Dallas-based food chain to accept Mexican pesos

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Starting Monday, patrons of the Dallas-based Pizza Patrón chain, which caters heavily to Latinos, will be able to purchase American pizzas with Mexican pesos.

Restaurant experts and economists said they knew of no other food chain with locations so far from the Mexican border offering such a service.

"We're trying to reach out to our core customer," Antonio Swad, president of Pizza Patrón Inc., said Friday.

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/010607dnbuspesos.31047f5.html

Some places in London will accept €uros, but i am surprised anywhere in the United States would accept pesos. although it sounds like a reasonable business idea. using up people's pesos.

i wonder if any other businesses will go for this? Pizza Patrón's in Mesquite tested it.

I have no idea how many pesos equal one American dollar. Will people paying in Pesos get a better deal than someone who wanders in and doesn't go to Mexico or have any reason to get pesos?

I don't see the problem, if they don't mind converting the money.

I'm always grateful, when I travel, when places frequented by tourists don't mind taking dollars.

It would be my guess that they'd have a price listed in US dollars and also a price listed in pesos that is the equivilant amount in US dollars.

I'll bet the owners aren't going to be taking a loss at all and may be able to turn the pesos back in either here or in Mexico and even make some extra on the whole deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back