBell
You are welcome!! My mother-in-law has a hard suitcase like that...I may have to break down and call and ask her. Although, I would rather poke my eye out with a stick, instead of calling to ask her ANYTHING! ;)

years ago it was said the marks on JB's neck were from her loom. (the kind to make potholders)
It has those little points that stick up. Some thought she may have laid on it.

The hair ties that were scattered on her bedroom floor were actually the little round loops she used to make the potholders not hair ties.

I have no idea where to find this information...forgot.

kaykay

JMO

kaykay said:
years ago it was said the marks on JB's neck were from her loom. (the kind to make potholders)
It has those little points that stick up. Some thought she may have laid on it.

The hair ties that were scattered on her bedroom floor were actually the little round loops she used to make the potholders not hair ties.

I have no idea where to find this information...forgot.

kaykay

JMO
I have also read this, so I will see if I can find the link. I remember seeing pictures of the loom, and the guy that wrote the article pressed a loom, exactly like JB's...into his skin. He took pictures of the results....and to me, it looked just like the abrasions found on JB. So, the loom causing the marks on JB, is a huge possibility. The police took pictures of JB's loom...and they can be found along with the crime scene photos on acandyrose site. They must have had a reason for taking those pictures. I don't think that they would have done that, if they hadn't suspected that the loom played some sort of part in her injuries.

Thank you both. I have read about the loom theories - so I do know what you are talking about there - I just was never sold on that entirely I suppose.

Thanks again!!

Jessiebell :chicken:

Ames said:
I have also read this, so I will see if I can find the link. I remember seeing pictures of the loom, and the guy that wrote the article pressed a loom, exactly like JB's...into his skin. He took pictures of the results....and to me, it looked just like the abrasions found on JB. So, the loom causing the marks on JB, is a huge possibility. The police took pictures of JB's loom...and they can be found along with the crime scene photos on acandyrose site. They must have had a reason for taking those pictures. I don't think that they would have done that, if they hadn't suspected that the loom played some sort of part in her injuries.
That's my thought. I also wonder if JB put the little loom things in her own hair using them for ties. I know my girls at that age would do all kinds of things with their hair. There were three little pony tails in her hair.
Sounds like something a kid would.

I don't think PR would prepare JB hair like this to color it. The hair color wouldn't take on the roots to well and I would think that would be the reason for the touch-up...to color the new growth.

If she didn't do it...I wonder if another child did?? That would be the way little girls would play.

kaykay,
JMO

My daughter is 7 and she cannot tie her own hair in a bobble/elastic/scrunchie. Her hair is very, very long and she can brush it and put clasps in it (Americans call these something like barr....) but she cannot quite master an elastic tie which requires double/treble twisting round.

Jayelles said:
My daughter is 7 and she cannot tie her own hair in a bobble/elastic/scrunchie. Her hair is very, very long and she can brush it and put clasps in it (Americans call these something like barr....) but she cannot quite master an elastic tie which requires double/treble twisting round.
barrette.... that would be the hair clasps. :D

Jayelles said:
(Americans call these something like barr....)

Cute! I bet that you have a really cool accent!!

I suddenly had this thought, maybe whoever did it brought something with him that would create marks similar to a stun gun's marks.

Can't think what that could be, of course, since I'm not into that kind of games. Maybe there is something, or a very unusual brand of stun gun. do foreign countries have them? Different from ours in some ways?

At another forum years ago, someone who knew about Sadomasochism (sorry about that spelling) mentioned a lot of tools of the trade, which most of us have never seen so we can't know if there was something that would make the strange abrasion marks.

There is a great theory posted in this forum on those marks...

On page 58, post #13 in a thread called...MORE ABOUT PATSY'S RINGS.

santos1014 said:

I am inclined to go with the rings. Here is the scenario that plays through my mind with variations. Patsy, wrenchs the collar of JonBenet shirt tight and her rings create the mark on the cheek. by the ear..... or variations on that general line..... Patsy cradles JonBenet after she is dead...her rings make the mark on little JonBenet's back....

santos1014 said:

What forum are we speaking of. I am very interested to read about Patsy's rings, because it seems a very viable theory. :cool:

Nuisanceposter said:
Right, WolfmarsGirl's theory. I think she's onto something. Here's some info I found in a search.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3971

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4603
I totally agree....some one said christmas lights from the garland. but not hot enough nor would she have been held against it long enough to do damage. The rings is what I think made the mark. Also the picture showed her rings turned in like it would have had to have done to do the marks. Mine always turn in. I wear a rather bold gold ring and anniversary ring on my left and precious stone ring with diamond accents on the right. All three turn in cause they are just a bit loose I am always straightening my rings out. This makes total sense to me and if you saw the pattern on the rings you'd really freak...I'll see if I can find that.......the impression pattern....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back